Reviews for Innocence Lost
excessivelyperky chapter 37 . 10/31/2010
(Minerva) quite confused about Albus and his behaviour and why he – the one who had always propagandised love – should be against Severus and her daughter.

-Ah, but it's for the Greater Good that Snape should be desperately unhappy and alone; it's much easier to sacrifice someone who doesn't care if he lives or not.

I'm glad that Minerva stopped _that_ little trend.

And I love how Severus and Tizzy love each other (here's hoping they remember some contraception spells...).

Very good ending.
excessivelyperky chapter 36 . 10/30/2010
It was almost like he felt a weight being lifted off him and he bent down, his arms sneaking around her waist, and he just couldn't help kissing her.

-Yes, this is all new to him-he's never really been loved before (sorry, his mother neglected him too much). At least not by someone who wanted to show how much she loved him.

Brilliant chapter, I liked it very much.
excessivelyperky chapter 35 . 10/28/2010
What a good chapter! I'm glad that Neville wasn't there when his parents were tortured; you always have to wonder if someone got a bit too eager with a Memory Spell.

I'm glad that Tizzy clung to Severus the way she did-although she wasn't reasonable when she tried to go further. Severus doesn't want to just use her, he wants to truly love her.

I'm also very happy he reached out to keep her from going away.
excessivelyperky chapter 34 . 10/27/2010
Well, Severus and his mother have made a good start. It will take some time, and more than healing one gash, before Severus can forgive his mother for letting him be a punching bag both at home and at school (she should have come to school when he was nearly eaten by the werewolf-maybe Albus would have paid more attention to helping him, rather than the ones who nearly killed him).

And maybe someday he'll be able to forgive Lily, but not for a long time.

But I am so glad he and Tizzy are helping each other again, and trying to be friends. I'm glad that he is there for her when she's so upset by the patients she doesn't know how to help. (frankly, I'm glad that Albus has a friend, too, or he'd probably meddle and try to keep his niece away from Snape).

Good chapter!
excessivelyperky chapter 33 . 10/25/2010
"You should haff given him ze chance to say good bye like zis and let people know zat he was on our side," Lasse hissed, then, without waiting for an answer, he rushed off to the opposite direction, making Minerva, well, smirk.

-But Albus can't do _that_-how else would he keep Severus under his thumb for years without making sure Snape has no other friends? It's for the Greater Good that everyone is suspicious of and hates Snape. I'm sure he'll try to keep Tizzy from loving that horrible Slytherin (who had the gall to live when his beloved Marauders died).

I'm so glad he's going to fail, and that Tizzy will keep loving Severus anyway, and that Severus will love her back.
excessivelyperky chapter 32 . 10/22/2010
Oh, very good chapter. And of course Sev will listen to his mother; he's been trained to love those who smack him around.

Fortunately, Tizzy never got the memo, and actually thinks he should be treated better than that. St. Lily was a real Marauder before she died, and that was not a compliment. If Sev apologizes to her, she will actually listen and not just use it as an excuse to climb further up the social ladder.

Very good chapter, and I'm so glad Severus overhead what she said. He _does_ deserve better.
excessivelyperky chapter 31 . 10/17/2010
"You were a Death Eater, Severus. There will no trial for you. You are free," he said friendly and his eyes twinkled strangely. "You have two tasks now. Teach Potions, and help me protect Harry Potter."

-Free? Not so much. And if Snape really thinks he is, he'll find out pretty quick he isn't.

Although if Severus really took Albus up on the task to protect Harry Potter, no doubt he'd find out about the Dursleys _much_ too soon for the Greater Good.

I am glad that Poppy is looking after Tizzy, and that Eileen is making sure her son is going to treat Tizzy right. One has to wonder what Eileen went through with Tobias-though why she let the man bash her son around is still beyond me. But Severus won't mention that part, I expect. He's too deep into being Guilty of everything right now.

Good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 30 . 10/13/2010
A gentle, soft smile. Different from Lily's. Not as open but full of understanding and compassion. Not as happy, not as exuberant, just steady. Warm.

