Reviews for Dont Blink Ianto Jones
Guest chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
I hate back then. How could loving someone be a crime. God loves all his child.
Iris Wood chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Thanks for writing this tale. I like fan fiction that educate people. I hope someone else reads this and reflects on how much things have changed in 150 years, for at least most of the Western world.

I always used to think, poor Jack, how many times did he die for having sex with men in the years that he had been on earth.

I know it is fiction and everything, but what about the real life it is based off. May I recommend seeing the movie Total Eclipse with DiCaprio and David Thewlis? It shows how homosexuals were treated in France, I think it was, during the 19th century. Just a warning though, their relationship is very destructive and it has some very disturbing moments.
The.Grey's.Ghost chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
really enjoyed this story. angsty but with plenty of janto goodness :P keep up the great work!
Kaloni chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
totally brill.
demon m-chan chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
this is really good, there are two things that bothered me though (one's a simple type, but it's in a date so it throws things off)

1) you mention that Ianto arrives in victorian times on the 21st of June 1850, but that his execution date is set for the 17 of June 1850-(and you confirm the 21st as being the day he arrives a few lines later which would mean that time was traveling backwards... either way it confused me.

2) the second thing is, in Jack getting to Ianto so quickly after he arrived in the past, Ianto never got the chance to send the letter, which means Jack wouldn't know when/where Ianto was and couldn't have rescued him

either way, I really like this fic (like, a lot) the smut was hot, and it was an interesting plot twist I haven't see before. I'd kinda like to see a sequel where they finally do admit their feelings for each other :D
jimmy-barnes-13 chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
This was really well written. I quite enjoyed it :)
xtiansugar chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
Interesting. I like the way you juxtaposed Victorian attitudes with modern day prejudices but you missed out the bits in between and it might have been interesting to explore that? It ceased to be a capital offence in 1861 but it wasn't legalised in Britain until 1967, and then only if both parties were over 21. There were many high profile cases throughout the first half of the 20th century including Alan Turing who was the man who broke the enigma code and won the second world war for us. He was prosecuted in 1951 and had to suffer the humiliation of chemical castration. He committed suicide in 1953.
NoOne.NotEvenMe chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
loved the story. keep up the writing

XD

No one
milady dragon chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Liked that, although I did get a little sniffly at the end, since even after all of that the boys don't say a thing about their feelings to each other. Well done!
chiddychick chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
This is awesome, very well written :)