Reviews for A Garment of Brightness
HeathersTwilight chapter 21 . 5/20/2010
keep it coming
huntergatherer chapter 21 . 5/19/2010
Can't leave a long review today due to the late hour, but you have my thoughts swirling. Your writing is beautiful and mysterious.
LadyExcalibur2010 chapter 21 . 5/19/2010
Charlie's memory was so very poignant. It's funny what you remember, those small moments become so important many years later. The big moments never seem to be quite as sharp in our memories as those little moments that make up the fabric of our lives. Beautifully written. As always.
Raewright chapter 21 . 5/19/2010
No magic potion from me. I'm sorry! You are doing very well on your own!
Hespera2 chapter 20 . 4/29/2010
What a beautiful chapter! It's just as lovely and intricate as Edward's paper flower with the recipe for Chinese cold medicine. BTW, I also adored the previous chapter written from the trees' perspectives.
huntergatherer chapter 20 . 4/28/2010
Hello! I just read your story this evening and wanted to tell you how perfectly magical your writing is. The descriptions are just lovely and evocative.
Raewright chapter 20 . 4/28/2010
Prettiest chapter I've ever read about having a cold!

I love that Edward is still a person of his original time period.
LadyExcalibur2010 chapter 20 . 4/28/2010
Oh beautifully done. There's nothing like a little unexpected pampering when you're sick! :)
azizah chapter 19 . 4/24/2010
Sorry, never meant to take this long

Edward is still hunting her, even though he might think it is something else. I do feel sorry for him, a day in the life of a typical teenage girl, ugh. What is he being punished for? But a perfect characterization of the teenage Jessica type. Great job.

The words of that poem are beautiful, I will have to check it out.

…the land I had lost with my childhood…

like Edward’s lost humanity.

Chapter 19

Feel like you’re being watched even when you’re all alone? Welcome to the world of miaokuancha (still ratna to me) where everything lives and breathes. Seriously, I do love this about your writing. You have a talent for making people and things transcend form, not all as obvious as this of course.

And this

He has folded himself close to the ground, become a bud again, compact and hard and unborn

I have to say the word unborn is brilliantly perfect (perfectly brilliant?) here.

hard and unborn, but maybe about to be reborn?

Beautiful as always.

michellecampa chapter 17 . 4/23/2010
I like the different twist its so so... I dont know but I love this verson of twilight its a wonderful addition to my fav's I love reading it. Good job I CANT wait to read more!
Raewright chapter 19 . 4/9/2010
What a unique and beautifully written point of view!
JordiNicole11 chapter 18 . 4/8/2010
Wow! another great chapter :] The poem you added was fantastic and created more depth... it was great how you worked in Edward's own thoughts around and into the poem. I cant wait for the next chapter! Amazing details too! Youre a great writer :]
LadyExcalibur2010 chapter 18 . 4/8/2010
Beautiful poem and a lovely chapter. It's always interesting to see how two different people can interpret the same events and come up with something completely different! As always, I commend you on your characterization of Bella, who is vastly preferable in your universe, LOL!
azizah chapter 17 . 4/7/2010
I read this twice so I could come up with something other than wow to say. But I am stuck. Uh, wow. duh!

“The image flickers past in a flash, dim and uncertain, shaded in umbers, as if some old daguerreotype. It's impossible. A mistake. An illusion. There is no way that it can be true. And still I am jealous. Why does Alice get to see a vision of such sweet affection, when all that I can see – and feel and taste and smell – is my teeth making carnage of a tender throat, and Bella's lifeblood pulsing into my eager mouth? It's not fair.”

This is just a beautiful paragraph, and really, what I have been waiting for. Just a little start, maybe. This is where I was not convinced in the original.

Your Edward is less human, which is what I am so enjoying in this story. Oh, he understands beauty and family, he has a conscience, but no human heart beneath that perfect exterior. What will it take to change that?

Chapter 17

“The blush that rose there was the exact color of Bella's cheeks right now.

"Edward! Pay attention!"

" F- !"

I have never said that word before.

My foot transfers from the accelerator to the brake barely in time to bring the car back to a speed at which it can just make the turn ahead without careening into the woods. The tires scream against the wet asphalt, and for a moment I truly fear that I will wreck this fine machine. Behind us in the jeep, Emmett lets out an entirely unnecessary war whoop, as we in the Volvo skid on the razor's edge of complete loss of control. Emmett and Rosalie fly past us, Emmett's fist and middle finger raised in an utterly puerile gesture, as I grind to a stop on the shoulder, choking on gouts of venom.”

Long quote I know, but the beginning and the end are important. Edward is losing his control in more ways than one. And your Emmett makes me laugh.
Scared-Like-Me chapter 17 . 3/29/2010
Ohh, Edward is a stalker...again...jeez. But he loves her..or he will, o whatever.

I loved it, the way ou write edwards mind is beter than SM coudl do herself..and he's her character...

Update soon please...