Reviews for Heaven for Heroes
TekoloKuautli chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
Damn, thats one hell of a epiphany XD Awesome story haha
Kurai Ummei chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
O.o
Makokam chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
This story was 100%, pure, unadulterated, WIN.

I loved the take on...well...everything.
The only problem was that while I liked the idea of "Young Link" being mentally older than "Link", you didn't write them like that. Though, I suppose you could just say that since "Link" is physically older, his brain chemestry allows for more rational thought. Or something.

And I really liked the 4th-wall, mind-fuckery of the child talking to his imaginary toys and explaining to them they're only toys, and, hell, he might be one too.

Makokam out.
Myrddin Emrys The Third chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
This is deeply disturbing, but cool at the same time.
LampSuper641337f0x chapter 1 . 5/23/2010
I expect very sad things from you,Shades. You made my two favorite characters really express themselves! I don't like that YL had a "death",I cried! But,I'm glad he'll be up and around soon! I also had to lul at YL screaming at the moon, having nightmares about evil grinning hollow self,or being eaten alive by giant fish. Lul
hawktakesflight chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
Incredible.

Simply incredible.

The explanation that you set out for Link (and the alternative explanations for the Pokemon) were so convincing I really did buy into it. The shattering of all these by the Child at the end was rather - surreal, although it was done incredibly well.

Emotions are well written out, and in fact the interactions between the Links and the rest are very well done. Peach, Zelda, and even Ganondorf and Bowser, however little screentime they had.

The Child is amazing. I know there's been some spectualation among that line, but this is the best written work I've seen along this line. In fact, this is one of the better explanations I've seen for anything SSB-related - one of the oldest mysteries of the entire series.

Great job. Simply brilliant.

hawk
The Light's Refrain chapter 1 . 2/2/2010
I've seen other people attempt serious SSB stories, but you're the first one who's done a good job on it. I like how Link thought it was a 'warrior's heaven' (from Norse mythology, if I remember right) and how the 'truth' of the world was explained. I wonder if Link will accept that truth, or try to break away from it and become 'real'.

I suppose the second part also appealed to me because I view my own toys in much the same way, even after all this time.
Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Oh, my word, that was awesome. Loved the emotions in this, especially those of older Link. I loved the relationship between young and old Link, and I found the two to be completely endearing. The characterizations of every single character were spot-on, as usual, and I had no problem whatsoever with imagining these guys as real people with real emotions. I loved the way you handled the explanation of the "Heroes' Heaven" at the end. Going into this, I didn't know what to expect, but I was very, VERY satisfied with what I found. Excellent job!
Sakura's Sonata chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
Long, thought-provoking, and slightly chilling. I always thought that SOMEONE was keeping a collection behind the scenes in the SSB series, so your twist didn't knock me out of my chair. That said, I was still surprised at that twist.

I was even more surprised when you offered up many characters' logical explanations of why they're there. I feel like most SSB stories neglect that (sadly), so I was very pleased when I read that.

Link, Zelda, and Young Link's relationship was also fun to read. You delved into each one's personality and drew that to life - I wanted to hear more about it. (Nice touch throwing in Young Link screaming at the full moon)

An outstanding story as always! Your work always makes excellent, quick reads!
Mkup chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
If the reason this had to be a Melee fic is because it was the first SSB, then it shouldn'tve been SSBM. SSB was a N64 game :D Pretty fun one to. Considering the games back then. And You probably already knew that and thats not you're reason, but Meh. Idk.

I LOVED IT NYWYS THOUGH! I would probably go beserk running round around going "IM NOT REAL!" And it makes a lot of sense! 6 stars *!
Sergeant Conley chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
Oh wow. You never disappoint, Shadow. If you consider this "shaky" your best stuff is Biblical scale talent. I never thought of the idea of Link seeing SSB being as a Valhalla of sorts, but it makes perfect freakin' sense. And if reading's taught me anything, few things are worse than learning you aren't even real. And you didn't even go "full out" with the possible aftermath of Link's learning of this fact. Admittedly, the current ending felt kinda week, but it fit like a glove.

*5/5