Reviews for Alone Again, Naturally
white pedal chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Wow, poor guy:(

His relationships must have failed because he didn't communicate with his previous wives.

I'm pretty sure his first fiance saw that he would never love her the way he loved Serenity so she left him before they end up with a life of misery together with a devastating divorce.

The second wife disgusted me and Duke did the right thing to divorce her. He may have not been able to love at that point but his second wife was a horrible human being for using him for his money and he knows that is not love and she is selfish.

And Annie was right, him living in the past and not letting go is ruining his relationships.

I absolutely LOVE Ardentshipping (Tristan and Serenity are the sweetest couple and I think they are canon) but it's really sad that Duke still harbors feelings for Serenity even though she is married and has children.

I hope that Duke will find a woman who will make him appy and get Lady Luck back on his side.

I pair him with Vivian Wong.

Great story:)
MoonlightTyger chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
Well, when I discovered this story, I was actually intending to read some of your CC fics (I've been on an FF7 kick lately; Zack and Sephiroth are my absolute favorites and you write them so well!), but whilst scrolling down toward them...lo and behold, this caught my attention instead!

I've never actually given much thought to Duke Devlin; I do like the character, but there's always been others I've liked more. However, I've always enjoyed a good "after-the-fact" fic (for lack of a better description), and the title/summary of this one really grabbed me. I was not disappointed in the least.

Like with your Rex drabble, one of the things I really liked about this fic was how, for the most part, the emotions in it, and the way everyone's lives turned out, felt very real. Life rarely turns out how we expect it, and you've really captured that essence in this fic - everything flowed very naturally, and all felt very true to the characters. I greatly enjoyed Duke's insights into himself and his relationship to the various people in his life; while some of those observances were rather depressing, it was good he was able to come to terms with everything - that's a big step right there (also really glad he figured out what he did wrong with Annie, and that she wasn't a heartless snot who dumped him for no reason!).

Well, I'll stop talking now XD Anyway, kudos on another job well done - I'm definitely adding this to my favorites, and I'm definitely going to have to check out some of your other YGO fics :D (Expect more reviews from me! :)
Harry2 chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
I know the feeling Duke. You think you have the right one, and then, it turns out that you don't. Maybe someday we BOTH will find the right one.
FireGoddess101 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
aw, Poor Duke! T_T He needs a hug...

-hugs him-
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Wow, poor Duke, reduced to that... The idea of Duke/Téa is intriguing... (but I'm glad she ended up with Seto, though...)

Duke's line about Lady Luck tormenting him was an interesting one, especially when in canon he said something along the lines of "Lady Luck has the hots" for him...

The fact that Duke is no longer a part of Yugi-tachi is just so sad...

But I love the details of Joey going to college and Mai coming back. X3

And yay Manhattan branch of Kaiba Corp! **and possible meetings there!**

LOL at Yami B's furious cry of "Cat!" Ah, it's nice to know that some silliness in Domino hasn't changed...X3

But poor Duke again... such a sad ending...
NortheasternWind chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
;_; Poor Duke! TWO failed marriages, and watching Serenity get married to Tristan and having kids... And getting stood up on his first wedding...

And the bartender is nice I guess he would be used to it.

Hooray for everyone else being happy, but I see what Duke means about being left out. Poor guy...

Pssh, I loved the little bit about Yami and Oreo X3

Annie dumping him at the end was saad... Poor Duke, not being able to let go, which causes other people to not be able to make him happy. It's a good thing this is its own timeline.

Another fine job