Reviews for Quake
empire14 chapter 4 . 12/22/2010
Wow, this was a really good story. Not overdone or underdone or whatever just...really good, keep up the good work!
epalladino chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
Looks like an interesting start. I'm looking forward to reading the rest. Two things: I wish you had done something to make us aware that part of this chapter was a flashback. Until I realized that, part of the chapter was confusing at first. Also, I hope these subway tunnels aren't the type with the electrified 'third rail' like in NYC. Poor Don could have been electrocuted. Thanks for the new story, Beth
newgal chapter 4 . 12/6/2009
Another good one from you.
PattyB chapter 4 . 12/3/2009
Loved the last few lines of dialogue between David and Don. "You were supposed

to talk me out of it". Clever and probably very true, the all too sudden way

David became the boss.

It's probably hard on law enforcement people to hunt down and prosecute wrong

doers when they're so likeable, but the law is the law (as we saw in When Worlds

Collide) and rules must be followed or chaos would erupt.

You're doing an excellent job, ALEO. Thanks.
PattyB chapter 3 . 12/3/2009
Doggone if I'm not liking Murphy; Don is too apparently.

Don't know how this all is going to end but whatever, I'm enjoying it

immensely.

How severe was the quake? Widespread? Will the story line expand or will

it focus on Don and Murphy alone?
PattyB chapter 2 . 12/3/2009
Whee, I have two more chapters to read after this one.

You wrote Don's broken up conversation with David

very well. I read each word as you wrote it, disconnected and urgent. Nice writing.

And though I knew Murphy was still around when rescue

finally came, I worried right along with Don when he

disappeared into the dark, wondering if he really

would come back.

Now, on to Chapter 3.
1st endeavor chapter 4 . 12/3/2009
I really enjoyed this story. I'm glad that Murphy got away but a part of me still resents him for hitting Don while he was down.

Catch you next time.

1st E.
Zubeneschamali chapter 4 . 12/3/2009
"in an effort to fully understand exactly why the damage had occurred as it had."

I think the geologists are unaware of the DEWE: Don Eppes Whumping Effect. Tends to cause natural disasters to happen at unexpected times and places. ;)
Cissyaliza chapter 4 . 12/3/2009
Well again a very good story... I like your writing fashion.

I'll wait fort the next fic...

Sincerely
Wenwalke chapter 4 . 12/3/2009
That was a great story. Loved the way you wrote Murphy. Sad that he hit Don, twice, but I'm glad he got away.

You do hurt Don so very well. Thanks
christyzachman chapter 4 . 12/3/2009
Enjoyed the story, too bad that 'Robin Hood' Murphy got away but that is what it is. As we continue to idolize thieves like 'Robin Hood' we create modern thieves who are similar to him. We do have to remember is that the helping others does not mean you should be a thief. I do not honor Murphy, what he did was wrong even if it was for a nice reason. It was a great story.
weldolet chapter 4 . 12/3/2009
Ha! Good ending. A great short story - very well put together. Just the right attention to detail. I enjoyed David's pov here in this chapter.

So is Murphy coming back on the radar again sometime soon I wonder? I can see a whole host of opportunities to explore:

FBI v public opinion if they catch Murphy.

Eppes conflict perhaps as Alan is also somewhat sympathetic towards our "villain" (sorry indeed - snort!) :)

More Don/Murphy interaction which would be fun.

A great game of cat and mouse perhaps - as Murphy seems to be a smart cookie.

Don't mind me I am just thinking out loud!

Thanks again for a great story.
Synbou chapter 4 . 12/3/2009
Good characterisation, interesting plot, well written. Nice job!
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 4 . 12/3/2009
I love the way you write David. Then, again, I love the way you write Don - and Alan - and Charlie...

I've always liked the way you write procedures and emergency scenarios and this was no exception. David's initial job of getting the hordes of people up and out of the tunnel to safety, then remaining on the outside to assist in keeping the tunnel free of inexperienced, worried people looking for friends or loved ones, while frustrating, was not only necessary, it was what he was trained to do in such a situation. David would not stray from his responsibility - that's what makes him a great second in command.

I also liked the fact that this story was only 4 nice-sized chapters. It kept the action tight and well paced, without shoving it down the readers throat.

I'm also glad Murphy got away. And, secretly, I'm sure Don is, too.

A wonderfull written story, ALEO. Another one to be proud of and another one for me to reread when the urge to read "hurt Don" gets to me. Thanks, once again, for sharing it with us and, seriously, I hope you have another idea brewing.

Hope to see you soon.
sayatahu chapter 4 . 12/3/2009
Lol! I knew they would sort of let it be and not chase the fugitive anymore since he sort of saved Don's life.

Great short story, maybe another one coming soon. Make it a Christmas theme... haha...Merry Christmas...on the way!