Reviews for Shinkokyuu
Aquarius Galuxy chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
Loved this, loved the descriptions and the tension and unspoken words between Neji and Tenten. Can't believe I haven't read this before, I enjoyed it! Thank you for writing and sharing!
Afriel chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
I love the imagery evoked by the setting of the Obon and summer festivals - and how that ties in with the description of Neji in the third last para. Yes, I'm aware the Obon is associated with the dead and water, but the imagery of smouldering fire still bring to mind the same stillness. (not sure if this is deliberate; if it is, I applaud you.)
I like your use of the term pre-censoring. I assume it means something like self-censorship but this sounds so much better - and I like that it's a shade different from the usual portrayals of Tenten as a naturally cheerful girl who attaches herself to Neji for love.
PS. If it helps, remember that stupid people are needed too, if only for smart or at least normal people to be (relatively) smart. I don't really buy that argument, but -shrugs-.
[Reviewed before, but I felt mean for not bothering to login for a signed review when this was quite a good story.]
Afriel chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I love the imagery evoked by the setting of the Obon and summer festivals.
I'm not sure what you mean by the line "she thinks that she has loved him all along not only for what he is, but what he is not- at least what he is not able to admit to himself"? Too many negatives and denials strung tgt and I'm always easily lost .
[Sry abt reviewing anon - too troublesome to login on mobile site.]
Crazycally chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
That was sad but it was also beautiful
KakashiFan chapter 1 . 2/20/2010
I just want to say that you did an excellent job with this one shot. I loved how you incorporated your word of the day! Good job :D