Reviews for What Feeds the Fire
Mug of Doodles chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
wow...i know im late on this story but it was completely amazing. those transitions between his time with keith back home and nick in the apocalypse were so smooth. showing him happy to sorrowful to apathetic worked out great.
Wolfe chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
So beautiful - so much angst. 3

Your writing is fantastic.
Mimi chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Oh my... this is beautifully written! I loved each part and was intrigued throughout the whole story.
Canix Manix chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I'm not entirely sure I have words to do this justice.

All I can really think to say is that you literally made me cry.

I could feel my eyes tearin' up through the whole of it, but right towards the end there... Man, I just couldn't keep it all in. My chest felt hollow and kinda numb and I actually cried over this.
Lemon Wine chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
This was fantastic,

I always figured Ellis wasnt as happy go lucky as he tried to be,

and it was nice to see ya put a little back story incentive to it :)
OukamiYasha chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Seriously? Dude, that was BEAUTIFUL! I almost cried. Keep writing, you're definitely amazing.
Dichotomous-Dragon chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Wow..again, lol.

"Yes, for me. Go to sleep, you dipshit.” Best line EVER. So very Nick!

Great job!
Tunazap chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
There are no words to describe how your writing makes me feel. So far, I had to brace my self for heartache D: I knew they wouldn't be perfect happy endings, and that's what I love about your writing. I am in love with your Keith, and like everyone else, you make him seem so real; all of them really. I would like to see a happy story from you though, still with that desperate feel your stories have, but not as painful.

But whatever you decide to do next, I'll read. You got me hooked.
I eat paste chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
You made me cry...I read this fic twice and it's just so good. I love everything about this, the descriptions are so poetic!
Fredy chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
I am honestly jealous of how well you write *shakes fist*

but all i can think that sums up this fic is: beautiful.

Don't stop the EllisxNick stories. They are amazing and far better than most of the other ones out there
syntic chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
I can't tell you how much I appreciate having read a fic with such a convincing Keith. He's loving and so incredibly human that it's understandable why Ellis is always talking about him.

Despite having Keith in this story, you've blended his presence so well into the survivors' situation that Nick doesn't have to go into some sort of immature jealous rage. However, with the exception of Epiphany, your work always incorporates the sense of subtle love shared between Nick and Ellis; to the point that it doesn't even feel like a romance has developed until they do actions that are specifically romantic. This writing style is extremely effective in diverting the reader's attention to something more important than a cliche love-drama, and it's very difficult to achieve. I love it.

Please, please keep up the excellent work. You're my favorite L4D2 author here.
Zom chapter 1 . 12/5/2009
I had to submit a review to one of these stories. Normally I'm too lazy, but this has spurred me into action, haha.

You are a fantastic writer, and so good at creating emotion with your writing. I cried after reading Yellow Pulse. I smiled a little to myself after reading Deliverance. After the sad end to Epiphany and What Feeds the Fire, I felt sick in the pit of my stomach, upset and unhappy. Your writing does this, and it's incredible.

Keep writing, because you have a talent and I get excited whenever I see something new by you. It's a strange thing to admit, but your stories make me feel more than I usually feel anything; I'm not an emotional person at all, yet you've managed to move me with everything you've written. (Admittedly I've only read the L4D2 stuff so far, but once I have the time, I'll absolutely have to read everything else.)

TL;DR: Your writing is awesome, you are a hottie, and ILU.
Mare chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
Well done! I don't see this as too sad of a story. Fitting, I think. There won't be a lot of happy during a zombie apocalypse. Any who, I really enjoyed the development between Ellis and Keith, as well as Ellis slowly coming to terms with (acknowledging?) what has happened during the present. Awesome job.
Summergale chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
Oh man, this is awesome.

I can't say much that hasn't been said already!
StarkLovesShawarma chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
Once again, amazing story. This made me cry, again. I loved it. Your discription of Keith sounded exactly as mine did,:). This was great. Again, too amazing to give a rating. Well done. (And my favorite part was when Keith kissed Ellis in the rain. It was just beautiful.)