Reviews for Why the world doesn't need Superman: by Clark Kent
iron.soldier chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
This is beautifully written. :D I love the ending - and it's so ironic that Clark Kent "wrote" it.
WildeJunkie96 chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
Normally, I don't review–-like, ever. I hate leaving the typical 'great story' (with an added on 'update soon' for the WIP's), and if I go into more detail about the things I love/hate about a story, I feel as though I'm infringing on the sacredness of writing or that I'm not seeing the story in the right light, or maybe it wasn't really meant like that at all. But I couldn't help myself–-I love this quirky little thing. By itself, the essay is amazing, and I'm a little ashamed to admit that I've sortofreaditmorethanonce. But the fact that you had me convinced it was Clark Kent writing it, that you somehow managed to get the VOICE of it right? Amazing, except better than that word can express.

Probably overreacting, but I figured–-even with my 'no-review' rule-if you read a story more than once, obligation steps in.

Sincerely,

ND
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Well now...I think this series is going to be a mighty interesting project to witness unfolding, if what we see here is any inkling. Superman basically saying the world doesn't really NEED him but admitting he's a necessary force until a future point? Done the wrong way, this message would be bitter and one-sides...luckily, we (and the fictional readers of the Daily Planet) get to see Clark playing up his Kansas farming country upbringing to rally humanity to the fact it can do anything it sets its collective mind to by pointing humanity has mastered the ability of powered and spaceflight even before Superman entered into the common lexicon (by current timelines, I mean) :D
Spidey-phd chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
Good job keeping with each character's own style in these essays
Drake-Azathoth chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Very nice. You do a great job of showing Clark Kent/Superman's perspective on humanity. Especially his own.

The main point of his article seems to be that humanity should look to Superman as just another goal to surpass. And it's cute that he specifies what Superman SHOULD be doing if he truly believed in Truth, Justice, and the American way... 'Do you see him doing these things?' Obviously he feels he does in some ways, and that by and large he has to keep doing them.
Moma bear Emma Swan chapter 1 . 12/2/2009