Reviews for A Garment of Brightness
yagalinus0420 chapter 62 . 2/24
Oh my word...are they really dead? Please tell me they lived! I so need more!
Anna chapter 23 . 2/5
I love the story, the Bella/Edward is perfect. Alice and Bellas future friendship is sweet. Rose seems in cannon, Jasper and Carlisle as well... so I cant figure out why Emmit has either a thick Irish brogue or is a little retarded. why is he saying "ye " and "less'n" and reckn? I'm truly baffled. Was there an authors note that I missed explaining this?
gpoy chapter 1 . 1/31
Hi,

I am a 26-year-old law student from London. I am writing a love letter to you because I wanted you to know how much I enjoyed reading this.

It's the 31 January 2015. It's been a year since you posted a chapter but there's still a chance that you're not quite finished with this, so here we go…

To be honest, I had this story bookmarked for a long time. I seem to remember that I started reading it once, maybe twice and then… maybe other things got in the way. Maybe I was too impatient for the sudden changes in point of view. Maybe I couldn't be bothered to figure out what was going on in the nature scenes so I closed the tab and forgot about it. I never made it past chapter 12 or 13.

Honestly, that was my loss. Or maybe it wasn't. This is not a story for racing through to get to the instant gratification. It's not a story that you can get through with minimal emotional commitment. I couldn't just sit back and passively accept.

I gave up on this story before because I wasn't in the mental space where I was prepared to give the time and effort and on some level I knew that you, the writer, wasn't prepared to compromise on the reader's attention. This writing asks for a level of involvement from the reader. It's the kind of story that coaxes you to slow down, look around and rewards you for doing it.

The best kind.

I feel now that I couldn't have read this story three or four years ago because I was too immature. I would not have appreciated the depth and complexity of the images. I would not have been able to connect with the emotions (especially the ones you give to Edward.) I would have rankled at some of the murderous impulses exhibited by the Cullen family. I wouldn't have understood the confusion of the whole situation.

I probably still can't fully appreciate everything going on in this story. I hope I will come back to it in another 5 years and find a dozen more layers. I realise now that A Garment of Brightness is perfect.

I felt like these past few chapters were a turning point in the story. The themes started coming together. One of the themes that I adored was the salmon. I loved now you picked up the thread of the salmon again here. The description of them earlier in the story was so beautiful and the reflection of the salmon struggling to breathe with the description of the tubes and the tracheostomy…

Every twist in this story is surprising and elegant. Your language is so subtle, but it evokes such intense emotions. What's more, the emotions are often the ones I recognise in myself but haven't been able to vocalise. I haven't been able to race through this story impatiently because I've had to stop so many times and just breathe and imagine and think "Wow, yes that it exactly how I have felt."

Since the first chapter, the main thing I have felt is an overwhelming longing. I long for some kind of resolution, but at the same time, the longing feeling is so lovely.

This one will stay with me.

Thank you so much.
stephi910 chapter 62 . 12/30/2014
just found this story...was really enjoying it, but def didn't expect it to take the turn that it did...really hoping to see more of it, tho it looks like it's been a while since it's been updated...if you're not going to finish, do you mind letting me know how u envisioned it ending? it's killing me not knowing! ;)
Clarine chapter 62 . 11/15/2014
Magnifique écriture pour une variation poétique et magique de cet amour au delà/en dehors du temps.
Après bientôt un an sans mise à jour, je ne peux qu'espérer que vous n'avez pas abandonné votre histoire mais je comprends aussi que la vie apporte parfois des événements rendent la poursuite des choses passées futiles ou inconcevables...
Quoi que vous ayez décidé, quoi que vous fassiez ou puissiez faire, je vous remercie des merveilleuses heures de lecture que, déjà, vous m'avez offertes.
Perturbed chapter 62 . 11/12/2014
And also, do your yourself a favour and start using tags that are actually relevant to the story. Angst would have been an accurate tag, not romance.
Perturbed chapter 58 . 11/12/2014
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read
BeyondSanity12 chapter 62 . 11/2/2014
The Cullens are alive. They have to be.

Right?
Lvstwilghttoo chapter 40 . 10/20/2014
Have spent most of my day reading your story. What an amazing take on the first book. It feels as though I am actually there... You have a wonderful talent! Hope to finish yr postings tomorrow.
Ellie Aluinn chapter 62 . 10/17/2014
I've spent the last two days and a whole night rereading this tale. So bear with my sleep deprived mind and full but churning heart when I plead with you to update soon . . .
Xo
cela chapter 27 . 10/15/2014
if Rosalie gets her way and kills bella, then she is no better than Royce king and his friends.
thepinktabby chapter 39 . 10/10/2014
*sniffle sniffle* Still... OMG. The song that is playing as I was reading this was, "I knew you were trouble" by taylor swift. Oh Mah Gawd... My cat is currently debating on weather or not to ignore the sniffling crying human and just to continue with her nap. She's blinking at me from her perch. lol
thepinktabby chapter 37 . 10/10/2014
ARRRRGGGHHH! *flails! ...noooo... *sniffles sniffle* ... no... *whimpers* Jasper cannot just kill her...

In other words, wow. I love this story. Thanks for what ya have so far I'm only on chapter 37 and it's utterly brilliant. It also doesn't help that the song "Say Something" by A Great Big World is playing in the back ground. :D As someone I used to know, on wards and upwards...time to keep reading. :D
TC chapter 62 . 9/18/2014
Please please update?!
Changedbyreading chapter 62 . 9/10/2014
I don't know how I missed this chapter. Amazing. I was wondering what would happen. Is there more to come? It seems like this could be the end, but it also could be the set up for more.
3,601 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »