Reviews for Finding May
Anne chapter 20 . 5/23
This was hands down the best jalex fanfic! I love your writing style! btw, i read this entire series in one go! And its like 1 am now! Good job friend!:)
Emperor's Sister chapter 11 . 1/11
Hola

This chapter has a lot of Juliets where there should be Veronicas.
starry eyed dreamers chapter 20 . 11/24/2013
I can't... I've been stalking your stories today and they are so depressing... in a good way, though. even though i hate conflict i loved this story andthe twist, and i'm just kind of sad that this, and your victorious fics, and all will never happen.
And although i don't know the latest fandoms you are writing, I love your writing and will try to review some of the stories i didnt. Sorry about the bad capitalization it's really late and i'm kind of brain dead...
TMI pixie chapter 20 . 11/18/2013
OMG awesome story! Loved it ! One of the best wowp Fics ever!
OriginallyUnknown chapter 20 . 7/8/2013
I just love this story so much and I have to say it is one of the best stories I have read here on fan fiction. I have read it many times over the past few years and I enjoy it thoroughly each time. It's a beautiful story, you did an amazing job!
MyTime2Shine chapter 20 . 7/7/2013
Yayyyyyyyyyyy! *does happy dance* Ok, seriously, this was SO good! I had my suspicions about who May was and when I found out I was right I was like 'OH SCHNAP!' The adoption was a big shocker though! When I read it I was like, 'Oh. My. Miley Cyrus.' O.O The plot was so well thought out! You my friend, are a true mastermind...A job well done! x a jillion :)
MyTime2Shine
Ps. Maybe you can drop a review to my story? I'm still new here so it's not as good as yours, but yeah, I try! XD
ReadingIsSexy15 chapter 20 . 3/7/2013
So...how does justin look like sam then?
beastmode chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
pixiestix16 is a douch
Dear Mr. Granger chapter 20 . 7/1/2012
This was gorgeous, I absolutely loved it! :)
Island chapter 20 . 2/13/2012
Thanks for the story. (:
Anonymous chapter 20 . 1/31/2012
... wow. I mean, just... WOW!

Is that 'Deus Ex Machina' I hear?

Why, yes. Yes it is.

However I'll actually let that slide, partially because of how awesome the rest of the story's been (you're quite the writer ) and partially because I'm a sucker for happy endings.

