Reviews for What We Were
Snarkoleptic chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
Oh boy. I just got here, and laughed right out loud a few times during the first chapter. The voice you've given Therrin, and the way you mingle it with Alistair... Didn't take long for this to turn into one of my new favorite Alistair fics, if not the number one.

Morrigan closing the gap anatomical lamppost gap was priceless.
JessicaJones chapter 11 . 11/10/2011
First... yay! update!

Second... arg. This is so impossibly sweet (I especially liked Alistair's crowing at Therrin's so-called perversion) and yet it's just before the inevitable fall. I can't bear to watch, and yet I can't wait.
Dasque chapter 10 . 11/10/2011
I don't think I have to explain to you how giddy with joy I was at seeing this updated. I'm still a little light-headed.

Awesome chapter, as per usual. I love Therrin's reaction to Wynne's nosiness, and even more so Alistair's. I always thought the game missed a great scene by not allowing him to respond to that bit of helpful advice.
The Odd Little Turtle chapter 10 . 11/10/2011
I squee-d when I saw this come up in my alerts. :3

Loved it, especially the imagery at the end.
Ms. Gentry chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
you probably get this a lot. what with being completely awesome and all.. but yeah i'm gonna say it anyway, i love you. and adore you. and you really really need to write more alistair/amell or cullen/amell or just amell/someone in general because you tug on my heartstrings so easily and your stories are just.. *heartyheartheartheart* awesome
Tabriel chapter 9 . 6/5/2011
Are we ever going to see this updated? You ignored it for so long in favor of What We Choose...
Aerrin chapter 9 . 4/19/2011
This story is absolutely lovely. I adore your Alistair, especially the mix of serious and outright giddy-silly, and Therrin is such a wonderful character that I instantly want to give playing a mage a try. Their love story is sweet and believable and fits well with the game.
Parad0xotaur chapter 1 . 4/6/2011
I literally laughed the whole time reading this...!

(It's a first so I feel you deserve a better reward than just my praise. Alas, no tip jar...)
Padme4000 chapter 9 . 4/5/2011
I really enjoyed reading this. Though my parents gave me odd looks when I laughed... and cried from laughter.
What Ithacas Mean chapter 9 . 12/23/2010
Brilliant.
Piceron chapter 9 . 12/23/2010
This was an awww chapter. Loved Alistair's musings on his socks, and the way he sidled up to Wynne. The ending was very sweet with the two of them getting back to "normal." Of course, we know how this has to end, but it is nice to see them happy together for at least a little bit.
ellina chapter 5 . 12/20/2010
Ok.

This story i E.

I'm rather new to DAO fandom and i'm SO thankful that I've finally found you story. Your Alistair is SO MUCH HIM, the way he reacts, the way he speaks... That's the real Alistair, and we love him just for that! (and, btw, your F!Amell is super cute and adorable, too :3)

I was tired of all the super confident Alistairs I found in all the other fanfics. Even the whole "first night" thing... I mean: ok, I get it, we all like to think he'd be wonderful at that even if it's his first time, but... hey, it doesn't work like that, that's not gonna happen!

While all the awkwardness that you described is just so much perfect! It totally works for Alistair, for the situation they're living, for everything.

...Well, I guess I made myself clear, I just love this story :P

So keep up the wonderful job :D
Shadowhawke chapter 9 . 12/18/2010
I don't think I can say enough how much I love your Alistair. He literally springs off the page, as does Therrin and Wynne and dog and everyone. Loved this chapter and the way you really did combine 'Normal' as well as an insight into the not so normal things they're all recovering from.

Thanks again for sharing. :D
JessicaJones chapter 9 . 12/17/2010
You really can't trust puppet. They are so often possessed by hunger demons, and we all know how *that* turns out.

Lovely chapter. I have come to accept that Therrin is happy and meant to be with Cullen, and all that, but I still fear the conclusion of this story, they are so sweet and innocent here.
Sagacious Rage chapter 9 . 12/17/2010