Reviews for Present Tense
Randalish chapter 31 . 1/25/2013
I'm not sure why I never read this before after reading your more recent works, particularly as I like "Angel" much better than "Glee."

That said, season 3 isn't my favourite season of Angel and this incarnation of the gang isn't my favourite ensemble (That'd be season 1 or 2, pre-Fred. Back when Wesley and Gunn and Cordelia's friendship was strongest) and Angel and Cordelia aren't my favourite pairing. I didn't mind them, but I didn't really feel it either, you know?

This story helped with that. It's fluff, of course. I won't say you realised unplumbed depths of complexity in season 3's themes or anything. But it's an excellent illustration of their bickering-family-dynamic. It contains all those little scenes I felt were sometimes lacking that season. It's funny and heart-warming. And it made a very good case for just why Cordelia and Angel are attracted to eachother, without any pointless love triangles or over-uses of the words "Champion" and "Kyrumption."

Oh, and I noticed you provided a context for the anecdote Lorne tells about Fred in "Hole in the World." The "I bet people would choose to be green if they could" thing. I wrote a review of that episode for a website a few months ago where among other things I criticised that bit precisely for lacking that context, so I rather appreciated that.

My only complaint would be that I didn't find this story last month so I could have read it in its proper season. Oh well.
Shades of Mundane chapter 16 . 2/22/2011
Love this story.

I know this is an exceptionally late review, but I've been rewatching Angel recently and felt the need to read some fanfic for it :D

I was going to wait to review until the last chapter, but then there was the "I do not gaze at Cordelia" line, and I had to review to say Yay! Random X-Files quote!

In any case, awesome story.
Spyder chapter 31 . 1/27/2011
overall a good feel good story.
spyder chapter 4 . 1/27/2011
the dialogue of Angel's crisis is very accurate. When watching the series you knew they weren't going to keep Conner a baby but I always thought it would be cool to see him age through the seasons. Always thought they jumped the shark with changing the tone of the seres so fast.
Spyder chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
Just recently watched the Angel Series and really started to dislike the show during season 4. The first chapter of this story reminds me so much of what made the show charming during seasons 1-3.
TheDreamerLady chapter 28 . 10/10/2010
You should, um, like, do a fic with Angel getting crazy with The Princess Bride.

I'd enjoy that.

Lots!

Mostly because I love your Angel and your Cordy. So... you should do it!

Amanda
Lfaba chapter 31 . 9/11/2010
WHY does this only have seventysomething reviews? This. Was. Amazing! I love fluff, mind you, but I like that you balance out the fluffy ones (gingerbread houses, training sessions) with the sad ones (anniversary of Doyle's death, werewolves). I agree that if you warp the timeline by Angel standards, Doyle probably died right before Christmas, because episode 10 was Christmas in Buffy season 3 and Doyle died in episode 9. My fave ones were the sixth (but that's because I'm a sucker for Doyle) and New Year's Eve, but I loved all of them! I could totally see every moment of this fitting in canon.

Oh, and the last paragraph? Getting me all happy-fluffy and then WHAM? Genius.
A. Windsor chapter 31 . 2/24/2010
Perfection. 31 days in my favorite moment of Angel ever. I loved Birthday at the time, but knowing now what it started... It's bittersweet.

Beautifully, beautifully done. You captured the hope and longing of this time period wonderfully, Thanks!
Wolviezchick chapter 31 . 2/10/2010
that was so great and so sad, everything coming full circle... heading back to the horrible end of Cordy.
zarah joyce chapter 31 . 1/24/2010
This story is truly fantastic! I had a lot of fun reading and I truly enjoyed your characterization of both Cordelia and Angel. The last paragraph of this story was a tearjerker, though - a sad reminder of what's in store for all of them. What a way to tug the heartstrings!
forensicsgirl chapter 31 . 1/3/2010
This? Was amazing. It is sadly quite rare these days to find an Angel fanfic that is both in-character and well written, but you've written a story that is both and so much more. It was pitch-perfect, you've captured everyone's voices so perfectly (especially Cordy and Angel) and you've written something I could really believe happened in between "Dad" and "Birthday". I loved every minute of the journey you've taken us on and am very sad that it's over. Anytime you feel like writing a little more for these characters, I'll be right here waiting.
Liana-chan chapter 31 . 1/1/2010
*whimpers* Guh. The ending killed me. I mean, I knew it had to go like that, having seen the series, but it's still all ouchies. Anyway, just wanted to drop you a last review to tell you that I really enjoyed this fic. It was fantastically done, the heart-wrenching parts as well as the heart-warming ones.

And, aw, you mentioned me. You're so sweet! It was my pleasure, reviewing this.

Happy New Year! May this year bring as awesome a ficage as the last one. _
Rabidreject chapter 31 . 12/31/2009
Awesome. I totally loved this. Sad to see it end.
Suzotchka1 chapter 31 . 12/31/2009
I absolutely loved this! It was great! Thanks for sharing it and Happy New Year!
mendenbar chapter 31 . 12/31/2009
This has been great fun, sorry it had to end, but all good things and all that.