Reviews for Fever
Aileil chapter 6 . 9/24/2015
Thank you so much for writing this! It really does have an episode feel to it. I imagine it would be quite difficult to mimic the tone of the series, all the subtleties and the erie atmosphere. I really appreciated this story and how you explored the relationships between the characters in a way that is faithful to the show and yet doesn't simply rehash events that we already got to see. Thanks again. :)
Yakarin chapter 6 . 11/20/2014
Wow... this was definitely one of my favorite SGU stories, maybe even my favorite, you were a master describing expressions and emotions, I loved it... and I am a meanie, but I can't help to enjoy when something happens to Rush and we can see his vulnerable self and Young feeling worried or guilty. Thank you for this, I truly enjoyed every bit of it.
carolann chapter 6 . 8/14/2010
Excellent scene between Rush and Young. I enjoyed reading this story. Thanks.
carolann chapter 5 . 8/14/2010
Very nicely written chapter. I liked the bonding moment between Young and Rush. Much better character development in my opinion than on the show. It's also nice that disaster was averted again thanks for Rush. I would hope that most of the people on Destiny would be grateful for that and not just a few of them. While many on the ship work hard like Rush, it seems that there are quite a few that don't make an effort to do much.
carolann chapter 4 . 8/14/2010
I hope that Rush survives.
carolann chapter 3 . 8/14/2010
I like how you write Greer. Personally I don't think much of the actor who plays him on the show and even less of the writing for that character. It seems that the show's writers try way too hard to tell the viewer how fantastic Greer is rather than the actor in his emotions and the writing showing the viewer without trying to force it down the viewer's throat. Pretty much the same type of tactic in how they portray Col Young when they try to verbally keep saying how great he is while at the same time showing what a complete jerk he is.

Rush is my favorite character but that is probably because of the Robert Carlyle, who in my opinion is such a good actor, that he is able to overcome the uneven and bad writing for his character on the show.

I like how you don't rely on dialogue as much as the character's emotions to show their character and inner feelings.
carolann chapter 2 . 8/14/2010
Rush's advice on looking for the large cat's prey was good. It sounds like they were able to gather a lot of food and send it back to Destiny.
carolann chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
You have an excellent writing style. Very interesting premise with them being attacked by a large wild animal and with Rush being the one injured protecting Greer.
SmileyDJingles chapter 6 . 5/14/2010
This was cute!
Miss Tuesday chapter 6 . 4/13/2010
Azamiko chapter 6 . 4/8/2010
D Fun!
Mr Evil 37 chapter 6 . 4/6/2010
That was a very good read :D Great story.

Rush's deliriousness and mentioning his wife was heartbreaking, and I think you again got Rush absolutely spot on. You also I think wrote Young very well, emphasising how he really didn't know what to do or say.

You resolved the situation with the engines fairly well, although I think it would have been more dramatic if Rush had had to force himself out of bed and to fix the problem himself, but it was still a good solution. Although, I would have liked some expansion on the animals retrieved early on, about whether they were edible or not. And also where the fever Rush got came from.

But these are very minor gripes, and the technical aspects were, as always, perfect.

I really loved reading this story :D Well done, you're an amazing writer.
Mr Evil 37 chapter 4 . 4/6/2010
Ohh, interesting, interesting and more interesting!

I was beginning to think that this story was just going to be about Rush's illness, which I was beginning to get a little bored of, but then you introduced the coolant problem at the perfect time to keep readers interested.

I love the irony of Rush being the only one who can solve the problem, which has become a recurring theme in the series; everyone hates him, but they need him. But you put your own spin on it, that he is sick and physically has problems solving it. I cannot wait to find out how he does it in the end.

Again, you have the characters perfect, especially Rush, Greer, and Eli. And again, as always, the technical aspects are perfect (spelling, grammar, structure etc.)

I really love your stories and I can't wait to finish this one! :D
Mr Evil 37 chapter 2 . 4/6/2010
I just read the first few chapters, very interesting so far :D As always, you have Greer, Rush and TJ spot on, and from Park and Franklin's actions you seem to have a good grasp of them too.

The story seems interesting so far, and at first I was thinking that the whole thing about the panther like beast seemed a little cliched, but after a while I realised that they do need food, and animals are one of the only basic universal sources of food in the universe. And considering survival is their main focus, this makes a lot of sense.

I see having Rush collapse is going to give you an opportunity to explore his character more, which I know you love doing. As always, your spelling, grammar, sentence structure and presentation is great.

I am going to continue reading, well done :D
Shorty McGee chapter 6 . 12/16/2009
I liked it! I would imagine that Rush would be a horrible patient.