Reviews for Spot's Story
Sugar chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
I-I don't even know what to say. I'm just...in awe of how good this was. It explained everything about Spot so perfectly, painting him as more than just the good-looking leader of Brooklyn but as some sort of mystic entity who may or may not be just a tad insane...All in all, this was absolute perfection! LOVED it! :)
Macavroche chapter 1 . 5/26/2012
Epic. Mind-boggling. Hilarious. I think I just read the entire thing and only came away with one sentence. The one that sunk in the most.

Spot Conlon is boss.
Rosebud5 chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I am not a Spot fan-girl. Jack is my Newsie lover and I adore him with all my heart and soul.

Just like I adore this story.

Hehehe gotcha? Maybe? No? Okay. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I loved this soooooooo much. The voice and style you used was beyond brilliant and made me chuckle numerous times. It really makes me want to write about my Jacky's rise to fame... And never fear...if I do I shall shameless-plug your marvelous story. Because this is the first Spot-centric fic I've allowed myself to read and I loved it. Nuff said.

Carry the banner,

Rosey
Hyperbanana16 chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
Wow this is really good! It sounds like how my cousin and I dissect our fab characters to find out their backgrounds and reasons. My favorite part was the ship it was really creative. I really hate spot/race though so I just thought of it as a friendship thing. Once aging really good story :)
Ed McMayonnaise chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
This is going to be a seriously unhelpful review but basically I adore this story like you WOULD NOT BELIEVE, and I'm still just struck dumb by it. It's glorious.
talk-ape chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
AWESOME!

this fic is kickass
escapedreality chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
This is completely epic. I love it. It written wonderfully (which many fics can't say) and theideas are well thought out. Spot is done to a T and all the stories are creative and just plain funny. this is what a good fic should be. And though I don't endorse slash or hinting at it I take the Spot/Race as friendship and move on.

Because this was amazing.

-EscapedReality
NYNA chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
This story could win the NYNA. The New York Newsies Awards! Have someone nominate you or even nominate you self. Good Luck! Visit wix newsies/nyna!
xkookypandax chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
The prose may have been 'weird' but I liked it. I really liked it. Especially the asides. It actually does give you alot the think about, which is almost silly and pointless since there really IS no answer. Interesting.

I loved the whole idea and everything. Very clever. I love Drunk!Spot and how he got the key. And how he IS Brooklyn. Which is more or less true.

Very good. I loved it.
Samantha chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Interesting style. But more like a newsie himself would tell it..
unoriginal-elizabeth chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Yay! This was really fun and interesting, pretty much like Spot himself :) I really enjoyed it, and I loved Spot and Race's first encounter, and these lines in particular -

Real life is getting to know somebody in peripheral vision. Becoming more and more aware of someone’s existence without even realizing you’re doing so. Until you can pick them out of a crowd (or a police lineup) and spout off basic information and more obscure facts about them without even knowing you know them.
X-Scree Scree-X chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Oh wow. That's all I can say. This story made me gasp in shock and laugh out loud. I LOVED IT! Lol, he took a joy ride on a boat! Gosh, I can see Spot doing that. You captured him PERFECTLY. I mean really, it was great! Thanks so much for putting it up because it really adds some perspective to what Spot really acts like! You're a writing genius, so expect to see more of my reviews up, and I'm going to tell a bunch of my friends!

~Scree