Reviews for A Question of Principle
claraowl chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Thank you, Misty! You've set him back on the right track! Go, girl!
Valechan92 chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
This is totally new to me! I haven't read anything like this about Ash and Misty, it's simply great!

I can see it as a part of an episode of the anime! It's perfect for the two of them *.*

And maybe Misty would really be the only one strong enougn to tell him something like this...
Levi Ackerman chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Hmph. I COULDN'T AGREE MORE.

Something about the stagnancy and redundancy of the last couple seasons (after Misty left basically) annoys me.

I mean he just ditches all his awesome powerful pokemon (and friends) and makes the same old mistakes. It's almost like there's no progress... I liked Pokemon (and Ash) in the Indigo League, and even Johto, but after that it all changed.

And I think you've portrayed it beautifully in this much-required talking-down.

Go Misty!
Aura Master chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
*smirk's* Your right, this fic does suck, big time!...
Zombie chapter 1 . 12/11/2010
Holy fucking shit.

I was just writting a story and you pretty much nailed one of my scenes but better. You 1 Uped me with out knowing. O_O

Really good though.
shiro-wolfman-k chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
You know, I dont know if your stats are true, but I agree that, even when the "new Ash" is more skillful and trains better his pokemon, he is nothing compared to the "first Ash".

Somehow, the series was simplily different whitout Misty to kick his but back to reality.

Nor May, or Dawn have the knowledge or know him that much to know how he is "advancing," In the last episodes that I did catch of the series, Brock did kinda take this role, but the Ash was not the same boy.

In fact they keep doing a circle in his personality and maturity to keep him in the same nivel, at least in the first episodes he showed that like any other boys he could be atracted to girls. (I kinda remember he saying that about a academy girl.) He jealous of the attention misty got from other guys, yes he waws ignorant, (like it should be,) and all the developement of a boy his age, but then, Misty got out and he just dint was the same boy again.

He even got obcesed whit being, Friends and the like, yes, he do but he keep failing and a failing in the bigs leages.

You know, this could be a great story, I know it's a oneshot, but I would love to see a continuation, he going to Misty in person to "regain what he lost, because only her seemed honest enought to say the sad truth to him."

And, I dont hate her for that.

A true friend is the one that told you the truth and kick your ass when you need it.

She was in that moment, being his his more loyal friend.
Me chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Wow, tht was actually an inspiring one-shot!d endin was a lil vague n thot Misty should've said d last words, but all in all, it was really , I would b a lil upset tht ther wasn't any fluff or stuff, but this side of Misty n givin advice n criticizin his trainin is wat I miss bout Misty in d new DP eps.I kinda also agree wid how Ash hadnt actually made any , awesome fic!c ya n thx -
Chels chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Hehe, I'm at school now, so I'm not going to log in. XD In other news, I finally got around to reading this fanfic. W00t!

okay, now onto the story. This was not one of your best, but it was still good. I couldn't really see anybody else being able to say anything like that to Ash.
AshK1980 chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
Nice start on what looks to be a great story!

Sincerely,

AshK
thatperson3 chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
wow. this is what i'v been thinking almost even time iu watched the show sense after the organ islands.

good job.
storymaster chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
you should add some chapters as how ash reacts to this and treats his pokemon
pikagurl23 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Great little one shot here. I really enjoying and appreciated the fact that Misty can tell Ash how it is and isn't afraid of hurting his feelings too badly. I feel, at this point, Brock and Misty are the only ones who can tell him the truth to his face, especially Misty since she can be so blunt and critical of Ash's skills.

But it only goes to show how much she cares, right?

I mean, she wants him to improve and, in order to do that, he needs to hear the truth. So, all in all, I felt that Misty was definitely the right person for the job.

Anyway, great job with this and I'm sure FTEcho will be very pleased!
Jillie Rose chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Yay! Updates and new ones too!

(No, I haven't read Illicit Saints yet. I just got back from Australia yesterday and I'm horrifically jetlagged. So I'm going to sleep, then read it tomorrow. Hooray for common sense.)

ANYWAY.

Where was I? Oh yes, (in the manner of Baptist preacher):

AMEN, sister!

Because SOMEBODY needed to say it, and frankly, you're right, in character she is the only one who would do it. I mean, I know it's because the series needs to go on, but really, in-universe, shouldn't he be better than this yet?

And she's...quite wonderful in this. Perfectly in character for the old Misty we all know and love, with just the right amount of acerbic and the right amount of caring. (She wouldn't be so honest if she didn't care, after all.)

I...have been awake for too long. I'm going to sleep. Will read more tomorrow.
jade destiny chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I like it. It's simple, short, yet detailed. It really showed Ash's thoughts and emotions as well as Misty's. I'm glad you used Misty. She has always been one to be strong and speak her mind, so in this story, she really did... And I agree with it.
FTEcho 4 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Umm... Wow. Well, I figured that you were eventually going to do this, but I hardly expected it so soon! And I'm honestly touched that you'd dedicate something to me, of all people. (If you want to know how I feel, imagine how you'd feel if you wrote a letter to Stephen King, then opened his next novel to find that it was dedicated to you.) I mean, the idea is kind of mine, but I didn't think to write a story about it, so I can hardly say I deserve any credit for it. But enough on that, this is about the story, not me.

Thank you. This is what I was trying to say, when I wrote that little bit of text on my profile, about Ash and his training style compared to Paul's. But you took it and ran with it, didn't you! I need to add a caveat to it, though, that reading this and watching some other episodes with Paul has helped me see. Because Paul isn't amazing, even though he does push his Pokemon to their limits. Because Ash is right, too. When the Pokemon are real, not just bits of code in a game, you DO have to be their friends. You need to push them, harder than Ash usually does, but you have to love them too. If they don't care about you, they won't fight as hard for you. You have to walk a razor's edge between caring too much, like Ash, to push them to their best, and not caring enough, like Paul, to bring out their full potential. So... Ack! Stop opinioning, James, and review!

The story was great, I thought. It was short, of course, but it was supposed to be. Misty was the best person to tell Ash this message, that's true. I thought of her as that person before I read this, while I was thinking about a title. Speaking of which... My titles are terrible! Oh, I really think you could have made a better one. Oh, well, what's done is done.

The bulk of the story, the conversation, was perfect. Good setting for it to happen in, good characterization throughout, everything was great about it.

And... I don't think I should review this. I'm kind of biased towards liking it. But, since I've already wrote it...

James