Reviews for Of Love and Lobsters
Nelly chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
this was so adorable! i think i laughed while reading the entire thing. jehan is just a darling 3
Punchy chapter 1 . 6/15/2013
"Courfeyrac, you have debauched my lobster!"
I can HEAR that happening! Oh my, I just adore your writing, it's just perfect. This could be an omitted scene from the the Brick, honest to God. Please do something with Jehan and Courfeyrac? All your characterisations are spot on, but I've a wee soft spot for those two. Many kisses
Guest chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
I. Love. You.
This is beyond funny! My favourite line; " Why should I let society tell me that buttons ought to go in opposing buttonholes?" So Jean! Off to read your other work now! Kisses
Bobcat Moran chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Oh my gosh, just the vision of Jehan and his lobster, with the yellow ribbon leash is going to be enough to crack me up whenever I go by the seafood department for weeks to come, I am sure. Marius's ridiculous delight in hearing, "Papa is that a lobster?" was just icing on the cake.
Almost an Actress chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
That's so cute! *Waves hooves around* You're a GREAT writer! Jehan is such a cute little fop. :)
Autumn Moon Fae chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
OH, JEHAN. Can I marry you?
Cascaper chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
My god, the whole story is "a manifestation of love"- your love for writing Les Amis in the most ridiculous of situations. I adore Jehan and Hébert III wholeheartedly! "He had a monster on the end of the leash!" And the ending string of "let people express themselves however" statements culminating in a wrestling match... Oh Jehan. Yes, definitely my second favorite after Grantaire now. All because of you and your stories. Bravo!
Ruthibobs chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
Oh. My. God. Yes! This was perfect! I loved the characterization and the ideas and I now totally want a lobster as a pet.
Rosenkavalier chapter 1 . 1/14/2011
Jehan would totally adopt a lobster. Adorable! And I love Cosette and Valjean's little conversation.

"Papa, is that a lobster?"

I may be alone, but there are times when I think that Cosette is utterly cute. I'm allergic to shellfish, so I have no fear of eating Hérbert.

Now, I may be mistaken, but was there a Master and Commander reference in the end? There was time when Jack got Maturin's pet sloth drunk, to which Maturin exclaimed "Jack, you have debauched my sloth!" If so, that's awesome.
JestaAriadne chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
"Why should I let society tell me that buttons ought to go in opposing buttonholes?"

...Quite! Gah, this, the whole of this, is just one beautiful moment after the next, and I am left utterly delighted and somewhat dazed. Bonus points for Marius - "the overwhelming delight of hearing her say, 'Papa is that a lobster'" - awww. (Is it good or bad that your use of -punctuation- makes me squee a little?) *giggles and falls over*
Inspector Karamazov chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
"Courfeyrac, you have debauched my lobster!” Jehan exclaimed.

Oh my god. Priceless!

I want a pet lobster now.
Gizmobunny chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
I've been out of the LM fandom for awhile, but I'm so glad I decided to read this. It pretty much made my day _ Loved everything about it.
LesMisLoony chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
This fic. This is so precious that it had me googling "keeping lobsters as pets" because I decided I just needed to have one. And then I was explaining the fic to someone who knows nothing about Les Mis until she finally edged out of the room. Oh goodness. Just... wow. The scene with Marius "dithering" at the end of the street and Jehan was just... and then there was the thing with the fountain and the kids. I don't even know. I need to read this again. Your stuff is just too adorable. It's like nothing else in the fandom.
Xx.Triple A.xX chapter 1 . 12/11/2009
This story gets a rating of "fantabulastic delicious." Which can be translated as flat-out AWESOME. It's enough to make a girl wish she had her OWN pet lobster... though it's rather cold out at the moment so I fear he'd suffer the same fate as Hebert II.

Anyway, AWESOME. I'm faving it. And your Jehan, by the way, is adorable. I want one. :P
ColonelDespard chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
Your Prouvaire is, as ever, endlessly charming...de Nerval seems as good a source for inspiration for this sensitive character as du Seigneur, but you make him your own and an entirely new creation, lobster and all (although one pities the poor crustacean, living a Parisian lifestyle no lobster should have to endure...no wonder Hebert II kicked it before we got a chance to know him). Even Hebert I is endowed with buckets of charm, and one can see the theoretical appeal of a pet of this kind. It's such a delightful counterpart to Cary's illustrations!

Courfeyrac really *could* seduce Mephistopheles - a lobster would be no match for his charms. I'm amused that even he baulks at promenading with Jehan in his full Romantic attire. The cameos - like Louison and Enjolras, each in their own way accustomed to the shennanigans that go on and accepting - are also perfect.