Reviews for Foundling
Chantilly's Mom chapter 22 . 1/21
Just read this story as far as it goes and am thoroughly enchanted with it. Hopefully your muse will return your thoughts to it soon. Thanks for sharing.
lovelyrita1 chapter 2 . 12/20/2016
sweet and fun
liliCartMan chapter 7 . 12/10/2016
Abandon a child: I insist, the Dursley's actions after this fact should be shown: I mean, what is Marge doing meanwhile, and how is Dudley reacting? but maybe, anything they did, how could they appear on the scene, maybe in no way, unless wizards managed to find them and act consequently
The character's behaviours and speech seem IC, for Snape too maybe: is Harry's life reminding him Snape's past life maybe? between the abusive father and (CUUUURSE!) bullies? Dumbeldore too, even if underestimating feeling sometimes (see how he really abandoned Harry in 5th book), can react well when there are love/hate issues (WOW!):
A) he scolds the Dursleys for humiliating Harry and spoiling Dudley in the 6th book
B) is this matter of loving blindly a person and not realizing the rest reminding Dumbledore his past? for which he is worrying so much about Harry? (as if Dudley Grindelwald and Dursleys Albus)

The most interesting point, maybe is this actually: if Harry had been abused, the protection would fall. It sounds like an alternative version of the family protection: a family is not considered one if there is no love, and an abuse like this is maybe the worst move to do in a family, and destroys the definition of family, as if the family did not exist. The blood protection in this case would represent what people WOULD LIKE family to be, and would like it to work, while being it broken by any abuse would be the confirm of what in a family can ACTUALLY happen (abuse) and that blood is not everything. it seems that JKR suffered from family problems and had no help from social services: from this maybe come these elements of the saga
A) Dursleys who abuse Harry, spoil Dudley and nobody rebels
B) Malfoy commits not only bullying (that many teachers actually in the reality underestimate, as if it was a temporary harmless situation) and commits crimes (slandering Harry, Hagrid, Buckbeack, trying to kill Dumbledore) and nobody investigates on it (HEH! calling a person mad and dangerous is a heavy accuse, anyone spreads it must be interrogated and controlled)
C) Snape that bullies his students and Dumbledore hardly scolds or correct him (I mean: I can understand protecting Harry but 1) Snape does it for Lily only, 2) he takes his position and protection as an excuse to do what he wants)
D) maybe the Marauders (how did their family react?!) especially for the Willow too
So: the Blood protection would be how theoretically a family works, but what if it did not work because love was necessary?!
Abuse would destroy the bond, being a violence, either being a relative or not, and heh! as much as petunia hates Harry I hope she really doesn't want him dead (man, she pathetically regrets that she lost a sister -.-). Lily's protection was forged in love, so did Harry's one on the students in 7th book (Battle of Hogwarts when Voldemort killed the Horcrux in Harry): the idea that love only would make a protection work would fit in the saga, and your example here about the abuse would too. See too a line in "Storied and bonds that changed the worlds" by emgoalie, chapter 3, from line "Why did you have to stay there?" to ahead
liliCartMan chapter 6 . 12/10/2016
Snape a kind heart? hmm! he would be if not biased against non-slytherin students for their House (cursed Marauders and their bullying too) and Harry especially for the matter of his parents ( Snape does only what he wants and for Lily only.
Ah ah ah ah I totally enjoyed "Bas"'s reaction during Harry's speech I bet that Minerva is going to turn the Dursleys in cockroaches
Linda chapter 22 . 11/23/2016
Really like the story and hope you will finish writing it
DeiStarr chapter 22 . 11/17/2016
Yeah, I have noticed that. It IS pretty simple-minded of them not to bother to learn otherwise.

Will Harry help Draco learn that pureblood supremacy is a flawed concept? I love stories with a Reformed!Draco - especially if Harry gets to him while he's still young enough to be taught otherwise without too many years of conditioning to overcome. (Actually, occasionally I find an excellent Good!Malfoys fic; it's just hard to find ones that can portray the family as good without being too OOC - especially Lucius. That tends to work only in stories where he's more of a "not-evil" than actually "good".)

