Reviews for This Is Not My Life
becky85 chapter 5 . 1/4/2010
Poor lily and bella :(
Mahitabelle chapter 6 . 1/4/2010
You've got me hooked. Can't wait for an update.
cgc chapter 6 . 1/4/2010
The complete agony Edward is in is carried so well through this chapter. You've written it so beautifully; just, that image of a grown man crying in his mother's arms. Ugh, well done. I'm feeling completely empathetic and excited and horrified about what's to come.
songster chapter 5 . 1/4/2010
Ok, first things first, chapter was descriptive and furthered the action nicely. I particularly like the way you are currently using alternate POV's in describing the action without making it seem repetitive. I know some people whine about it, but I enjoy the peek into the charcters minds which is really the whole reason I read this stuff anyway. So now I'm wondering if maybe Vicki and Abigail ran away with some other guy and that unhinged him. Either that, or he did kill them and his psyche is protecting him from that by creating an alternate scenario. Either way, he is srsly psychotic and very dangerous, unpredictable. At this point I think Bella is doing the only thing possible. Any other choice would be too risky. Hopefully the professionals will get their act together and solve this crime sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, I don't have a great deal of confidence in that. The good thing though is the Amber Alert, a great tool in kidnapping cases. Looking forward to the next chapter and then I think I will be caught up.

Next, thanks for the teaser and sorry for my need for author's names, but am hopeless with searching any other way so if you would so kindly give me author's names I would be grateful.

OMG, have you seen the profile page for nobloodnofoul. People have srsly fucked with her which is so sad. It never ceases to amaze me about the thoughtlessness of people. I am twice your age, but am awestruck by the amazing talent out here and it's free. I am currently reading at work. EBT would tell you that I am a supervisor in Juvenile Services in a state that shall be nameless and was a probation officer for many years in a high school. I am in front of the computer all day long with no kids to supervise and bored out of my tiny mind. I am all kinds of happy to have stuff to read and constantly pray to the gods that they don't block FF or I will lose my mind. When I see an author who has been stressed out by flameage or just lame ass reviews, it pisses me off. I have never sent a negative review. I have kindly said things like Wow, you are a brave person, etc. Nothing else, and it irritates me to think that others are so crass that they do. I am like srsly just stop reading if you don't like it. I have stopped reading a story by a well respected author at chapter 5 or so because I just hated what she was doing with it. It was BD that was so dark, I could not find a single redeeming characteristic. So I just very kindly said that I thought whe was a wonderful writer and would definitely read other things from her, I just couldn't handle the unrelieved heartfail and wished her luck. I had to help talk Nightshade (Racket Ghost) off the ledge after a really personal attack by some dumbass who hadn't even read the whole story just the chapter she reviewed.

Ok, rant over. If you have contact with that author please tell her that there a plenty of readers like me out there and please just delete the assholes.
becky85 chapter 3 . 1/4/2010
Edwardsbloodtype recommended this fic, and I'm really pleased I decided to give it a go! Loving the recs at the bottom even if the only one I havnt read is master of the universe but it's been put in "to read" box!
becky85 chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Oh!
StormLondon chapter 6 . 1/4/2010
Loved this chapter! Seriously upset at the prospect of Lily and/or Bella being drugged though... Looking forward to the update!
songster chapter 4 . 1/4/2010
Well, the reads like good crime fiction. Straight out of case work on domestic violence. I am guessing crazy man probably killed wife and daughter in a fit of rage and has completely come unhinged and is now trying to replace them with similar looking people. Good stuff. Edward is having a classic panic attack, poor guy. No matter how strong you are, it is an awful feeling to have no control whatsoever and it is exponentially worse when your child is in the crosshairs.
songster chapter 3 . 1/4/2010
I enjoyed the BPOV. It definitely helped to know the kind of person she is and sets up her interaction with Edward and Lily and probably tells us how she will respond to threat. Something tells me she will be more worried about Lily than herself. I see Renee is still shallow Mom. Never could really understand why canon Bella was so fond of her except for the fact that she was her mother. Anyways, whenever I hear the word wedding planner, I think of J Lo or that crazy comedian from Saturday Night Live that played the wedding planner for Father of the Bride. Sounds like Bella is well rid of Jacob and has hopefully developed a backbone which it sounds like she will need.

Fic recs, yay. Can you tell me who writes them? I am already reading High Anxiety. I just love OCD-ward.
cgc chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
I'm already madly in live with your Bella and Lily. I also occasionally became a giggle monster when I was a little girl :)
songster chapter 2 . 1/4/2010
Again, nice background. Edward sounds like a good committed Dad, and didn't take the easy way out, although his daughter does share DNA with the ever skanktastic Tanya. That's a mighty scary thought. Let's hope nurture beats out that part of her nature. We apparently have the same fic taste as I am reading all of the ones you recc'd except Shadowboxer. Who writes it? I usually search under author because it's way easier than story title which tends to produce way too many strange possibilities.
songster chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
Ruh, roh. This is a good beginning and a very different kind of story, it seems. Stringy blonde hair is never a good thing, fashion mistake and clearly points to antisocial behavior! I got a good laugh out of the lips smelling like cherries. that was the statement at the bottom of the computer screen and before I scrolled down, I was like how the hell can smell lips unless you are very very close. Scrolled down and thought, yeah, this chick gets it! By the way, you can blame your fic friend Sandyk199. You have been recc'd.
fuzzylemon chapter 6 . 1/4/2010
I love it! It's interesting and original. Just awesome. I have one request though, for you rec's could you put the author there too. It's kinda hard to find some of them without the author. Thanks. I'm looking forward to the next update.
EmersonReadClosedAcct chapter 6 . 1/4/2010
I just couldn't imagine being in Edward's or Charlie's shoes. Id think it would be worse for Charlie, knowing James could attack Bella.

I'm so hooked. Look forward to the next installment.
EmersonReadClosedAcct chapter 2 . 1/4/2010
Tanya is scary, but its worse to know that there are really women out there that are like that. Tanya's only redeeming qualities appear to be that she knew she'd be an awful mom and thus, signing over parental rights to Edward giving him his wishes...albeit at an exhaustive price.

I can see Alice and Esme spoiling Lily to pieces. ;)

PS good recs! Shadowboxer by nobloodnofoul is one of my absolute favs!
17,500 | « Prev Page 1 .. 1,145 1,152 1,153 1,154 1155 1,156 1,157 1,158 1,165 .. Last Next »