Reviews for What We Were
Alicorn White chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
oh gawd Now I can have Alistair AND Cullen

Please continue this XD I see nowhere that this is a oneshot so I demand that you continue with a chapter two that's equally hilarious and endearing.
Speakfire chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
Ahh Alistair at his most adorkable. Who can resist him and his blushing red ears? No sane person I know. I love how you've done his introspection, he's so funny and believable. Fun little story!
vienna83 chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
As much as I want to squee, I know all the happy is just a setup for the sad that comes later. Poor Therrin. :(

Morrigan was hilarious and I think you nailed Alistair (hehe, nailed). No really, the characters were well done and funny.

Marching Madly Onward:

"But for all the humor and the spark, it's really rather difficult to read this entirely clean. We all know where it's going. (Which always struck me as kind of odd; unless Therrin explored blood magic, she doesn't seem like she would raise too many red flags amongst the nobility, even if she is a mage. Magi aren't the most popular people in the Chantry, but she's a Circle girl, not an apostate. But that's something else entirely.)"

Perfectly obedient mages are barely tolerated by the Chantry. Disobedient mages are killed. Having magic bars the mage from holding titles (which is why Isolde hired a freaking blood mage to try to shush up Connor's magic), or even from publicly espousing a political position (according to lore I've read). It's overly harsh IMO but perfectly in keeping with the setting. Consider Noble X with eligible daughter Y who would like to move up in the world by marrying her off to the new king, but can't because the king's planning to marry a mage instead. Noble X could easily cry blood magic and, as with any scandal, some people might believe but some people would play along just to start trouble in order to try to increase their own status.

Couple that with the fact that Alistair really doesn't seem to have the inclination to challenge the Divine over the Chantry's attitude towards mages, or to fight with the Landsmeet over it. He probably could leverage the fact that Ferelden fought off the Blight with help only from the Dalish and the Dwarves (everyone else involved are native Fereldans) when it has historically been a multinational effort, I just don't see him being stubborn enough to try it.

Not that I know where Crisium is taking her story, I just like to talk about the setting and characters because I'm a big ol' nerd.
Marching Madly Onward chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
For all of Alistair's witty one-liners, he's still a Chantry boy in a lot of ways. Lovely that you're working that fact into their chemistry. It's all the better when one considers Therrin has been shut away most of her life. One wonders how the Circle Tower hasn't exploded in hormones, with all those shut-in, frustrated people bustling about it's halls.

Of course, that same about-to-burst-itude is probably what has Alistair counting his days. So many years without, and then you're getting beaten over the head with it. Hanging out with the likes of Leliana and Oghren can't be helping at all.

Still, it is nice to see them in the glory days, when they had to battle demons and darkspawn instead of bloodlines and obligations. You can stab or magic two of those things to death. The others don't die so easily. C'est la vie.
Ysidra chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Okay, gush alert from a big fan of all your stories. It physically pains me in a totally awesome way to read your stuff - it's just so good. And so sad. And so wonderful. I hate that there isn't a really *good* ending for FPCs/Alistair (debatable, but I'm sticking to my story!), but your awesome stories ease my weepy girl soul. So thanks!
Alanna The Lionness chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Bloody fantastic! I love your humor, it had me in horrible fits of giggles.
Linda chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
OMG I'm in love with this little story! It made me laugh out loud more than once, and the way you write Alistair is just perfect. Keep it up!
alyak chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
This is FANTASTIC! Seriously so good.
CynaraStuart chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
and you've done it again! I don't know how you do it, but you have a great way of bringing comedy into your stories. its not an easy feat. But you do it so well. Cant wait to see more! :)
Bladesworn chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Note to self, Tevinter robes are kryptonite for Templars.

This is absolutely PRICELESS. Love it so hard. XD
Malaia chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
You're truly gifted. I'm so in awe of your stories. They've woken up my husband with genuine laughter.

It's so hard to read and be happy. Rather bittersweet I think, no?
Rastaran chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
I love your work n.n keep writing!
Primary chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Another fantastic tidbit from you :D
impsy chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Wah!

I'm starting like all of my reviews for your chapters like that, have you noticed? Mainly because you KILL ME with the awesomeness and adorableness and they are just fab. I adore your Alistair and how awkward he is, and while I am sad knowing they have a sad ending, I love Cullen too! So Therrin is happy, so it's ok.

LOVED the intro here, the "and somehow, she does" part was just brilliant. And their "introduction" at the end cracked me up. Looking forward to more chapters/stories from you, as always!
Pen52 chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
I've been following your stories for a while now. Alistair is by far my favourite character in the game, but I do have a soft spot for Cullen (and I did catch that little nod to him in this story, yes).

So... please, update this soon.
198 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 Next »