Reviews for Sacrifice
FiascoWay chapter 1 . 5/15
This is a really well written if dark and disturbing fic! I agree with Graydoll that this is very much part of Jane's character. Witness his manipulations in Red Dawn which your story partly predicts. Thank you.
Gray Doll chapter 1 . 4/8
This is good. Really, really, REALLY good.

(And I'm going to write this review with only the first five seasons of the Mentalist in mind, because seasons 6 and 7 were, let's be honest here, a different show entirely.)

It seems to me that fanfiction writers don't explore this side of Jane very often - in fact, many seem to gloss over it, choose to forget that Jane is a relentless, pretty much shameless manipulator. It's true that he does draw a line somewhere, when it comes to his pursuit of vengeance, but revenge really IS his biggest, if not only, purpose; and we all know, and we've seen, that Jane is capable of doing really terrible things if it means getting closer to catching Red John. Many fans also tend to conveniently ignore how many lives Jane has ruined throughout the entire show (be it good or bad guys' lives, it doesn't really matter), what with his seemingly innocent but perfectly planned and poignant comments, his wild stunts, and pretty much how he treats everyone, except widowers and people whose children have died. And I'm just so glad that there is someone who doesn't make Jane into a tragic selfless hero in fanfiction; I hadn't read a story featuring a truly manipulative (and hellishly proud of his manipulating abilities) Jane in a very long while.

I think you have Jane's personality captured so perfectly here; because there's also the fact that Jane apparently constructs the best schemes and manipulations based on slivers of truth; there is heart in his lies and tricks and charades, and he almost always uses his own emotions and own tragic situations into manipulating people. He isn't even concerned about getting hurt himself, if it means it will succesfully break another person. At the end of the day, Jane does, indeed, break almost everything he touches, and most of the times it's actually intentional (and that's one of the character's most disturbing qualities, that I can't understand how so many people ignore) but mainly because he's so broken himself; your summary depicts this so perfectly, better than anything I could have said.

This story is disturbing, raw and honest; it's almost painful to read, and at the same time it's enlightening; it's amazing. Thank you for sharing.
LouiseKurylo chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Expands the dimensions of the show, though not in a direction I care to think about. Can see Jane capable of this, both in his skill as a manipulator and in his determination to pursue his revenge. Convincing. Anything but pretty.
ilovwinning chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
CAN I HAVE MORE OF THIS?
aku no tensai chapter 1 . 10/19/2011
Huh. Nice story? (Not really a question, more of a statement really but...didn't quite know what to say.)

Aww~ I wish there was a sequel though, something like if Lisbon finds out or what happens afterwards. What happened to Bosco? I know that in real life it would be obvious but...it IS a fanfic.
Anonastalker chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
You know, I keep coming back to this, hoping that one day there'll be a sequel. *wistful sigh*
krizcrayon chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
I would simply like to say that this was AMAZING. To echo previous reviewers, your Jane is impossibly in-character. You stay heartbreakingly close to Jane's usual behavior and simultaneously take it that extra step farther into emotional territory we rarely get to see in the show. I think this piece is especially poignant because it raises the question of who is at fault. After all, nearly all rape victims feel shame upon being assaulted. Please keep writing!
lady of scarlet chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
I forgot how splendidly disturbing this one was!
I.Am.Cheese.And.Cheese.Is.Me chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
depressered i like it
Futurus Meus est in Visceris chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
I like this story very much, but it feels unfinished.

Poor Patrick and his issues.

Many thanks once again.
black shadow girl chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
wow

that was a interesting

you are really good at writing this kind of fics

I hope to see more mentalist goodies from you and I will try to follow you at livejournal
mirrohayou chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
amazing and sad, so dark but so very jane like, in a word perfect. I would love to see a sequel for this as well as liar.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Although I really don't see Bosco as that type of person, you really sold this. You made it believable in a way that simply overpowering Jane never would have been able to do. It's dark and thoughtful, and amazing.
Katie-Jane chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
I don't have an account so sorry for the annonymous review.

Just thought I'd say that I've read this fic several times and I think it's brilliant.

You have a great way of telling the story and you're obviously a very good writer; you also manage to not let them become OOC which would have been easy to do seeing as the plot itself is quite unlikely.

Great job !

(any chance of a follow up story, with Lisbon turning up at Jane's house afterwards perhaps? I'd love to read one.)
superwoman1015 chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
Well, that was...interesting. The idea is unique for sure. not sure what all else to say.