Reviews for Parting Doesn't Mean Goodbye Forever
crystal chapter 4 . 4/1/2014
PPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEE UUUUUUUPPPPPDDDDDAAAAAATTTTTTTTTEEEEEEE!1! PLEASE!
sethkleinburg chapter 4 . 6/23/2013
Frederick and Polka forever! Please update soon!
Chloe chapter 4 . 5/6/2013
It is true that Frederic looks around the same age as Jazz and Crescendo,, but from the credits on the ps3 version,, he stated that his form in the dream world is much different than in reality.. That could insinuate that he might not be able to age now that he"d died in our world,, or he"ll age more slowly now.. I see the whole thing with Allegretto is just a insult to his pride,, and he honestly does not know how to deal with it.. But the thing that upsets me is that people are so against Frederic and Polka,, even though it does happen in different cultures.. Hell,, look at Erik and Christine from Phantom of the Opera.. Their age gap is further apart than Frederic"s and Polka,, and yet people like them together.. Even in the book,, Christine had Erik"s son.. I actually love this story,, and am currently contemplating the thought of writing a oneshot or two of FredericxPolka..Pease write more as soon as you can! _
Yondaime300 chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
I adore your story so far, and is it bad for me to say i love the pairing of frederic and polka? so please write more
WhimsicalMayhem chapter 4 . 11/6/2012
This is really great! I cant wait to read more.
JellyBeans992 chapter 4 . 8/12/2012
I happened to like this fanfic! Mostly because I am pro FredericxPolka, and I always thought they should be together instead. There is the age factor, but obviously you are well aware of that. However, don't let that stop you! Especially if you are passionate about your writing. I hope you update soon!
Justin T. Melanson chapter 4 . 8/3/2012
Hey, I was told about this fic by someone who happened to be a big Eternal Sonata fan like me, so I had to go check it out. I also checked out the reviews, and upon reading the fic itself, I think sunquanofwu actually pegs the critiques I have for this. Like them, I am not a fan of this Frederic x Polka pairing, partially due to the age gap. But also, I noticed that you have characters acting completely out of character to vindicate this pairing. I'll state a couple examples.

1. Viola - No offense, but you totally turned her into a vindictive bitch. Almost made me hate her as a character after reading this. It's as if you made her hate Allegretto for no good reason other than his shadowed past, and that is NO good reason to hate a person at all. I can tell you used her character to vindicate your idea of a Frederic x Polka coupling. In the game she was not this vindictive bitch you're making her out to be at all. She poked fun at Allegretto, absolutely, but she never outright hated his guts at all.

2. Allegretto - This is one that really irks me. First off, he is not a temper-tantrum throwing brat. If anything, in the PS3 version it was shown clear as day that he truly cared for Polka and worried about her very well being. For instance, he took her hand when the party walked across Cabasa bridge for the first time, and tried to rescue her after the second encounter with Tuba on the same bridge, but the water current took him away before he could grab her hand again, and worried about her well being before the events of Adagio Swamp. I am sure there's more to come too. I do know of the ending, and that HE was the one who embraced Polka when she was reborn. He certainly was not afraid of a confrontation, that's for damn sure, and is not a coward either.

Honestly, you have talent, but why waste it on something that could be classified as a couple things, crack pairing and hate fic? Because you didn't like a character? That's fine, we're all entitled to opinions, mine just happens to disagree with yours completely. Still, I hope you consider re-writing this, maybe pair Frederic with Viola for a more believable couple as opposed to this pairing.
sunquanofwu chapter 4 . 8/2/2012
Okay, we certainly have an interesting little fanfic here, the writing style is well done, but honestly I am certainly no fan of Frederic x Polka as a couple, their age gap alone is a major turn-off here, and could in my books qualify as a crack pairing. The wholw Fredolka (as I am gonna call it) coupling simply doesn't fly with me.

Also, Allegretto does have extra screen time on the PS3 version that solidifies the budding relationship he and Polka have going on, and actually turns him into a much more likeable character, I already liked him from when I met him anyway, the fact that he was a Robin Hood-esque character from the moment they say "Go!" and that he worried about Polka after Tuba's suicide attempt from Cabasa bridge? And I am sure there is more to follow, that kinda gives you a sign that yes he DOES have a heart, and yes he DOES care about her. Same goes for Polka concerning Allegretto too, it's obvious that love grew between the two during the game on the PS3 version.

So yeah, I like that you kept them in character for the most part, just turned off by the Fredolka idea you got going on.
RKF22 chapter 4 . 7/30/2012
very well done loving it i have the ps3 version tooo so i wont spoil nother anyway good update cant wait for more and love viola is helping polka keep it up
RKF22 chapter 2 . 7/12/2011
just figured i would say PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! UPDATE SOON LOL
Jellyspoons chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
...uh...Fred is 39 and Polka is 14...uh...
RKF22 chapter 3 . 12/26/2009
great story so far age doesnt matter if its true love keep up the great work
RKF22 chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
great story so far i agree polka and fredrick forever great story so far keep it up
Random Reviewer chapter 3 . 12/16/2009
I like this fic a lot. Frederic is my favorite character so I would like to see more of him. I don't know how I feel about the Polka/Frederic pairing. He's old enough to be her father. But if you can make it believable then I won't have a problem with it.

Keep Updating!
I.C.2014 chapter 3 . 12/8/2009
I'm with you. I hated Serenade as soon as I found out that she was a Forte spy. I felt sorry for Crescendo. But I'm glad that she's out of his life. Keep up the good work and I hope that you update soon.