Reviews for Cullin' of the Fold
Seth22 chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
That was pretty good.
Cecilius chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Brilliant. Bloody brilliant. I especially admire the way you took a horrible situation and made it hilarious. Kudos.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Hahahahhaa this was SO AWESOME xD
Jan. McNeville chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Considering the demographic that enjoys Redwall is just behind the one that enjoys Twilight in age, I think you've created the perfect inoculation-fic to warn innocent young rodent-fantasy fans against the horror that is that anti-woman, anti-logic mess.

And then, to sell them on The Decemberists while you're at it? I like the way your mind works! Let us all gleefully hope for the day when a thousand jaded little sisters whistle Colin Meloy ditties every time their moms or big sisters attempt to put on those monstrous DVDs.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 7/1/2011
Ooh, me like!
ayandsee chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
Not only is this an amusing skewering of stupid Redwall Mary-Sue/vermin romances and of Twilight (not too much difference there), but it led me to look up "Culling of the Fold." One thing led to another, and- well, my point is that it's thanks to this fic that I got into the Decemberists. Thank you for that.

-Ay
Anonymous chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
Vampires sparkle? I dunno. I tried reading the books, but...now that I look at it this way, I'm starting to think that Meyer went insane quarter way through the first book.

Anyway, love the parody. So amusing. Have you ever heard of "Alice Human Sacrifice?" Or "Evil Food Eater Conchita?" Then again, I'm not entirely sure if it's that horrifying on your scale. I think the first one's kind of creepy. Tons of possibilities, considering the first Alice was a blood-crazy maniac and got trapped by the forest, and the second Alice killed himself.
SugahRush chapter 1 . 8/13/2010
Okay people, first of all vampires DO NOT SPARKLE! That is just disturbing, okay? Unicorns, not vampires. SM has some issues. Anyway, I thought it was sad that she got eaten and all. Like, morbid? Which is a bad thing? Although the disfunctional family-style gang was funny. I think I liked this, though. do you plan on writing more?
Mousewolf chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
THANKYOU.

Years and years after I left this fandom in disgust, FINALLY I stumble on the first decent fic EVER! And with a reference to one of my favourite songs, no less! Seriously, I would bake RL cookies for you, just for this.
DuskyRowan chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Hmm, I found this a very pleasantly refreshing fic. It's quite rare that you ever come across a good one, and I was quite glad I found this. Having read Twilight before it became popular, and now that I can see the blatent Sueishness of it all, I'm tempted to write something like this myself. Thank you for giving me some relief - I hope I can read more soon enough?

Your latest watcher,

DFoD.
Gijinka Renamon chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
(Claps) Bravo bravo!

I personally don't get the big deal with the whole Twilight craze is, especially the whole "Sparkly Vampire" thing. That's NOT how the mythos WORKS people! (Sighs and shakes head) Goddamned tweenies...

In any case, I like how you sporked not only Twilight (...by using another, MUCH better book series...), but the concept of Mary Sues itself. And stuff like that really turns me off a series - or fic, for that matter, but then that's what the PPC'S for, right? I'd really like to join up, but I'm not sure how to join up, or if you need to really know a series back-to-front to be able to be a part of it.

Anyway, nice work, and keep on writing!
Rilwen-Shadowflame chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
*snickers* Very nice. Clever ferret.
Oreramar chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Die, Twilight Sues!

Including the Canon ones.

I found this very entertaining, but I hope to goodness that they don't catch anything...bad...from eating a Sue. Especially the babies. Vermin they may be, but somehow, I don't mind these so much. Petula sort of asked for it by being so annoying.

Petula Petulant?

I caught the other references in her name to the Sue - I mean, main character/narrator - of THOSE books.

Why Eyeshine, though?
Lady Storm chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Anonymous reviews allowed, really? I had to log in to review. You might want to check that.

Otherwise, this was pretty good. ("“I’ll wait!” she called plaintively" was a funny picture.) I was curious as to how you'd make fun of Twilight because I hate that abomination to literature. It was very subtle but enjoyable nonetheless. Good ending, I definitely wasn't expecting that. And I find it morbidly amusing that they're petrified of raping her but find nothing wrong with eating her. (I'm not sure which would be worse, but at least in one you're usually alive afterwards.)

Anyway. Good story.