Reviews for The Variant and The Vampire
KingBowser444 chapter 1 . 8/5
This was a very interesting take on the whole Xombie series if Hellsing joined up with it. It was very well written and (aside from a few liberties) everything and everyone remained in character. The only thing I didn't like about it was you replaced Dirge saving Zoe and giving her the "Keep breathing." speech with Seras. :) Anyway, keep it up!
Rassilon001 chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
After a beautiful set-up and background on the story of the Xombieverse, what really sold this story for me was the wise-cracking Pip still inside of Seras. Remind me of D’s hand. Humor and horror go hand-in-hand for both genres (something I hadn’t noticed before) so you stay wonderfully true as Seras joins in the adventure with Dirge and Zoe.

The Vampire and the Variant do indeed make an awesome team, and are more than a little similar in many ways. It’s so much comedy gold I scarcely know where to start.

Be interesting to see more, if indeed this is only part one.
Andelevion chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
I know nothing of Xombie but this is still awesome. Is the Hellsing organization still there? Is Integra alive? Is Alucard alive? You're writing is fantastic.
Mocy chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
I love this story good job!
blood enraged chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
i gotta tell ya you really did a good job capturing everyones personality and a good job intergrating seras into the story. again well done
Soup Fish chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Wow. I am in awe. Great story, great characterization, great writing. I must say that Im not familiar with Xombie but this all fits together well. If you ever keep writing though you will have to work to keep this from becoming a god mode sue fic, though you do a good job of keeping it from that already.

Some of the characterization was a little hasty but that is really my only complaint aside from me thinking you could have split up this chapter some. Wondering who the bugs are. Also will other vampires come into this? Perhaps other variants?

Great story hope you update sometime.
KamehameGadoken chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Holy shit, this is the only Xombie fic I could, and it's awesome!
Shinkicker chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Nice story. A true pity it seems you aren't continuing it though. It's complete as is but there are so many unanswered questions. These aliens sound a lot like the combine from half life.
AnFan-n-More chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
This was a wonderful story! Very entertaining to read, I couldn't take my eyes off of it till I finished it.

I am wondering what the work that Zoe comes from is called. I don't recognize it. I'm guessing it's an anime of some kind, or maybe a manga, but there were not enough clues to get a title from. If you wouldn't mind sending me the name in a PM I would appreciate it.

I really hope you've written more of this story. I'll definitely look at your profile to see if there is more.

Thanks for sharing your creativity!
NamelessHeretic chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
I actually read this for the first time months ago. Sorry for not reviewing sooner, I had little to say.

I love your characterization here and how while you visited the stations of cannon, there's wasn't much room for deviation and having Seras around spiced things up quite a bit, especially towards the end.

One thing that bugs me is what happened to Integra and Alucard, but I suspect you'll reveal those details in later installments. Assuming you ever get around to posting them, that is. :

Writers block blows.
Zaralann chapter 1 . 3/10/2011
Post more! Great story!
wert1990 chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
great storry please update.

It even has a tv-tropes recomendation
Titanmaker chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Very Awsome story. Please write the next part, I beg of you!
Tikigod784 chapter 1 . 9/19/2010
So EPIC. Fantastic work. I'll look forward to the other parts.
Tuisto chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
THIS STORY IS AWESOME!

I love the plot, the dialogue, that character build-up, everything! It's even just written well, and on -THIS- site, finding something well written is such a beautifully rare find!

The ending though, now there's the best part, and I'm left on the edge of my seat want to read more!

Oh please, oh please, publish sequels to this!

[x] added to Author Alert.

[x] added to Story Favorites.

A story. Thanks!