Reviews for Breathing Again
AlmaSparrow chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
This is exactly how I imagine their relationship to be. Wonderful.
marinka chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
this is so beautiful.. I love DG but LG just have this elegance to it that other pairing doesn't. I hope things better with you health-wise.
purple-lightening chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Wow.

That was completely amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed every single word. Rowan must have adored this one-shot as a gift because it surpasses perfect in every way.

I have to say you write G/L very well and I do wish you'd think about writing a G/L centric fic in the foreseeable future. I know 'Domino' has the pairing in it but Ginny doesn't really love Lucius in that, but is in love with his son. It is a tinsy bit disturbing how you can sleep with a man and be in love with the son of the same man. That isn't meant as an insult because I think, from what I've read of your work, you write slightly twisted scenarios in a very enthralling and refreshing way. Anyway, I've kind of moved off the point now.

This I think is an excellent piece. Every sentence was crafted beautifully and one thing I personally liked was the camaraderie you forged between Draco and Ginny. I like that they care for each other in a non-romantic way. When he referred to her as 'Mother' that had me LOL'ing.

Your Lucius was great. I think he may even rival Rowan's Lucius, and we all know how great she writes him. Just don't tell her I said that. ;)

Overall a very well executed L/G fic with a nice premise and a satisfying end.

-Maria :)
illusion2411 chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
One of the Best Ginny & Lucius story that I've ever read. Keep up the good work! X)
Electryone chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
This was nice-I can totally picture this happening in a relationship between Lucius and Ginny. I also like Draco-he made me giggle when he called Ginny "Mother" but I thought it was rather nice how he comforted her. And I'm completely not surprised by Lucius being jealous of his son.

I'd love to see a prequel to this about how Ginny and Lucius got together in the first place and what Draco thought about their relationship in the beginning.
krisV chapter 1 . 3/28/2010
this story is great, and i think this could make a great chapter story, there is so much you could do to it, like show how they started or what happened after this.
Linnn chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
I was just visiting your profile cause I liked the stories you wrote and I simply assumed everything was D/G after scrolling through some of them AND I WAS SO HORRIBLY SHOCKED ah I simply cannot stand Lucius he's so disgusting. This was nicely written though, and I like how Draco was portrayed. So funny and so him-ish. Though I wish Draco was her husband instead but then again if it was like that there wouldn't be this nice funny Draco in this story and I know I'm not making much sense but well, this was quite, in fact, nicely written. Though my prejudice against Lucius is still unwavering.
LittleRedOne chapter 1 . 1/18/2010
I never really had much interest in Lucius/Ginny, but this one was really great. I like that it started right off in the middle of their relationship because, quite frankly, I'm not sure if I read something about the two of them falling in love I'd much believe it. I thought the interaction between Draco and Ginny was awesome. I liked they way their stepmother/son relationship/friendship worked. As peculiar as I find the idea of Lucius and Ginny, I really liked seeing the way you wrote them interact. I could almost see something working between them the way you wrote it. You wrote out wonderfully Lucius's general lack of emotional display while still portraying his fondness for Ginny. Great job!
occasionally-maybe-never chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
Kim, I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to get around to reviewing this! You should see my invox, it's jammed up with all the stories I've been meaning to review for months.

However, the story.

I loved the relationship you captured between Lucious and Ginny, you kept them both beautifully in character and pulled off the 'aloofness' of Lucius perfectly. As if you'd of done anything else. _~

She was all heart and emotion, and he―he was impenetrable. - I loved this line, it summed up the two character beautifully, and in as few words as possible, which I love.

Now, Draco. I absolutley adored him here, especially when he flippantly reffers to Ginny as 'Mother'.

I really did enjoy this so much, there is quite the age gap between my sister and her partner and you captured the difficulties of that here realistically. Fantastic, as always.

Emma
rowan chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
"It feels like the kind of thing that would happen in the RL lives of the rich and wealthy. "

*scoffs*

I apologize for this sentence. You know what I meant. u_u

Also, my favorite line of dialogue:

"Don’t trouble yourself with coming up with an excuse, my dear,” interposed her husband smoothly. “I know how difficult it is for you.”

Oh, snap!

*"Absurd child,” said Lucius softly, yet a small smile lingered on his lips.

Ginny felt her heart warm at the affectionate rejoinder, knowing that it was as close to an “I love you” as she was going to get.*

Ok, that part was all L/G :D
rowan chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Hello, Kim!

I finally got smart and found a way to review again. Sorry about before, I got out all of the preamble but none of the substance of the actual review, so of course I had to come back. Thanks for replying, . Where was I? Oh, yes.

I was saying that you did a great job characterizing Lucius, and I can understand where the conflict in this fic arises from; they ARE very different, in almost every aspect. Therein lies the charm. In this case those differences were too great and threathened to overwhelm them and break their fragile bond. Again, I can get that, and it's totally plausible. My one beef with this story is Ginny. Every good Gryff has a bit of Puffle in them, deep within their heart; I should know. u_u

That said, I thought Ginny was TOO Puffle. That girl needs a backbone. All that crying and whining, all the insecurity and all the apologies. I couldn't help but wonder what a man like Lucius saw in her to begin with. She doesn't sound like she grew up with six brothers, two of whom are Fred and George; 'nuff said.

