Reviews for Understanding Alone
whovalista chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Just found this beauty of a story.

Wow.

I had a feeling it was Cho who had died and so wasn't too surprised when it was, but omg, that didn't make it okay. the entire story was absolutely beautiful and just made me get all emotional inside.
don't apologise that it was short, i think thats what made it even better.
Alydia Rackham chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
Sad. :( But good. Very good.
LN8866 chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Stop making me cry! LOL! Great one-shot. Lisbon has so much on her shoulders that she can't show because of her position, but I'm sure she does go home and break down. Her whole life has been pushing down feelings to take care of her brothers and now the team.

I wonder how Jane would react to Lisbon's questions at the end...that would be another great story to be in his head when she asks him.
starsallseemtoweep chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
I just wanted to let you know I was very touched by this paragraph and felt like you were explaining exactly how I feel sometimes but could never put into words. Thank you for that. "Those moments - those little infractions in time that leave you feeling as though you're cold and alone - do they really exist or do we make them up as we go? Are they ever really as horrible as we make them out to be? When the light at the end of our tunnel burns out, the flame no longer flickering in the dark to light our pathway to the sun, are we truly as alone as we feel? Probably not but that never makes the lonliness vanish when you don't tell anyone. If you're standing alone in the dark and you don't reach out then no one can hold your hand. Nobody will know and sometimes that's the best way to deal with things."
mtm chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
A very true description of someone who can't find their way out anymore. It would have been so great to see Lisbon's and Jane's conversation, please? :)
tromana chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Oh that was beautifully tragic, Nell. My goodness, you know how to put in the knife in and twist it. Very unsettling, in a way.

[She'd ask if he blamed her too, if the team did. He'd know.]

Very simple statement, but particularly haunting. Gah!
yaba chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
:( I really liked the descriptions in this one shot, particularly the entire first paragraph. It was gut wrenching to read Lisbon suffering so much but I felt like her reaching out to Jane would empower her somehow. I dont even want to think about Cho ever dying so I will gloss over that lol, but seriously, great writing and although I never want you to be in a bad mood, you should know it brings out very insightful and angst ridden reflection from you. Good Job girl :)

Yana
shepweir always chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I was completely moved by this story. Lisbon and Cho are such great friends and colleagues. I wanted to cry for her desperation. Great idea and well written.
celticgina chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Very powerfully written. but oh no...no more killing Cho!
TexannaRose chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
:( so sad but i loved it!

xxRoasxx
khalek-aeryn chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
*sniff* poor Cho...
Jadestar1981 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Sad, heartwrenchingly so. Very powerful, I could feel Lisbon's despair, guilt and pain.

[If she was drowning in the silence and pitch black alone then no one else could get hurt. Except there are moments when you're in a hole too deep to crawl out of and the world takes joy in adding more dirt to the ever growing pile around you. Covering you with the substance and not even caring that they are burying you alive.]

That lines are so beautiful (in a very sad way) - they express so much despair and pain. Very well-written, despite (or because of) the sadness and angst I really enjoyed reading it.