Reviews for CHRISTMASTIME IN THE TRENCHES
Omgu8mynewt chapter 1 . 6/30/2010
This is a great story without Logan being the main character - very atmospheric and descriptive
Feral Jedi chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
awesomeness... sequel?
Snow leopard freak chapter 1 . 3/17/2010
Great story! You did great with all the translations and stuff, and a good set up for all the scenes, great job!
BlackDewInTheMorning chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing. We don't get very many stories actually taking place back in Logan's past, and this was a very-well written piece of work. Merry Christmas!
RhiannonUK chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Reading the final edit was a real treat. I know this has been on the back-burner for a while but you have turned this into a veritable Christmas feast. Nice work as usual. I loved the Maverick reference and you even managed to slip in a certain infamous German Chancellor. It's a pleasure to beta for you. :D
CaptMacKenzie chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
Your story concept was excellent, and the fruit of your long research definitely paid off. That ending was just perfect; a nice surprise, and very creative. The only mark against you was that you struggled to find Logan's "voice". Toward the end, it "felt" right, but during the whole first half of the story, I kept thinking ... 'Is this another soldier talking, an O.C.?' It just didn't sound like Logan - definitely not a YOUNG Logan! People do change, you know, and there would have been quite a transition period b/w the cynical, jaded 'old man' we know, and the kid who escaped from a manor to hide in the mines of the far north. WWI would have had quite a hand in forming his later character, for sure ... but somehow the tone you set for his thoughts doesn't feel true.

So maybe you could work on that?
Scarlett Burns chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
So glad to see this posted, MLC! Beautifully done... I love this down and dirty look at life in the trenches. It is fantastic to see such a well written story based so early in Logan's life. Rare to see in fan fic, but great to read!

All the best,

Scarlett
Comic-cake chapter 1 . 12/2/2009
I am stunned at how absolutely wonderful your writing is. Truly, I love and respect good stories around the Wolverine, but this has more...so much atmosphere about such an horrific time in the trenches. I'm so glad I stumbled across this...