Reviews for Detroit, May 2010
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Great story. I love the why you had God the Father coming in right on time. Please keep up the great work.
Hebi R chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Loved the story, but a note: "Thou shall not kill" is a mistranslation. In the original Hebrew, it literally says, "No(Don't) murder." Kill is a different verb. And when you read the text, the Lord actually tells His people to kill often, on the battlefield and in executions.

Additional fact: The death penalty may seem harsh, but one of the interesting things about the Biblical law code is that by making this the punishment for everyone, and for every victim, even (in some circumstances) slaves, it said that all life was equally valuable to the Lord. It also took away the possibility of paying the family blood money to make up for the death, thus preventing the wealthy from buying their way out of the penalties and making it clear that no amount of money was equal to a life.

Er, seminary student.
staceycj chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Loved the end. The whole thing was awesome, but the end cracked me up!
stilljustceci chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Tears. Big, fat tears. The boys' goodbye, and the way Dean dumped out the rant bucket all over GOD. And Castiel given his proper kudos. AWESOME.

I saw that some reviewers are hating on the God angle. Well...on the one hand, I don't understand why people were okay with demons, but got pissy when angels showed up. It's all about balance. Why is Satan okay, but not God? I LOVE the Heaven vs Hell plot arc and (most of) the way they've handled it.

On the other hand, there's a possible implication at the end of your story that all is now right with the world and Happily Ever After, yadda yadda yadda. I wouldn't like that either. Again, because I really believe there needs to be a balance to things. I hope there is always dark alongside the light, and logic dictates that as long as there's dark, there will be things to go bump in it.

Thanks for sharing the story. There aren't many that actually make me cry.
UpstairsMind chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
My eyes leaked whilst reading this story. Leaked, because in my lifetime I will never admit to crying. Which I wasn't. Oh how I wish the series would end this way! This is gloriously splendid.
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Oh wow, this was so powerful, I just knew it would end bloody and then you did the faith and hope and God - awesome! :0)
sylia91 chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Great fic! I would love a happy ending for the boys, Bobby and Cas like that. Here's a thought, everyone keeps speculating on God finally showing up at the end and who should play him. Why not Kripke, he is the god of our SPN universe isn't he?
Eicklehart chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
that moment when sam and dean were saying goodbye ... that nearly killed me. but then god came! epic ;)
carocali chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
I would sure love for the show to end this way - all things normal in Winchesterland. The brothers get to live, they do the right things and Sam is redeemed by GOD for all that's gone on.

They've spent 4 1/2 seasons demonizing the choices that Sam has made, emphasizing everything he's done wrong - especially to Dean - and this would be an amazing ending to it all.

Thanks for sharing! I hope you're right!

:D

Caroline
snlover10 chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
This was so brilliant!

These made me laugh -

''“Really? You show now? 30 seconds after my brother gives up his life, you show up to save the day? What the fuck kind of rescue is that?”'' and ''Dean hoped Zachariah was on the top of that list.''

Haha! Trust Dean to continue being awesome even when he's in the presence of GOD for fuck's sake! -faved!- :D
Visionairy chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
I really loved this story! It seemed like a very plausible way for the show to handle Sam saying 'yes'. But what particularly made this story amazing was the way Sam and Dean reacted to the situation. Both Sam and Dean's feelings seemed perfectly in tune with the situation and their relationship with each other.

My favorite part was, "Dean could feel his heart starting to pitch and stutter in his chest. “We’ll take care of you, Sammy.”

Sam nodded. “I know you will. Just, come in quick and hard, okay? I don’t want that bastard in me for more than five seconds.”

Dean nodded. Couldn’t get any words out.

Sam sighed. “Okay.” Dean could see Sam was trembling. But, he turned and started to follow Castiel. Dean snagged his arm, pulled him around and grabbed him up in a hug. Sam seemed relieved that he’d done it and just wrapped his arms around Dean for a long moment. His whole body was shaking. Finally, he pushed back, gave a quick kiss to the side of Dean’s head, and turned to jog up the hill."

It was just perfect!
kitsunechibiko chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
This has everything I was thinking of. I'm glad someone wrote it. Much luv.
Sastiel chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
WOW! That was breathtaking! I cried I laughed and then I was like, breathless!Amazing! I hope its kinda like this in the finale..
Klutzygirl33 chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
I loved this fic. It was so good.
ROBINV chapter 1 . 11/30/2009