Reviews for The Task of Understanding
DrNikiReid chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
awh! this is so heartbreaking, but so well written
Scochee chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
This is such a sweet poignant story. I think you've captured the innocence and purity of a child's perspective very well! A very charming story! Keep writing!
Alidiabin chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
So sad but so beautiful. I loved the last bit with Jack singing to his mother.
Hotch Fan chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Beautifully and sad story.

Love it!
Gratiae chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Omg, this was the most heart-wrenchingly adorable oneshot ever. I absolutely loved it. You have some serious writing chops. Absolutely fantastic.
WritingxEqualsxHappiness chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
that was so adorable and sad!

Lady Loraine chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
It was a good story. It was a spoiler for me as I've only recently caught the show and watch all of the reruns on ION. So I didn't know that Haley died. I'll have to order the seasons from Netflix or something. :)
CSIFan4Life chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
This was really good. I have a lot of experience with kids and I think you did great writing it from a 5 year-old's perspective and how you had Jack seem like he understood it as much as he could at his age. The 100th episode was really good/amazing/sad and it was so sweet to see Jack with his dad "helping" him with a case so it was nice to read a little follow up to the episode. I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

Agni xx chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Aw, poor Jack. This was adorable. And you did a great job with his point of view.

I love, love love that the team was there at the end. All the reactions you gave them seemed to fit the team well. (and brownie points for Rossi, that's adorable, asking for his autograph.)

And that last line was adorable.

And yes, Cade is also adorable. "Mac and cheese."

cuecardemporium chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
This actually made my eyes wet.

I love how you write Jack! It's not forced or overdone like most stories involving Jack are and you had the cutest line at the end. Good job, I loved it! ;)
sweetsolitude99 chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Aw. That was so cute! I almost cried! Poor little Jack! That's so sad! I agree with you, Cade is just adorable! I love how he calls everyone from the BAU team his aunts and uncles. That was adorable. :)
wolfchaser79 chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
I loved this story even though it was heart felt and sad and something I relate to very well. I'm glad you made Jack feel that he wasn't alone. He still had a family. This is one of my favorites. Looking forward to another great story like this one.
Lola-Ladybug13 chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
This was wonderful I loved it! And yes, he is adorable. ]
1719162 chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Beautifully done! It captured the purity of a child's spirit perfectly! I stand in awe!

Klutzygirl33 chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
This was cute. Poor Jack. At least the team was there to listen to him sing.