Reviews for A Garment of Brightness
anon chapter 62 . 2/6
Really liked your story; wish you had finished it :(
Scribner's2328 chapter 21 . 8/31/2020
Edward's thoughts and feelings in these chapters have clearly illustrated the truth of why, in S. Meyer's story, Edward was so determined to keep Bella human. It wasn't in either the books or the films (no fault of that author - it was, after all, a book meant for young adults) - the suffering, the despair - of what it was like to be the monster that he believed he was.
Scribner's2328 chapter 18 . 8/31/2020
Thank you for the author's notes for this chapter; I was about to go Googling when I noticed them! The trouble with that is, I get caught up in research and forget why I wanted to know in the first place! ;)
Scribner's2328 chapter 11 . 8/31/2020
Thank you for being respectful and doing the work to be authentic in this chapter and in your author's note. Therese
Scribner's2328 chapter 8 . 8/31/2020
I hope that you are still reading your reviews here. I am always amazed and delighted to discover another talented writer on this site. Thank you for sharing your work so selflessly. I don't usually read uncompleted stories, but your first chapters are so well written, I can't help but continue in the hope that you will finish this at some point. And this one - the raven chapter - has hooked me completely. Few people appreciate the wisdom of non-human animals. Therese
optional-fiend chapter 61 . 8/21/2020
Just realised at the end of c.62 - she is going to weave the garment of brightness 3
optional-fiend chapter 62 . 8/21/2020
Heartbreaking and beautiful.

You are going on alert but even if you never return to this story I am glad to have read as much of it as you have already given.

I may return to it one day for another visit to your characters (all of them are well developed and I particularly like how you have written Alice) once the ache of loss has lessened from not knowing what happens next.

You have truly given your characters and plot depth beyond standard fanfic tropes.

If you are still reading reviews - I wish you all the best, and thank you for sharing your words.
If you are not let this be a recommendation to readers instead - even incomplete this story is worth your time.
AaronD1 chapter 62 . 7/20/2020
Is this supposed to be the end? Are the cullens really dead or...?
was-sticks chapter 61 . 7/18/2020
(couldnt review on the same chapter twice so)

at this point in my life, i no longer want a midnight sun. i just want a complete a garment of brightness. how you truly love and care for this universe, with sensitivity and tact...that’s something meyers can never learn i’m sorry to say for those who adore her. she had a lot of lapses in judgments with her characterization of the quileute, and tackling the dynamics of a relationship that is the CRUX of the series. and yet you unravel it so simply and effectively in 150k words. that is something she can never have, and that you have given us freely and willingly. this is such an experience. i love it.
was-sticks chapter 62 . 7/18/2020
oh god PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE continue. also i might want to marry your writing. it’s almost 6am here from where i am, and this is fucking with my mind deliberately thoroughly and tenderly. how i loathe and love you for this. i just want them to be together...instead i got them for like two chapters and then torn apart once again. but then again the torn apart them hurt so much to the point that i no longer know when it’s supposed to not hurt. all i know is hurt deprivation and yearning from this. and i love every second of it. i hope you continue this. i hope her soul finds his.
Bartkhy chapter 62 . 7/15/2020
I have read this story couple of years past month I ve been craving it today I was simply consumed by this.
How you worked with the canon plot ,how you worked your characters perspectives , real facts and cultural facets , how you have woven this breathtaking tale and made us feel,question and think about it .
Across twilight trope fictions , hardly a handful has given an actual perspective of a Bella's character. Sometimes she 's so good,kind and oh so loving;At times shes a true feminist ,with heart of gold and fist of among many other versions of Bella hardly more than dozen actually shows us how and are many versions not only of Bellas, and Edwards, and any other characters.
Nothing is perfect as the saying goes,but its perfect how you gave us freedom to make our own thoughts about how good or bad they were said to be.I especially loved how explored Bella, her beliefs ,personally ,reactions are rarely explained , the way she thinks through and works her emotions and ideas, its quite endearing for a reader.
I am most likely rambling of , most likely because I pulled an all-nighter just because I coudn't wait to know what became of them,even though I remember how confused and a bit angry I was after the first round of reading man, your story still holds no punches. At times naive, at times candid and raw ,with so many wonderful bits and pieces where I simply fell in with the characters thoughts and felt so tender and so gruel almost at the same time.
At the moment I am too sleepy to write uo a throughtout review, for whiche I am sorry cause ,you are a gem and this story needs to be discussed.
Thank you for pulling through , thank you for thinking through from the scene-to-scene parts to the overall story was beautiful .
Whatever happens, I am very happy to have been able to read this one to my hearts and minds whatever happens I am sure everyone who is thinking of this story and thinoing of you , hopes that you are whatever hardships and rough times you have been through , you are doing okay and you will be okay.
With love and encouragemnts from the whole fan-nation , we thank you and with you all the best.
Guest chapter 62 . 7/14/2020
I can't believe you've abandoned this. How disappointing.
Fire Of The Stars chapter 62 . 7/2/2020
Jesus. I feel ill equipped to even review this story. I devoured it in one day. Stunning. Stunning and devastating and brilliant.
Stronger than you since 1915 chapter 62 . 5/24/2020
I just can’t figure out how to put into words how perfect this story is. The only negative is that there isn’t more. It’s been so many years since you updated and you probably won’t ever again. You might not even see this. I wish you would. Something that always bothered me about Twilight was how little Meyer focused on the small details. I loved the way you incorporated history, culture, and the geography of the land. Meyer didn’t do that and missed out on creating a rich, fleshed out universe. I can honestly say your story feels more like twilight than the actual book. I feel such... sorrow? That I have no more to read and don’t know how their story will end. I’m sure you’ve moved on from this story and don’t ever plan to return. You spent so long creating what you did but I understand that sometimes you just move on. One day I know I’ll read this again, just to revisit, and I’m sure I’ll be just as entranced. You write so beautifully and the amount of research and care and detail that you put into each chapter just makes me so happy that I stumbled upon it. Thank you for your creation.
Michelle Law chapter 62 . 4/30/2020
Wow! This is so creative. I wish you had finished it, but what you have wrought is a small sparkling jewel. Kudos.
3,728 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »