Reviews for The Ways of Will
Gimei chapter 6 . 7/31/2013
Nice story. I enjoyed reading it!
Skyrere chapter 6 . 12/27/2009
wonderful.

I enjoyed this very much.

Fantastic job you did here.
Faith Angel chapter 6 . 4/13/2009
Waa! I loved this!

Your sense of detail, Zidane's character, everything! I know this story is old, but it's perfect! Great job!

God Bless!
Vincent Valentine. Or A Fan chapter 4 . 6/5/2007
One Winged Angel... I'm a penny richer now for some reason. X_x

this is a good fic and as you know from this review i am about half-way done with it. i think you did a great job in the writing and the descriptions of things. i hope to see more of your works on this pairing on the site soon. maybe try a story where you can change the ending. have zidane come back but have garnet be unable to see him for some reason. maybe because of the fact he is a genome and not human. ths he would not be able to become king over a gaian nation. it doesn't matter so i'll leave it to you. thanks for the fiction and i hope to see more by you on the site.
YuniX-2 chapter 6 . 9/10/2006
this was excellently written and a lot of fun to read, it's definitely going on my favorites list.
YuniX-2 chapter 5 . 9/10/2006
when you said "almost like living glass" the first time i read it through i thought it said grass, lol, cause that would one of those WTF sentences, you know? lolz, glad i did a double take.
YuniX-2 chapter 4 . 9/10/2006
hm... would that latin be from FFVI by any chance?
Nips chapter 5 . 8/13/2006
Well... You've got a small army of reviewers over here. You should feel safe. Whether you're being picked on by some bratty kid or malignantly attacked by a flamethrower-wielding snooty pants, they've got you covered. xD But seriously... "I e-mailed square and hey explained everything. So ha." I don't think Square is gonna personally respond to each of the hundreds of thousands of e-mails they must get a day. Plus, e-mailing a company like that so you can claim your little "victory" is pretty pathetic if you ask me.

*slaps on helmet and snatches up an M16* Where to, General? I'm ready to assist on command.

ANYWAYS, to the point. I reviewd this fic in the past, but I seriously didn't know that until I found myself in the list of reviews. That was roughly 4 years ago, when I was 11 or 12. Now that I've found "The Ways of Will" once again, I just need to say... Wow! What a great, intelligent fic! Though I could predict the outcome in the end (but really, what fic isn't predictable in the end?), the ending is only part the fun. What make a story good are the style, storytelling, and the ability to entertain the reader. And let me tell ya, all of that stuff is top-notch here. I love your way with words, especially when voicing Zidane. I assure you that there will be at least one reader that steals his "wedding vow" and uses it at their own wedding, because that was some really beautiful word work. I would be bawling if I were in Dagger's shoes, believe you me.

The only complaint I have is that I was a bit annoyed with Zidane, who seemed to be flaunting his Terran ancestry to anyone and everyone arround him. I understand that this is necessary since he's supposed to be the Terran ambassador, but even during his narrative he kept that up. He spent almost his whole life on Gaia, so why would he be calling Gaian things "yours" and Terran things "mine" - ESPECIALLY when speaking to Dagger alone? Talking like that to noblemen I understood, but... to Dagger? He did spend time with the people of Bran Bal, but that doesn't warrant his sudden alien behavior. Not enough time has passed for that. It feels like there's a division being made somewhere whenever I hear that dreaded "our flowers" or "your animals". I thought a simple "Gaian this" or "Terran that" would've sufficed.

Hoo... Sorry if something from "Betweem the Lines" or any of your other works would've justified Zidane's behavior. Please, correct me if I'm making an incorrect conclusion. But really, it was a beautiful fic other than that little nitpick. Zidane's such a romantic guy... If you were a guy, I would envy the girl you married. ENVY HER TO THE POINT OF MURDER. But I'm pretty sure that you're a girl, so no. xD I kind of pity the guy who has to meet your possibly high standards because having to compete with lines like Zidane's, no man would be able to compare. Good luck to your future husband (if you're not married already). :P
Demon-Angel Hybrid chapter 6 . 4/1/2006
Very well written. Though I must say, Normal Reviewer got one thing partially right. The outcome was predictable, but it was the way it was brought about that makes the sad, lonely excuse for a decent critic horribly wrong. My opinion, you actually kept the characters true to the way they were in the game. Once again, excellant spending of my time.
nigirimeshi chapter 6 . 3/29/2006
blooming amazing story! u hav real talent it made me laugh so much Zidane is such a character lol
Last-Rider chapter 6 . 3/6/2006
back again...this story warms my heart and makes my eyes water...make another story this is good. this is great. keep it up!
Last-Rider chapter 6 . 12/29/2005
Wow. Honostly I know it looks like no one has reviewed in a while but i have to say...this is the best damn story i have ever read...I do mean EVER. Nice work, honostly best EVER.
TopKat chapter 5 . 7/29/2005
note to 'normal reviewer': you are a persistent jerk, and 'nice' reviews are only here because sly eagle deserves it. If he sucked, we would tell him, but not by being a loser, by just saying 'you suck'. we, who have more than half a brain cell,would give ideas on how to improve. It's called 'constructive criticisim. Live with it. i think you should try writing something good for a change! Maybe you are someone who would only be happy with a lemon? If so, thats 100% lamer than this or any other story Sly eagle has written.

If you can't see talent, then try to at least be helpfull. Plus, be little brave, why don't ya, and give your penname instead of going anonymous just to flame.

If you show me something better than this, only then will i conclude that you are less of the Sadistic bastard i percieve you to be. Until then, however, go Sly Eagle!
TopKat chapter 6 . 7/29/2005
Kawaii! i love this... ;_; you try reading this while listening to 'melodies of life' and not cry! I love this so much! You portrayed the characters perfectly! For the love of Gaia, get Squaresoft to just pay you to write the sequel, dammit! _
MadMaz chapter 6 . 11/17/2003
AH so cute i loved it!

This is (and i mean this) the best and my favourite ff9 story of all_.

i think u got Zidanes and Garnets personalitys

perfect. and i love how Zidanes a real smart-arse

to that gerk peter such a great story i loved it.

the surronding's were perfectly described(not to over praise you)but i love this story exellent job

i'll look forward to more of your work. keep up the good work _ MadMaz