Reviews for Backstabbers
Maerchen Freunde chapter 5 . 1/16/2010
Very interesting. I love the description of his eyes and what they can do. Creepy but very cool.
Maerchen Freunde chapter 4 . 12/18/2009
I like the chatty feel of this. It's really clever. I've always been intrigued by Izumo and Kotetsu. They pop up in odd ways during the series, so I think Masashi likes them, too. I love how he is ready to blow up the whole village for Izumo. Why do you say it's unrealistic? You are writing about manga/anime characters who use chakra to walk on water. In their reality, they can do anything - although both should be promoted to jounin with their amazing skills. As to document manager, after you make the changes, you have to use the 'Replace/Update Chapter' feature under the 'Add New Chapter Feature'. Or, at least I think you do. My experience has been to try several things until I figure it out. Kind of tiresome.
Maerchen Freunde chapter 3 . 12/7/2009
I think this is great. I like the italics. They give the story a more spoken quality, as if someone is telling the story: Did you hear about that chuunin...? It's nice to see Izumo get a competent role; he's usually cast as the hapless attendant to Tsunade's temper tantrums. Where did you come up with all your ideas for seals? They are brilliant! And the explanation of how he got interested was very good. Thought the cat bit was very funny, since a slave seal is about the only way you could get a cat to do anything. Anyway, nice job, as usual.
Maerchen Freunde chapter 2 . 12/1/2009
I love this chapter! Exactly what I have thought about all the Kages. I mean, think about Minato - sacrificing himself and his baby for the good of the village. If that wasn't a difficult decision, I don't know what is! Yes, maybe Naruto high-jacked it a bit - or maybe it was Sarutobi's env; he doesn't have the sunny disposition of Naruto. I also think it's brilliant that you have him understanding Orochimaru. Still, I think the story Sarutobi tells Asuma, and Asuma teaches Shikamaru, is what drives him. The care and feeding and protection of the living, breathing Village of the Hidden Leaf.

My most favorite part was his self-assessment after his pep talks at the Academy:

'He hates himself then. Hates himself and Konoha and all shinobi and the world for one, brief, furious moment. Then he slumps, exhausted, worn down, weary. And he feels all of his 68 years and all his kills and all the deaths on his hands.'

Really great. This chapter has a lot of clarity - Sarutobi's guilt.

Keep writing, please, you do it very well.

Thank you, thank you for your dedication. Yes, Maerchen is a real word - I started to write a really long explanation which, fortunately for you, I cut and posted on my profile. Anyway, it means 'Fairy tale' in German. If you're interested, you can read the rest of my explanation there.

Anyway, looking forward to reading more...
Maerchen Freunde chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Again, poetry in torture - eh, or something like that! It's very vivid, uncomfortable, very very good.