Reviews for Stories From Around The Campfire
elmjuniper chapter 4 . 3/7/2010
hehe. i LIKE the girl/girl pairing. more pleeaase ;)
Ondjage chapter 5 . 1/25/2010
Very nice. I haven't seen enough LelianaxFemale PC fics up here...so its refreshing to find one so nicely written and yet not entirely based around the pairing.

You do exceptionally well with the dialogue. And everyone is much in character too.

I hope you write more DAO fiction in the future...with lots of fluffy female PC and Leliana goodness.
AblatedCrayon chapter 4 . 1/22/2010
I borrowed DAO recently from a friend to play it. Today's my first day checking the Dragon Age section, too, and low and behold, the first page has an author's name I recognize! Win!

Oh, and I totally understand why you've gone this way. First thing I did in the game was make a girl mage and start romancing Leliana lol. Of the characters I've met so far in the game, Leliana really strikes me as the best and very possibly only one that I would ever want to romance.

Of the first few chapters, this one's definitely my favorite. I don't know what it is, but there's something about quiet moments on watch that are so perfect.

Anyway, I definitely don't mind! Romance away! Make it good! Hehe.

AblatedCrayon
Ledilettant chapter 5 . 1/12/2010
a pleasant story.
Vshard chapter 5 . 12/29/2009
Now that I'm reading this again, I'm coming up with all these things I could have said before. For a tiny one... I think it was Riordan who suggested Loghain become a warden and not Anora (at least it was in my game), but hey... why can't she have said that - it's father after all. I'm sure she prefers him alive.

I also think Kalli's alienage speech to Alistair could have been more interesting if she had come across Vaughn later in the prison had been forced to let him out so she could win favor at the Landsmeet, but then... you already killed him didn't you :p

Overall, I really like Kalli's take on this and her arguments were well put. It's a shame Alistair was too hot-headed at the moment though really who could blame it, but then... he was the one professing duty over all. Never had Loghain in my part... would have been an interesting turn of events if he in fact betrayed you again though I'm not sure if that's an option. Wouldn't have minded him dying under the beast.

Speaking of... apparently if Alistair's gone and the PC is female, Loghain can do the honors with Morrigan. Now, That would be something to see. Hint hint :)
jetflight girl chapter 4 . 12/5/2009
Your story gets The Jet stamp of approval! There's definitely not enough Leliana on , much less femPC/Leliana, which is the best way to go. So, nice going!

Keep up the good work, trooper.
Vshard chapter 4 . 12/5/2009
Hm well.. definitely like some of the lines like... the old gods curse and the talk about not appreciating a darkspawn ambush - ranks right up there with 'swooping is... bad'. Hehe. I'm not sure how I take the girl/girl.. you have nice sappy stuff going on here. I think, in another story, it's what I'd believe is too quick, but who knows what's going on in these circumstances. I do also like the fall of the leader and the aid of the group. It's nice to see the less than invincible at times. :)
Bettynuggs chapter 4 . 12/5/2009
Loved it! Keep em coming.
Bettynuggs chapter 3 . 12/4/2009
LoL. Loved the part with Sten. He was such a pain on my playthru. Glad finally got a little Fem PC/Lelianna going too. Thanks for sharing. :)
Vshard chapter 3 . 12/3/2009
Enjoyable as always. I have actually been trying to stew up an idea for an rpg where the pc is not responsible for the world's problems. It would probably also help if the world wasn't always coming to an end. Loved the line about the npcs just sitting there waiting.

Other'n that - I think Dalish has only one A in it and it's nice to see Alistair with the two I's (hear that ?) :p

Very interesting ah... arrow-choked scene there. I can full imagine some of those men saying that. It's at least a little more interesting than what they usually say. Good line for Leliana as well there :) It's so.. ominous.

Good characterizations, I think, in this one (if a little fourth wall on the Sten one :p ) and you already know my thoughts on the last part :)

Random thoughts - are the Dalish really aloof to the city elves? I haven't played it through that way. If you are a Dalish elf they're very warm... well as much as standard dialogue allows anyway. It's so neat how that one starting set of facets determines much of the game ...feel. Anyway - good show! :)
Vshard chapter 2 . 12/2/2009
Heheh... nice twist. My girl probably would have killed the spider as well. Do like the bit about Alistair being cocooned... seems like a fair justice for shooting a party member. Nice touch with the camp details too. Keep on keepin' on :)
alyak chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Alistair can never win, can he? Excellent story.
Vshard chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
I don't know if it's me, but I can't hear the voices just yet. I can hear the rattling chainmail, but not the voices - or at least not Alistair's. I suppose that may be because I don't perceive him as that whiny, but maybe he is. Can definately picture the Oghren deal though I'm trying really hard not to. Interesting take too on the companion of preference choice.

And lastly... ouch... remind me not to piss off your elf. Sounds like she and Morrigan would get along famously. Overall, nice work setting up the scene and good luck getting Oghren's pants back on :p As much as I don't usually read such, I'm curious where the Leliana thing is going.