-And then, when it was over, he was horrible to her, probably because she _wasn't_ Lily. Snape should realize that she's far better than Lily; I hope it doesn't take too long.

Of course Albus is going to celebrate rather than mourn-you have to see people as real before you mourn their deaths. One suspects that very few people are real to him, and we all know that neither Snape or Harry are real to him (obviously, the Dursleys aren't either, but they're only Muggles, so they don't count anyway).
excessivelyperky chapter 29 . 10/12/2010
It bothered him that Severus Snape still carried around his youthful drudges against those Gryffindor boys. Mere teenage pranks and Severus Snape was still angry about it.

-Yes, a spot of attempted murder and years of torment were just youthful pranks (after all, Gryffindors never really mean to hurt anybody, sarcasm). And besides, all Slytherins deserve to be treated that way, don't they?

Albus is horribly cruel to Snape, and this time it's his doing.

And he was right-Snape _did_ put his trust in the wrong person.

Albus Dumbledore.

Now Snape is going to fight and die for years after risking his life for someone who has already broken _his_ side of the bargain. Or has Albus forgotten that he kept the Invisibility Cloak that might have at least saved Lily?

So much for letting Snape forget Lily-when it comes to helping Severus, Albus is just all talk. When it comes to action, he'll put the boot in every time.

But then, he's the hero now. Again. And Snape is his slave forever, again for someone who broke _his_ promise.
excessivelyperky chapter 28 . 10/7/2010
He would have to – would have to – would have to – make sure the old man knew to keep her safe.

-Well, we all know how well _that_ worked out, don't we? What is the magical penalty for holding someone to a promise to risk his life over and over while failing to hold up your own side of the bargain? In Dumbledore's case, his punishment appears to be honor and glory to the end of his days, and eternal worship thereafter.

Ah well. I'm glad that Tizzy is there to offer more comfort than a vial and an interrogation-and meaningless promises.

Her promises will mean something more than that.
excessivelyperky chapter 27 . 10/1/2010
Very good chapter. It's sad that Severus doesn't recognize the voice of the woman holding him; that argues that Eileen didn't do it very much. And I'm so glad that Moody has Pomfrey to help him through the loss of his leg.

But I am most especially glad that Tizzy is comforting Severus as well. He deserves to be treated like a human being.
excessivelyperky chapter 26 . 9/26/2010
Good chapter. Pomfrey did right to tell Eileen; perhaps this can help to patch up the gap between mother and son. As for Snape refusing help, was it ever offered to him while he was a student? Or did Pomfrey always believe the Marauders' that everything was Snape's fault?

As for Albus, he probably feels that it's only fair that he doesn't have to be alone all his life. Minerva can always go home to Aberforth, but who does he have?

I'm glad that Aberforth is helping Tizzy, though. She's been through a lot.
excessivelyperky chapter 25 . 9/19/2010
Good chapter! Tizzy is doing well. As for the Marauders, since Sirius has already tried to kill Snivellus, I suspect he would do rather better after his first blood (and does Minerva really know that the Marauders haven't killed already?).

I hope that Severus is all right; but his queasiness does him credit, and shows that his career as a Death Eater was not as bloody as people think.
excessivelyperky chapter 24 . 9/16/2010
Good chapter. But of course the Marauders don't fight one on one-as ever, it's Snape against three of them, and another Auror on top. He didn't mean to hurt that Auror, and probably would have died if that brick had connected with him.

And Snape still hates himself for it.

Surely Dumbledore realizes that his beloved Marauders make his cause worse, not better?
excessivelyperky chapter 23 . 9/13/2010
Snape _did_ do the right thing-some of those kids have seen him hung upside down and stripped naked, or at least heard about it (especially in Gryffindor when the Marauders were holding court and bragging). He had to establish control of the class right away, or risk a lot of problems. And I'm sure he would have liked to have done that to a few students later on, but wasn't allowed to (even when they set fire to things and endangered the entire class, and yes, I am talking about both the Trio and Draco here).

Very good chapter, and here's hoping Severus makes it back in one piece whenever he is finally called.
729 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »