Reviews for Crawling Out of the Darkness
Jara2 chapter 1 . 1/8/2016
I love this story! I just rewatched SeaQuest after many years and I ended up loving season 3 and especially enjoyed Lucas development. There was not enough story about his transition and it was cancelled way too soon so thank you for filling the gaps! Its wonderful.
Ltchoz chapter 23 . 6/11/2015
Wow! Great story! I just finished watching seaquest on netflix and being a child of the 80s. I fell in love with Jonathan Brandis all over again, like I did when I was young. So sad about him though. But anyways, I really enjoyed your story. I felt that you were true to the characters from the show. I didn't think that season 3 was all that bad, but there were definitely things that I didn't like that the writers did. I loved the character relationships that you formed in your story. Especially between Lucas and Harrington. I 'm so happy that you had Bridger and Lucas patch things up. And mad props to the twist about Harrington/Robert. I have to admit it took me a little bit longer to figure it out, I noticed that I totally missed your big hints earlier in the story. I have read quite a few seaquest fanfiction stories, and I have to say, I like yours the best. Excited to read your sequel. Thanks for posting this story, hope you are still writing somewhere.
Ltchoz chapter 7 . 6/10/2015
I have read through chapter 6, and I got to say I'm really enjoying it thus far. Can't wait to read more. The conversation between Lucas and Jonathan at the end of chapter 4 was really great. The characters are so well written. Thanks for posting.
LuoLiBei chapter 23 . 7/20/2012
Wah, wonderful story. I haven't read fanfic in months but I recently started watching SeaQuest on Netflix and just couldn't resist looking for something to read. I'm glad I picked such an epic story.

I always enjoy my favorite character suffering (what's wrong with me? This is why I should stay away from fanfic) and you did a great job putting Lucas through the ringer. The reveal of Robert was just too perfect, too, I didn't suspect that at all. The references to Harrington looking familiar I assumed would eventually lead to a made up connection like a hacker Lucas once knew. It was just delicious that he was the captain's long lost son.

I've been watching the eps in kind of random order so I've seen all of season 3 but only the first half of 2 so I've been a bit confused about how Robert could be alive, dropping kids off places, but now I'm suspecting I won't get any better answers from watching the rest of the episodes. Oh SeaQuest, you were my first obsession as a kid but despite the drawers full of Jonathan Brandis magazines I still have, I had no recollection of anything about the show beyond recognizing (some of) the characters. They're not very good keeping track of their own continuity.

Great writing, I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.
darkaccalia520 chapter 23 . 9/22/2011
Sob! You've got me crying now. I loved this story sooo much!
darkaccalia520 chapter 22 . 9/22/2011
Aw, this was wonderful...beautifully written. I loved it...thank you so much!
darkaccalia520 chapter 21 . 9/22/2011
Oh yes! This is how the third season SHOULD have gone...and I love how you cleared up Lucas and Nathan's relationship. THis was so wonderful! I loved it so much. Thank you for doing this!
darkaccalia520 chapter 20 . 9/22/2011
Holy crap! What a bombshell! Harrington is Robert? No way! I so did NOT see that coming! That's awesome...just awesome! Oh...I can't believe it's almost over.
darkaccalia520 chapter 19 . 9/22/2011
Oh, I loved this chapter. I love these little moments between the characters. I loved the Tim/Tony scene. ANd, I loved that Lonnie got to apologize too. I hope they'll be allowed to tell Nathan though soon. Can't wait for more.
darkaccalia520 chapter 18 . 9/22/2011
Oh...I'm so glad they're on seaQuest and that the crew knows Lucas is alive. Will we get to see Nathan's reaction to that? And Kristin's? And Harrington in the brig? So looking forward to more.
darkaccalia520 chapter 17 . 9/22/2011
Oh, I hate Freeman so...the fight scene was written very well. I really believe Harrington must be good now...and I'm glad he and Lucas have one another. Can't wait for more.
darkaccalia520 chapter 16 . 9/22/2011
Hooray for Darwin! I only wish Hudson would learn to trust him more...he's smarter than he thinks. And, now I love Harrington so much...I love how he's playing both sides. I'm actually starting to trust him; I only hope he doesn't turn out to be truly naughty in the end. Please say he really is trying to help Lucas, and he's not just saying all that. Please?
darkaccalia520 chapter 15 . 9/22/2011
So, Harrington is really a good guy? Or is he just telling Lucas that? I love this so far...really, really well done. Have I said that before? Well, I'm going to have to take a short break, but I shall return.
darkaccalia520 chapter 14 . 9/22/2011
OK, so Freeman makes Harrington look like a pussycat, at least for now. I'm glad that Harrington gave him a talking to. Again, I feel so sorry for Lucas though. Apparently, they're going to be meeting with some very naughy people, hm?
darkaccalia520 chapter 13 . 9/22/2011
Nice touch having someone videotape Lucas' funeral...now who would do that? Does that means someone on the inside is a traitor, right? Please say it's not someone we know and love. Oh wow...Harrington is so evil. I'm proud of Lucas though, sticking to his guns, saying he'd rather die than help them take over the world. Will it work?