I have to say, it was very amusing to me to see two big bad Slyths turned into putty in the hands of such a creature. *smirks*

I really liked how you described Lucius. I liked that part about the other woman, the expensive whore. It sounds just like Lucius to have kept a woman like that until the time he found the next one worthy enough to be his wife. I got a very realistic feel out of that whole situation. Out of the whole fic, to be honest. It feels like the kind of thing that would happen in the RL lives of the rich and wealthy.

The best part of this fic was Draco. His characterization was charming, with just the right amount of snark and sweetness to keep him in character and make him a source of comic relief. I loved his "mother!" stunt; I can totally see that happening, should Ginny and Lucius marry. I did roll my eyes a bit at the part of "he threw a brotherly arm around her shoulder", but I know it was necessary; I was starting to be suspicious myself. I know you wanted to regale me with an L/G fic, but the truth is I found myself rooting for Draco and Ginny in this one. I mean, seriously, their chemistry was blatantly obvious, and I believe that Ginny and Lucius are married in this fic only becaue they said they were. There's no denying that you are a D/G writer, my friend, and one of the best of them.

What I most enjoyed about this story was your flawless writing. There's something almost Austen-ian about your style, the clarity of your narrative and the aesthetics of your sentences. It's really pleasing to the eye to just let it roll along and have this story unfold for you. It's polished like a shiny apple, all round and smooth and with no bumps on it, know what I mean? The writer in me is honored to have such a lovely piece of writing dedicated to me, the D/G shipper in me is demanding a sequel in which Draco and Ginny realize that they are madly in love with each other, and the L/G fan in me is...hmm. :P

Thanks so much! It's still December 13 on my side of the planet, so happy birthday to you! Once again, thank you for your lovely gift. I am honored.

~Rowan _
starlit skyes chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Oh, I really enjoyed this, Kim!

I love your Lucius. He seems such an arrogant bastard! :D That's why I love him, you know. And I'm slightly loopy at the moment, so forgive me if something in this review doesn't seem to make sense.

Except, it's hard to imagine she actually loved him. Ginny does seem a bit, well, soft. I'd have liked her to stand up for herself a little better.

Your Pansy guest thing was very realistic. I mean, I could see it happening, and it happens, too, even in RL, so often. I related to Ginny there.

I loved Draco's "mother" thing! I liked that whole thing, actually, the conversation between them, and all. I like how you managed to keep Draco in character, and make him adorable all the same.

"“Well, Ginevra, you have surprised me,” said Lucius, his voice deceptively pleasant. “I did wonder if you had a lover, but it never occurred to me that you would go with my own son.”"

Nice!

My only problem with this is Ginny, like I said.

All in all, a very cool fic. Great job!
rowan-greenleaf chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
My dear Kim:

First off, my apologies for not having read this sooner! I wasn't able to due to RL issues, but I assure you that the prospect of reading it was the same as that of knowing that there's a delicious slice of triple chocolate cake in the refrigerator with your name on it. Especially because I had an inkling that, since it was a birthday present for moi, it would be a Lucius/Ginny fic. .

Secondly, THANK YOU. Thanks so much, my dear. I was hoping for a birthday fic, but didn't have the gall to ask for it, you understand. So really, thank you!

And now to the review proper:

First off, my second-favorite pairing EVER, yay! :D I liked your characterization of Lucius very very much. I understand the driving force, the concept of the fic very well. Because Lucius is the impenetrable Slyth type, because he can be so cold and unreadable, and so snarky and downright bitchy, it's true, it would be easy to see how this would come in the way of a romantic relationship, especially with a Gryff, who is almost the exact opposite of a Slyth in this sense.

Oh, oops! Busted, I'm at work! *runs*

Will continue this review privately. THANKS! :D
Jack Tamara chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
haha, i actually like L/G fics as well. (it's something about those malfoy men with their blond hair and grey eyes, i'm telling you!) I actually got introduced to it by rowan, even though she doesn't know it. and now, whenever it's her birthday, i get to read some nice L/G fics. ANyways, about the story, I think you did a lovely job. Definitely spot on characterization of lucius, though i can see why he might think that ginny was marrying for his money if she overspent her allowance on one measley dress. half way through i thought maybe this would end up d/g, but i'm glad it ended up l/g. you should definitley think about writing a bit more for the l/g ship! ANyways, good job!
raspberry-rave chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
I really liked this, Kim. I don't ship L/G, but this fic was very entertaining. It probably helps that it was the most light-hearted L/G fic I've read ever. lol. I even like how you brought in Draco, even though my inner D/G fangirl was wailing in despair. ;)

They are both so prideful and insecure that it makes for interesting drama. I like how you took two of the most confident characters and gave them realistic weaknesses. _