Reviews for This Is Not My Life
mrsamandaclairecullen chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
I'm still addicted, can't wait for more Edward, I hope he kicks James' ass when they are rescued!
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
Bella needs to learn to gum the meds. That way they are still hidden and she can save what she has and put it in James food. I hate to say I feel sorry for James, but knowing what he went through has a child explains why he is the way he is. The sad thing is there are real children who go through that and are tossed away.

I hope you don't plan on dragging the kid napping out to like Day 7 or something. It would get pretty boring fast since we are each chapter only a "part" since you do both POV. It would just be a lot of the same thing each chapter. I'm not telling you how to write by any means, just stating my view point of what a girl can hope for.

Thank you for updating each week!
gabelle chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
That was hard to read (only because James is so awful...I can't believe he's drugging Bella). They've got to escape soon! I really love this story. It is very intense, but you've written it so well. Love it...keep the updates coming.
evaa shilo chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
update soon!
korinneraylie chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
i so want to turn off james' lights.

i can't wait for them to be rescued.

will it happen soon?

ahaha.

I want some edward and bella lovin'

P
cherieblossum chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
OK, so Thursdays can never come fast enough and have quickly become my favourite day because of your updates. I think I have been watching too much 'Big Love' because when you mentioned the freezer I kept thinking that either Victoria and Abby are in there or at some point Bella will be put in there. Love that you made James impotent, I was hopeing that was where you were going. I love where Bella and Lily are planning their perfect day. I have to wonder if Tanya is going to come back in the picture when she sees coverage of this over the news. In all the fanfics I've read, Lily is my favourite child, your characterization of her is perfect. I really really love your writing. It reminds me of Emancipation Proclomation because like that fic, when you update I find myself reading the chapter really slowly so that I can make it last. Thursday most definitly can not come fast enough!
GreenPuma chapter 8 . 1/21/2010
Wow, this fic is so good! I can't wait for more :)
flecour chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
I think it was a fantastic chapter. I can see where you would think people would get upset, but they already should have had the assumption that their captivity wouldn't all be rainbows and kitten licks. LOL This stuff is going to happen, its actually a lot more tame than I expected. At least she's not being raped..yet. I totally already expected that. Excellent job so far! )
n0 l0nger in use chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
The rate she is going she will be dependent on those drugs very soon.
Solenoidbelle chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
hurry edward, james makes my stomach ache...
newmoonaholic chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
This story is like a fatal car crash: so difficult to witness yet I just can't turn away. I am thoroughly anxious right now and that is a compliment to your descriptive writing. I'm so worried about the drug use and their debilitating effects. Bella's been so strong but at this pace she will break quickly. I hope they can escape while she still has some strength left. Thanks for the update (and the high blood pressure ;)).
EricTheNorthman chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
Great chapter! I am really hoping you update quickly, I just can't wait to read more!
cgc chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
You really shouldn't doubt yourself. I think your plot development is interesting and solid - not too dragging or flighty. I initially thought this story might lose something in the Edward chapters - you know, how much father angsting for daughter can I stand?; but I love the POVs equally and I think they're well matched as far as development goes.

I also thought this chapter would be much, much worse than it was. I don't know if I've just been desensitized to disturbing imagery or what...I was just expecting something worse than what you wrote. There's time enough for that though, I guess. Oh man, getting someone addicted to pain killers makes my skin crawl.

Basically I just think your writing is good enough for you to present some really dark themes and not make it sound cliched or belittling to the reality of a situation like this. Without the lows, the highs wouldn't be as high, right?
sballLuvr5 chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
i can't wait for Bella to turn James' lights off lol. really great chapter, James is a dick. even though he can't get his up hahaha. update soon!

Kristi
Bamabelle91 chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
Great chapter... dark, but not nearly as dark as I feared it would be. While sad, I understand that the violence is a necessary part of the plot.

I'm grateful that Bella wasn't raped. But, as difficult as that would be, I could understand it's importance to the plot. However, I know that I couldn't continue to read a fic describing abuse of a child. Since I enjoy this story so much, I sincerely hope you won't go there.

I know you mentioned in an a/n once that you thought about combining the two parts. I could see why that would get to be too long and delay the updates. But, have you given any thought to doing multiple chapters in B's POV and then one chapter of what had been going on with E and family's search? As much as I want both sides of the story, I'll admit to being far more interested in the details of B and L's experience over the others. Anyway, just a thought.

I really like your once a week (ie regular) update schedule. I belong to a group of avid FF readers and would love to rec your story... my only reservation comes from not knowing how dark it will get. I think it's safe to say that most of the gals I talk to would love the angst, but child abuse (especially sexual) would be a deal killer for about 99.99% of them.

Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
17,497 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,117 1,124 1,125 1,126 1127 1,128 1,129 1,130 1,137 .. Last Next »