Reviews for Desperado
Crescent Blue chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
This one is a tear jerker for me because I just feel Duke's pain. (even though I've never been in any situation like he has been.)

A very, very deep look into Duke's character here. Even though it's not canon, it seems like it would fit perfectly in with the manga.

The anime has Duke and the gang pretty much on good terms. This story wouldn't fit then.

I still can't get Seto/Tea relationship in my head. XD It just doesn't work for me at least.
MoonlightTyger chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
(I actually read this fic soon after your Alone Again's just taken me this long to actually get around reviewing it ;; I have a special talent for procrastination ;p)

BUT, on to the review:

I really, really like this fic - though it has a dejected air about it (done on purpose, I'm sure - you did it well), it's very, very good. This fic in particular resonates with me a bit, as in my teenage years I experienced many similar things that Duke reflects/remarks upon here (fortunately, I DO have my family and college is far more rewarding, anyway ). I totally get where he's coming from, and it was refreshing to see him argue Tea back each time with near-irrefutable facts (that said, I also feel very sorry for her - it's plain how bad she feels over the whole ordeal, and how much she's trying to make up for it). I found his reaction to her invitation at the end very believable, as well as the reasons behind it; people become wary of going back to that which as been unkind to them - whether intentional or not - and while it would have been good to see him give her another chance, it would have been unrealistic. (I'm getting to the end of the fic, and I'm kind of at odds with myself - part of me really wants to see a happy ending, but my experiences and writer's thinking are going, "Don't give her another chance, it'll be so much better if he doesn't give her another chance!" XDD)

Anyway, as I said before: I really liked it - you did an awesome job and it is every bit as enjoyable as its predecessor :) Kudos and have a Happy Thanksgiving :)
Rehema chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
So sad! I never really looked into Duke's character-to me, he was just... a supporting character and a new friend in the group. He was actually with Yugi and the gang a lot during and after season 2.

But the fact is that I never really looked into him... maybe it's 'cause they never really explained him much except for the fact that he was a new friend, a dice master, and a Pegasus... er... idolizer? Hehe.. Not a word?

This is an interesting interpretation of Duke! Really!

(Watches sadly after him)

(Runs after him and pleads, teary-eyed) Please, man, we can't just let you go like this! Come back!
FireGoddess101 chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
aw, poor Duke :(
Harry2 chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
Sometimes, no matter what happens, we make prisons of our own. We don't mean to, but we do. And those prisons just cause us to become all alone. We try to break out, but the walls are just too high and thick to do so. And many a time, we never find anyone to help us break out of them. I see a lot of myself in what is going on with Duke in this story and the last one. I hope he can find someone to help him out of his prison.
vanerz chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Hm. Actually I can emphathise with Duke quite a bit in this scenario. I like how you've portrayed Tea trying to justify their actions, still in a bit of denial. Seems that Duke's had a bit of time to think about this. Nice fic, even if it's a bit depressing. But perhaps that was the point.
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Poor Téa... it must be a shock to wander in and see Duke like that...

And Duke mentioning that she wasn't around was a bit cold of him, but even then, she still wants to help. That is classic Téa...

And I definitely do not care much for Millie-Tille-what's-her-name any more than Téa does. XD;

But poor Téa, having Duke cross-examine her...

The entire exchange was so deep, especially Téa saying how he's running, and how it'll catch up...

Poor Duke... He's such a shadow of his former self...