Totally worth my time.
pixiestix16 chapter 5 . 11/22/2011
so, I can handle sifting through some of the lesser quality lines you write in search the the better ones that form and overall picture of a good story. this line sounds harsh, but seriously, I am not flaming you story - i just think that in the rush to get your plot out, you sometimes forget to make sure your characters sound as intelligent as you imagine them to be, and give them slightly slow inner musings. however, i do have a serious problem with your city choices... it doesn't matter whether you've been there or not, you do yourself no service when you choose places like paris and new york, yet fail to give any further reason... no indication of WHY you thought such strong cities, cities with their own personalities, were necessary to get your point across. yes, her mother is a painter, but that doesn't mean she has to live in paris. the part about her going to an american school in paris was a nice touch, but still, a place like paris isn't a throw-away line - if you use it, you are kind of obligated to lat the character of paris play a part in your story. now, i could forgive your use (and lack of use) of paris, if you properly used new york. but the fact is that while you did try to intertwine new york into your story, and indeed did give some excellent (I say excellent not because they are accurate, that really doesn't matter, but you partially justified your use of new york as a character when you described waverly place, and involved subways and such... but more on that later) descriptions... but the problem still remains that you don't really do new york justice, in that really easily known, common knowledge fact about what makes new york new york are entirely overlooked. NYU is not a place for slackers - the tuition is expensive, as you correctly said, but it is actually quite a prestigious school, and someone who had trouble in school and failed subjects would most likely get in - even as an art or design major. (and on a side note, unrelated to my current criticism, you mention that alex moved to new york over two years ago to go to university, but then say she is 18 years old and a college freshman... which is weird. a small mistake, but it irked me). furthermore, cars and new york don't exactly mix - regardless of his ferrari, it would probably take infinitely more time to get around new york by car than by public transportation. "real new yorkers", as alex so fervently claims to be, are often quite proud of taking the subway, and you missed an opportunity there. in fact, even if alex disliked the subway system, you missed an opportunity to expand on her personality and her thoughts about new york beyond naming various epithets for NYC and noting it's vibrant nightlife. this also relates back to paris, which is by no means a small city itself. paris has an amazing subway system, which rivals new york. they both have trains galore, which she would have taken growing up, especially in paris! europe is riddled with rail systems, it's practically a right of passage to take the trains! the best i can come up with is that she lived way out in the suburbs of paris, but even then, she would have been raised a city-child... which brings me to my last comment specifically about cities: if alex had been raised in either paris or new york, and if she indeed did love new york so, she would have undoubtedly been exposed to the realities of city life, which is that there are some unpleasant undersides to any major city. unless she's blair waldorf, she's seen thugs in new york, and most likely paris. Boston, still a major city but in now way notorious for it's dark underworld, would not be the first place she encountered drunken fools, gangs, or muggers. alex gasping something along the lines of "you don't think they have *gangs* here, do you?" is ridiculous. she might be rattled, in fact most people world, but a girl raised in cities like paris and new york would at least have some semblance of how to handle herself, or at the very least be somewhat aware of her surroundings as she walks through the city at night (or rather sometimes around 10 or 11pm, as they left the hotel at 9pm... a curfew that is ridiculous, but that's another story...), and know that if she walks into the rough side of town she might be dealing with some unsavory characters. these criticisms all culminate into one major problem: you don't seem capable of killing your darlings. look this up, if you do not know what it means, as i'm sure someone out there on the vast internet will do a better job than i am about to. you seem to have an issue of picking things (cities, ferraris, etc) for your story that really add very little or in fact hinder your story because you do not know how to handle them you use them as throw-away lines (what girl hasn't wanted to live in paris or new york? they seem wonderful! this doesn't mean you must use them in your story), or they simply do not fit in your story. but you're attached. you love the idea of paris. you love the idea of a farrari, and it's immediate connotation with wealth - it does all the work for you, in one word, rather than you having to imagine up a detailed story of how to realistically and accurately describe how a rich person goes through life. however, your darlings are only doing a disservice to you. if a girl grows up in paris, she will most liekly be steeped in aprisian culture - if she is not, you must describe why. you cannot simply decide, hey, i want one of my characters to come from a cool place like paris, and then have the only line actually relevant to paris involve the character explaining away her lack of accent by saying she went to an american school. there was a bit about teh new york subways that came so close to greatness - you described hobos, chili ruined orange dresses, not having your own seat - but this is dashed by your complete lack of really describing anything else about the city with imagination. you can't excuse your use of new york in teh story simply by saying disney did it (even disney brings up the russo's not having a car, and having angry neighbors, and other things that make it new york. they don't do a spectacular job, but it does appear the writers are trying at least a little to make their story grounded in such a big, written-about, well-known city) because you repeatedly talk about how alex lives this city, how the city never sleeps, yada yada, and so forth. you have chosen to make the city of new york a character in your story, and with such a full character comes great responsibility. you can't just use the romanticized version of new york for a moment and then toss it aside when you'd rather not deal with it. this said, you do handle the scene in the park with the kissing quite well, so i know you can write a descriptive scene about a real place (real in the sense that all the comments about it in your story agree, and also allow it to be a place in the real world. it doesn't matter if this place DOES exist, but you've described it in such a way that it COULD exist.). in any hand, you've done alright by new york in some places, even if there are glaring gaps in your story where alex seems to have grown up on a small farm in iowa or mars or something, rather than paris and new york. my main issue is with paris, as i really don't see why you chose, other than it was the first place you thought of. look at trueblood - a sotyr doesn't have to take place in a big, world-renowned city for it to be important or interesting. sometimes it's easier to make up a city no one's ever heard of, so you can design it to fit your needs. because when you take on a place like boston, paris, or new york, you have just decided to play with a character much bigger than any story any writer could hope to dream up. you have taken on a some sort of monster, with fangs and a tail. and you can decide what part of this monster you want to show (gossip girl deals with a romanticized, fairy-tale version of what money in new york looks like on the upper east side, other shows or stories talk about it's grime, poverty, and hopelessness, new york has many facets from drag queens and broadway to hard knocks to fast lives of teenagers to the snobby art scene to an old jewish couple who own a deli... it's a damn cornocopia spilling with stories to be told), but you can't simply say "hey, look at how awesome this beast is", mention one thing about it's eight eyes, and then go on telling a story where this beast is nowhere to be found and has now real influence on the characters. if you wanted a plain backdrop on which to paint your story, you shouldn't have chosen as richly pigmented cities as paris or new york. they are not to be incorporated into stories lightly, only to be dropped at whim. these cities are big, bold choices. if paris (i'll ignore new york, and allow you it, seeing as the show is set there - although honestly, i shouldn't, as many people leave the character in ewn york without ever mentioning new york, and thereby do not have to face such a beast as new york, wisely leaving to other writers what they cannot or do not which to handle in a given story) is your darling, if it seems like a wonderful, fanciful, amazing place, then great. if you want to have one of your characters grow up there from age 2 til she's a teenager, fabulous. but you can't drop paris like it's a starbuck's receipt, something insubstantial and common. paris is huge. paris is a city that marks you. and even if it doesn't paris is SEEN as a city that marks you, a city that changes you, that shapes who you are as a person. if it doesn't effect who you grow up to be, then there had better be a good goddamn reason, and the audience had better be told (or, if the writer chooses, the audience can be curious about it, with this big, eventually explained, mystery about why paris did not mold a character) why. you can't pick something just because you like it. I'm out of space, PM me if you want
doggylover99 chapter 20 . 9/13/2011
This is an absolutely wonderful story! Please excuse me while I go read it again :)
Slytherin's Gossip Girl chapter 11 . 8/9/2011
I love your story! This would actually have made a great crossover story with Gossip Girl, you know as Alex's dad being like Bart Bass or something to make it more interesting but this is good.
anon chapter 20 . 7/25/2011
This was well written, and the [insert whatever] things had me laughing.

During the whole 'Who is May?' search I was going "ITSHERMOM" but I didn't think you would pull the adoption card. Yay, awesome story.