Reviews for No Dude Plays the Harp
Cross the Sky chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
This was absolutely wonderful! I loved everything about it. You really pegged the characters!
Groovy Angel chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Well, what can I say besides 'brilliant' again (really must get a new adjective!) I really liked Tolten in this - he was so cute. I felt really sorry for him, aw, especially when Jansen was being all harsh with him. You write Jansen and Ming very well (and also Tolten too - he is so endearing). Very, very good.
Lord 0f Storms chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
That has to be the best LO story I've read for a little while now!

Jansen's jealous is strangely endearing, and I love how Ming plays him, heh. I feel bad for poor little Tolten, being picked on, but it's hard to be annoyed with Jansen when he's so full of goofy charm - Ming's response is enough proof of that! I love how perfectly you write all the characters, especially Jansen, I've always thought he was one of the more difficult ones.

Also, I like the fact that even though Jansen's jealous (usually an ugly thing) is the centre of the story, it still remains very humorous, especially when he grows so angry that he sets his own sleeve on fire! This line - 'Jansen's eyes glowed an unearthly red and it appeared as if they were attempting to fry him alive' was very funny. And the last one too. And the title. And... well, you get the picture XD.

It's also very amusing that right when Ming's in the middle of being angry with him, he's thinking about how he wants to ravish her, haha, that seems just like him! Marvellous!
Lunatea chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Very enterteining and interesting the way you show us a more than respectful and "afraid for his life" Tolten, angry and jelous Jansen and smart and "evil"-sensual Ming. They play different roles from what we are used to, it makes you see and enjoy this little details of their unique personalities, hidden deep down.

The way you make Tolten in-between Jansen and Ming is so funny (and without that horrible chest-armor thank God!) I really like how you describe the whole thing and the familiar, cozy atmosphere you manage to create.

Keep up the good work

Lunatea
Redrangerpower chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Aw, that was sweet. I agree with you totally that the Jansen/Ming dynamic is one of the most interesting parts of LO, seeing him transform from drunk lay about to stalwart hero was amazing to watch and you caught all aspects of that in this piece. From jealous Jansen, to understanding, lovable and goofy Jansen.

I'm just sorry that you started posting this great stuff as the section withered as it has and that I took so long to give you a review. Hopefully this board will see some more life jolted into it now that Christmas break has rolled around.

Any who, another great job. Keep up the excellent work.