Reviews for Broken Boy Soldier
Marie Vulffe chapter 4 . 11/6/2011
Can't believe i never added this to my faves list when i first read it forever ago...just thought I'd drop a line saying how much i still enjoy this story.

This and its prequel are brilliantly done, giving us Nolan-verse fans an unhealthy dose of a gritty, back-against-the-wall Harley. Her metamorphosis was thrilling and agonizing to witness. Having that confrontation with Bats at the very end was genius, leaving it so that we can only imagine what new - and rebooted - hijinks these two will get up to. Bravo!

I really hope that you do more Dark Knight work. All of your stuff is freaking awesome. 3
Eat Them chapter 4 . 5/27/2011
wow thats just... Perfect. It really made me think about what id do in her situation...
neverlasting-legend chapter 4 . 9/10/2010
Yummy! Harleen's decent to madness was even more so entertaining then your portrayal of Jack's decent.
MightyMouseSinger chapter 2 . 4/7/2010
Oh, so wonderful. Just perfectly scratched my itch for some manipulative insanity. I appreciate your note about how Ledger and Hamill's different characters meld in your mind - the letter Mr J leaves Quinn in Chapter 2 sounds like Hamill to me, the words like Ledger. Oh, how I like that.

I hope you keep on writing, I very much enjoy following your work!
scriptrixlatinae chapter 4 . 3/4/2010
I think it would be interesting to see what Harley and the Joker do in their down time...if they have any down time from causing mayhem, that is. But surely they have to sleep and eat at some point, right? And even go to the bathroom?

I'm sorry I ignored this story for so long, even if it isn't from one of my favorite movies. I should have known better than to ignore anything you'd written.
Miss.Silly.Sparrow chapter 4 . 12/8/2009

I have to say, ‘P.S.- Harleen Quinzel is: slightly malicious when she’s cranky.’ is pretty much my favourite quote now. haha

Really well done. I think it's clever that you're splitting up the stories, their meeting being one separate event having it's own plot and turning point and ect. while having her struggle as a story in and of itself.

I'd love to see snippets and continuing stories of their shenanigans in the future, if you're thinking about doing any more :)

question: is there one person you could see pulling off the role of Harley Quinn? and I mean YOUR Harley, (I know she's based off the character, but I think when we write things we put a bit of ourselves in them). and maybe not just acting wise, but looks as well. Is there a face of Harley Quinn? chapter 3 . 12/6/2009
Well, I might feel sorry for Mr. Crane in chapter 3... except that he was so evil in The Dark Knight that I only have cold feelings for the Scarecrow now. Can't seem to feel the same sympathy that I used to for him.

I wanted Harley to say how ironic it was - the first person she stabbed with her new knife was herself. But although she seems to realize how ironic this is, she never stated that as a lovely reason why Harleen Quinzel was fading away and Harley Quinn was winning. It seemed almost symbolic to me ;) chapter 2 . 12/6/2009
"It seemed hard to give such an eccentric and twisted man such a gentle emotion but, as with all things, Mr. J expressed affection the only way he knew how: boldly and violently." Whoa. That was awesome. I always felt a little bit badly for the innocent/devious/cute Harley... She gets beaten up, and she somehow manages to make it adorable. But she was still getting beaten up by a psychopathic clown.

Except in your story, it almost makes sense. He's just expressing his affection... hahaha! Ah, we will all spiral down the same hill that Harleen does, if we read this story too closely. chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Holy crud. I have never read a story about Harley/Joker before. I remember loving Harley when she first appeared on BTAS, in early 1990s. But... But... I think the movie-makers working on a sequel for the Dark Knight need to read your story. Or else what they produce won't be as cool.
Skyrere chapter 4 . 12/5/2009
wow. that was awesome. freakishly satisfying and I loved every moment of it.

Great Job.
chisora chapter 4 . 12/5/2009
This really did end perfectly! I love how it was all pulled in together at the end, and having Batman there was a must I'm sure. I hope you do write more for this, even if they're just oneshots or something, but I'd love to see how you would have them continue!
flamethrowerqueen chapter 4 . 12/5/2009
FANTASTIC! God, that was so great! I've been anticipating these chapters every step of the way, and you delivered with a BIG bang. Harley Quinn stormed the Police Station from the inside and made it to the object of this twisted but oh-so titillating romance. ) Thank you so much for this, Mallory!
BreathOfNocte chapter 4 . 12/5/2009
Being that, when I still watched The Animated Series, I was far more enamored with Batman than Mr. J., it took me a while to see the blending - though, after a refresher jaunt of animated Batmanny-goodness, I am quite thrilled with your meld.

And I must add that I am equally delighted with your representation of Mr. J and Harley's relationship - poor darling, getting tossed on her face every few minutes. Which is probably why it's so much more FUN to play around with the men - females are quite obnoxiously... feminine, sometimes. Murderous male fruitcakes rarely spend time whining about how she's not paying enough attention to him, I've noticed.
keske chapter 4 . 12/5/2009
bud and lou! what precious little babies!
Miss.Silly.Sparrow chapter 3 . 12/4/2009
WHAT! NOT fair!

I know you said it would be a cliff hanger, but I mean COME ON!

ugh, but if you must then by all means.

Seriously, this is amazing. Even reading it gets my adrenaline going, I feel like I could go out and be badass and kill someone... then I realize that's generally frowned upon and decide not to.

But honestly, I loved the cat and mouse thing, and I think it was well balanced and not too rushed but not so drawn out that it feels over-written. I'm a relatively picky reader, but rubbish at writing, so I mean, my judgement may or may not be something to take seriously haha but yeah

I'm waiting quite anxiously for chapter four :D