Reviews for Holding Out For a Hero
I almost cried. Why do they all treat Puck like the villain! I kept wondering why he was the bad guy and she was the angel! I'll tell you why! No one knew about Noah's fucked up life! No one cared about his life! Everyone knew Quins after the baby and they felt bad for her. They hurt Puck because he put her through that cause he was a part of a bad choice! *-*
ChristabelRosie chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
This is amazing! I love how you incorporated most of the characters - the old ones anyway.
Will you still be writing glee fics?
Calli Wall chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
beautiful and heartbreaking
Q chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
Perfect. This is exactly what I wish Puck's character to be in the show. He knows he makes bad decisions, but he's at least trying to do the right thing. And I always love Puck and Quinn together, so the fact that he's fighting to be a better person for her and his baby girl makes me a happy pappy person.

But aside from the fact that I loved this little study of Puck, I kind of hate that everyone seemed to be against him, what with the hurting him and all. I just think it's not really their business, I mean, they're good friends for actually caring about them, but still.. And I get that Puck really screwed his friendship with Finn over, but Finn's been going behind his girlfriend's back for a while now. They've all been in the wrong here.

But still, I loved the way they went to Puck, each in their own way. Wonderfully written!
ali chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
a lovely character study of puck.
LunaMystik chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
It took two to tango and make his baby girl. He’s tired of Quinn getting all the love while he gets all the hate.

I agree with that line, but that isn't what this fic was really about. It was a wonderful character study of Puck.
sierrastarlight chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Perfect.

Beautifully written, everyone was in character.

Just perfect.
AHigherOctave chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Ah, how can you leave it here? It's just not fair. I need to know what happens.

So, yeah, you basically brought me back to loving Puck again with how mad I was at him after Hairography. And I love that you made Quinn live with Rachel because that's my ideal situation about what's going to happen after Finn learns it's Puck's baby. And I loved the characterization of Artie. XD I can so see him hurting Puck and immediately feeling guilty. I think my favorite part was Tina handing him the slushie, because I just drove so much home for me. Wow.

You should do a Quinn-sided piece on this too. She must have gone through a lot, between everyone knowing and being in the hospital...going to live with Rachel. And I really, really want to hear the rest of that mix CD and get her reaction to Puck singing True Colors on it.
CAS chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Are you crazy! You can't stop there! That was great, and I feel so sad for Puck having to choose between his girls and his only friend. It was beautiful!
mafalda157 chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Puck introspection, excellent! :D I'm so glad authors like you exist to explain the "secondary" character's inexpicable actions in canon. The whole sexting incident was such a facepalm inducing moment in the show, but now it makes perfect sense, and I'm going to consider all of Puck's feelings and reasons canon so I can keep watching without being annoyed. (And I liked how you had Mercedes take back her crappy lecture to him. It's like you're fixing the Plotholes of Character Derailment, the creators should totally hire you! :P)

I loved the way the Glee kids confronted Puck, especially the scene with Artie. He's just so cute. And of course, with Rachel. I may not ship them, but I can't help but love their interactions. And the part where she answered Quinn's phone made me laugh.

And while I know it made sense to end the fic where you ended it, I have to admit I REALLY wanted to read that scene! I hope your next fic deals with it.

Lastly, I found some typos again...

"and that death scare is scary"

"How much time to I have?"

Well anyway, looking forward to your future glee fics! It's practically the first I thing I want to read after watching an episode. :)
jessirose85 chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Please keep going...it needs to be added to xx
Simply Sarah chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
First, I loved this.

Second, I had so been thinking something so similar to this. I don't know if I'll continue writing it after reading this brilliance, especially since it was quite odd involving a quadraped in all, but it tackled the same idea. There were clear reasons given in Hairography for Quinn's decisions (giving Puck a chance, changing her mind back), but why Puck reverted when he had seemed to be intent on fighting for her has yet to be explored.

This brings me to my third point: I love how you explored recent-Puck in this story. How he reverts out of fear- which is what I think it mostly was too. He knows he messes things up and he knows what he'd be losing when he messes up with Quinn- and thus the self-sabotage.

I like how the story didn't really focus on him changing his mind about that though- learning to be less afraid and trust himself and in the process sort of proposing the idea that he'd always be afraid of both committing to her and of losing her and that he had to dive in anyway. But instead the story seemed to focus more on him being the guy he should be regardless of whether or not he's with her because if he does nothing he's letting his best friend screw up his life for something that isn't his. And it's one thing that he still has a chance at making the right decision at- not screwing up like he has everything else. Maybe not a decision that's as right as it should be given how late it is, but as you had it, making a choice to be the man he wants to be anyway-late being better than never.

I like how people from Glee seem to literally be trying to knock some sense into Puck. And I especially loved how every person's hit (or attempt to hit) fit their characters so flawlessly. It was genius.

Though I did love the focus on Puck and Finn's friendship, I have to admit that I did miss having some Quick (especially since I enjoy yours so much). But despite missing the Quick, I loved the end. It was so absolutely perfect for the story; simple and in the exact right place.

I'm so far past rambling now, I'm going to stop.

I'm sure it's clear by now, but again, I loved the story. I hope you get to write on your next break as well and that your National Novel Writing Month piece is going well/nearing completion.

Have a wonderful weekend:)

Sincerely,

Sarah
Ladybug Jess chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
I really enjoyed this.
KittyGoddess415 chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Beautiful. Thank you for sharing!
Aishuu chapter 1 . 11/27/2009
Fantastic. Very much fits up to the ensemble nature of Glee.