Reviews for This Is Not My Life
flecour chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
I think it was a fantastic chapter. I can see where you would think people would get upset, but they already should have had the assumption that their captivity wouldn't all be rainbows and kitten licks. LOL This stuff is going to happen, its actually a lot more tame than I expected. At least she's not being raped..yet. I totally already expected that. Excellent job so far! )
n0 l0nger in use chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
The rate she is going she will be dependent on those drugs very soon.
Solenoidbelle chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
hurry edward, james makes my stomach ache...
newmoonaholic chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
This story is like a fatal car crash: so difficult to witness yet I just can't turn away. I am thoroughly anxious right now and that is a compliment to your descriptive writing. I'm so worried about the drug use and their debilitating effects. Bella's been so strong but at this pace she will break quickly. I hope they can escape while she still has some strength left. Thanks for the update (and the high blood pressure ;)).
EricTheNorthman chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
Great chapter! I am really hoping you update quickly, I just can't wait to read more!
cgc chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
You really shouldn't doubt yourself. I think your plot development is interesting and solid - not too dragging or flighty. I initially thought this story might lose something in the Edward chapters - you know, how much father angsting for daughter can I stand?; but I love the POVs equally and I think they're well matched as far as development goes.

I also thought this chapter would be much, much worse than it was. I don't know if I've just been desensitized to disturbing imagery or what...I was just expecting something worse than what you wrote. There's time enough for that though, I guess. Oh man, getting someone addicted to pain killers makes my skin crawl.

Basically I just think your writing is good enough for you to present some really dark themes and not make it sound cliched or belittling to the reality of a situation like this. Without the lows, the highs wouldn't be as high, right?
sballLuvr5 chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
i can't wait for Bella to turn James' lights off lol. really great chapter, James is a dick. even though he can't get his up hahaha. update soon!

Kristi
Bamabelle91 chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
Great chapter... dark, but not nearly as dark as I feared it would be. While sad, I understand that the violence is a necessary part of the plot.

I'm grateful that Bella wasn't raped. But, as difficult as that would be, I could understand it's importance to the plot. However, I know that I couldn't continue to read a fic describing abuse of a child. Since I enjoy this story so much, I sincerely hope you won't go there.

I know you mentioned in an a/n once that you thought about combining the two parts. I could see why that would get to be too long and delay the updates. But, have you given any thought to doing multiple chapters in B's POV and then one chapter of what had been going on with E and family's search? As much as I want both sides of the story, I'll admit to being far more interested in the details of B and L's experience over the others. Anyway, just a thought.

I really like your once a week (ie regular) update schedule. I belong to a group of avid FF readers and would love to rec your story... my only reservation comes from not knowing how dark it will get. I think it's safe to say that most of the gals I talk to would love the angst, but child abuse (especially sexual) would be a deal killer for about 99.99% of them.

Keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Paco1230 chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
Wow - that was just awesome! I love how realistic it is even though it is very hard reading it. The way James completely turns into a somewhat "nice" person when he looks at Lily is such a relief. I don't think I could handle him hurting her. Bella is being amazing. The strength she has is outstanding. This is such an awesome story! can't wait for next update!
tracieo chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
wow! that was dark, but I love the hopeful Bella and the strong smart Lily. So hoping something happens for them soon - and hope they let Emmett turn out James' lights -
lobsters4ever1 chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
This is so amazing and intense. My heart is breaking for Edward and I so hope that Bella is able to find a way out soon!
NoVerbalFilter chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
I'm rarely a repeat reviewer - but I think you're doing SUCH a good job with this story! I really look forward to each weeks update. Thanks for writing it!
saraamin chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
goddess! What a story punishing her, starving and feeding her black pills... Shit!

I really hope Edward will rescue her, i hope they will make it before B breaks down... Which she is getting to day by day...

Oh i keep thinking that without Bella Lily would go under and the other way with Bella... Oh i am so glad that she plans a life after this fucked up shit... Therapy... That prt broke my heart.

Thank you cant wait till next time.
Melee03 chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
James is so sick! Bella is so being so strong for Lily and trying to keep things as light as they can be in that situation. I love their nightly talks.
babylopez2008 chapter 9 . 1/21/2010
Hee hee... seems like SOMEONE needs to see a doctor for more than "mental" problems. Ha sucks for him, or not... omg too early to think like that.

Aww poor Bella and Lily!

Ouch.
17,520 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,119 1,126 1,127 1,128 1129 1,130 1,131 1,132 1,139 .. Last Next »