I have to admit, I'm glad Sirius was freed before Fudge got into office - one of the biggest reasons he refused to listen to the possibility of Sirius' innocence was that Sirius Black's capture basically made Fudge's career. He was the first one on the scene, and assessed the sitution to brief the Aurors when they arrived, took the witness statements, and handled the Obliviations. He went from a lowly nobody to a hero overnight for his part in catching "You-Know-Who's right hand man; the notorious mass-murderer Sirius Black". He's too incompetent to have managed any other major political achievements, so that old accomplishment probably played a big part in his bid to become minister. Having Sirius proven innocent would have cost him quite a bit.

Anyway... I'm enjoying this and looking forward to seeing where it goes.
Cassandra30 chapter 22 . 8/28/2016
Superb! I hope you write more about this story soon!
Cassandra30 chapter 21 . 8/28/2016
Really excellent! I like the maturity shown here.
Guest chapter 22 . 8/18/2016
Like the creative take on tbe characters
liliCartMan chapter 5 . 8/18/2016
VROOOOM! Harry on the broom :D :D :D well, inherited I don't know, I am quite reluctant in calling genetics in a speech, it sounds a little like tracing a person's "destiny" with no changes, but in this case I can't find another word for it. I anyway can't help admiring this calm and fair Snape, treating Harry as the children he is, not James' son
liliCartMan chapter 17 . 8/17/2016
oops! in putting looking for the Mark and the trial you have a point: two possible elements that would change Sirius' story in the canon. Beside Rowling contradicts herself too: at a certain point Sirius says "I saw (someone that I can't remember) at the trial for James' and Lily's death" but in another point he says "I was condemned without a trial".
Glad to see that Sev is capable of looking for a proof instead of calling a person bad, good, culprit... immediately, as he likes doing in the books. In the 3rd one Sev has the huge fault of wanting to give Dementors Sirius without listening to the Animagus' version, maybe in this version things are different because Black is already in jail and Sev must face the legal matter of the godfather? I like it and after all, Sirius is showing his reasons not to join Voldemort, even if a doubt is coming: is he speaking so badly about what Pettigrew was at school, because of the rage for having Pettigrew betrayed him, or did already the teenage Sirius have a so low opinion about Pettigrew?
HA HA HA HAAAAA! take this you filthy traitor son of a b**** let's see if you like Azkaban!
SIRIUS oooh please let's not speak about female dogs
SNAPE (chuckles)
ME mmm! I could have still the idea of calling you Filius Canius (pun...) back, for calling you Snape Snivellus
SNAPE so strong...
ME: I am keeping an eye on you both!
liliCartMan chapter 4 . 8/17/2016
no call to the police? an interesting point, that could be an idea: analizing the Dursleys' reaction to Harry's disappearing
the newspaper :D :D :D :D :D and well, Snape can't be the idiot we know yet, with Harry who showed a mere, genuine child curiosity and no more (the "arrogance" and "laziness" that Severus says in the books). Especially, I like the teacher's calm attitude in this first day, and giving Harry some attention and something to introduce the child properly to magic: the book, basic information as much as I see in ch.5 too...
liliCartMan chapter 2 . 8/17/2016
mmm what a pleasure is seeing Severus being calm and without the usual bias against Harry: nice idea, this of making him interact with Harry without knowing the child yet and now that he discovered who Harry is, what should he do? judge the boy by his attitude? he hasn't seen it yet, vs Hogwarts (UHM! at Hogwarts actually he had already decided was a little James, attitude or not...). by his parents? it would be a terrible point, maybe coherent with Severus, maybe not
bookworm661 chapter 22 . 5/17/2016
This is really good. I hope you are able to update soon. I want to know what happens next. How does Lucius react to Sirius' release? Does Draco meet Harry and if so how do they get along? What is Harry's reaction to the Weasleys and the Burrow? Will he meet Hermione before Hogwarts?
Serpent91 chapter 22 . 3/28/2016