Reviews for The Part Where You Let Go
Erana chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Wow, this was gorgeous. Painful, of course, but gorgeous, too. If there's anyone I could believe Hotch allowing himself to lose it with, it's Gideon. The limits of a TV show, I know, but he really was a seriously glaring absence in the Foyet arc. Thank you for fixing it so wonderfully. :)
GSYH chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
I really wish we had gotten a Mandy cameo for this, it is very fitting that Gideon would comfort Aaron because of /Sarah/.

...and he knew Haley too, didn't he? In the first episode, Haley asked Hotch if they should name their baby Gideon.
DraejonSoul chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
I never thought of looking up Gideon/Hotch fics until today, so I was glad to have found this story of yours. Really well done! You played their friendship dynamic well, very reminiscent of their friendship in the series. I loved that even though you would never expect Hotch to break down in front of Gideon, it was told masterfully that the scene didn't feel forced or out of place. The narration painted every scene quite clearly in my head, and through your words, I could see Hotch in his darkened apartment being comforted by an old friend (I can't recall if you did describe the apartment being dark, but the mood would call for it, don't you think? _).

Good job on writing Gideon here, too. He's quite a complex character to write for, I'm sure, and you captured him nicely.

I also liked how you had father and son openly share their grief: the father no longer hiding his tears while the son accepts in his childish innocence. And all the while, Gideon being the quiet comfort for them without crowding them.

This was wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
Hotch Fan chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
Thank you so much for writing this. I always thought that Gideon should have been mentioned or come back to see Hotch. I know there are problems between the producers and Mandy Patinkin, but they could just have mentioned that he call or visit to Hotch.

Love it!
RsNawtyAngel chapter 1 . 10/27/2010
Painful and beautiful. Very well done.
Teh.Juxtaposer chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
This is my favorite story on FF. It sí needed FTP happen, and you did it justice perfectly. I k know that Mandy and CM had issues and whatever, but this needed to happen. They both could have just sucked it up and done just this one scene. I like Rossi, but Gideon's character was always so much more real and fulfilling. Gideon had this air about him that was incredibly intriguing, and Rossi just doesn't have that.

I also loved that Gideon came back just for Aaron. Everyone makes so much of the Reid-Gideon relationship, no one ever really talks about Aaron and Jason. They were on first name terms, they'd known each other the longest, their personalities are complimentary, hell, Gideon was always referred to as Hotch's "wife" by Hailey. It just frustrated me beyond measurable belief that he didn't get a goodbye with Gideon or even a recognition.

This story made up for all that CM lacks. Thank you.
lastcrazyhorn chapter 1 . 10/7/2010
*sniffles* Man, it's hard to find stories about Gideon and Hotch, slash or otherwise, and it's even harder to find well-written ones!
roxypony chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
HOLYYY SHIT. So i am officially this story's biggest fan. i cant pick just one or two things that made me love it, it was just PERFECT. I always wished Gideon would come back and visit Hotch... Rossi and I have just never gotten along. Anyway this fic was AMAZING, AND IT MADE ME CRY. Just so ya know.

Aslan is love chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
wow, I love this one, please write more Hotchner/Gideon friendship stories please.
Loraya chapter 1 . 2/16/2010
I love it. :D

This should've happened, Gideon coming back to help out Hotch... I can definitely see it.

You did a wonderful job on this, you really did.
angry penguin chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Damn well done. :)
D chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Freakin' awesome job! Can't wait for the update.
Dani347 chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
This was very good. It fit the events and emotions of "100" It's so rare to find stories that don't pair Hotch up with someone on the team - even stories dealing with this episode. And, since I don't read Criminal Minds stories where team members are paired romantically, it leaves me with very few stories to read. But, beyond that, the story was good in itself. I always found the Hotch and Gideon friendship to be one of my favorites. And, Hotch is very Hotch-like, and I like how you addressed the emotional aftermath that he would still be going through. Also, the irrational fear that Foyet would somehow still be there to go after Jack.

I also like the end and how Hotch can't resist holding on to Jack and that it's a hopeful ending without being unrealistic as if everything is suddenly all okay.
WhispersInTheShawdows chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
This is great!
KG86 chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
You can feel his pain, and that makes it beautiful as well as sad.

Wonderful writing