Reviews for Surprises
Destrark chapter 2 . 5/17
From one of Oda's SBS, I don't think Usopp is allergic to anything, but he definitely hates mushrooms after getting food poisoning from some bad ones when he was younger.
Sesshomarusama3 chapter 4 . 2/7
These are all so great! I can't pick a favorite one!
ocean's pebble chapter 4 . 1/29
This is great! I like how you cycle through the characters, it's a nice way to tie the stories together.
Adelaide's Anagram chapter 4 . 9/9/2016
SUPER cool! Your writing is professional in execution, and your ideas are always ingenious - totally captivating. I'm grinning, I'm gaping, I'm gasping with laughter - I love it! Back before I had an account I read Mindshattered and it made quite the impression on me. I deeply admire the amount of thought and research you put into your writing, and how you use it in a way that doesn't overwhelm the story.

Nami's realization about Sanji - I liked this one, partially because as a girl I would treasure moments when I could see Sanji NOT acting like a verbose noodle around me. But also, you made me appreciate how well equipped Nami is to handle Sanji's strange boundaries and not be troubled by them.

Sanji's realization about Usopp - I'd forgotten how scary Sanji is... and Usopp really is an interesting kid, isn't he? But in cannon, didn't he argue with Sanji about eating mushrooms, since he ate a poisoned one as a kid and hates them now? (Or was that a fanfiction?)

Usopp about Franky - Thank you for sharing this, it helped me see Franky as a father too! And more insight into the surprisingly sensitive Usopp. I'm with him in that I have trouble imagining those two NOT fighting, and I'm actually a bit annoyed with their bickering as well. I blame Zoro mostly though. Sanji was pretty civil with him at first and is pretty obliging in general. But Zoro never acknowledged him and amused himself baiting him instead; if Zoro wasn't such a smug son-of-a-gun, I think Sanji would have liked having more camaraderie with him. Instead, his respect for Zoro's skill deteriorated into indignation and disgust for the brutish layabout. And I get that Zoro has a really different worldview than Sanji and doesn't understand him, but I'm mad that he just put him into a 'weird' category and couldn't be bothered to care. Jerk. *sigh* I suppose I should go read Franky's assurances again.

Franky and Zoro - Usopp realized things about the boys as well as Franky, but this way there's a pattern - I challenge you to write a realization of Zoro's next! Anyway, love the idea of a color-blind marimo. One of the reasons I think Zoro comes alive so well when you write him is all the body language you note - he's just as direct and clear with his non-verbal messages as his words.

I really liked these snapshots and have put them in my headcannon, and I'm definitely following this story so as not to miss any updates you give!
paintedbones chapter 4 . 7/3/2016
OMG, this is perfect, exactly what I wanted. You should do a one shot where Franky makes Zoro some corrective glasses, like the ones that exist today, so he can see color for once. I would cry reading that.
MawVax chapter 4 . 5/23/2016
I'm trying to read a second time but it doesn't loadPhone version
Saj te Gyuhyall chapter 4 . 4/25/2016
Heh, love this so far! I love it when people decide to flesh out characters a little. I especially love the last one, about colorblind!Zoro. Makes SO much sense.
MawVax chapter 4 . 3/24/2016
continueeeee
Guest chapter 3 . 11/14/2015
I loved the idea of Sanji and Zoro growing up to be best friends. It's too sweet :3

Everything was amazing, but I thought I'd just say that in this story you say (from Usopp's perspective, of course,) that Zoro was the oldest member of the crew before Robin and Franky joined. While he was older than the majority of the crew, Sanji actually has a few months on him - Sanji's birthday being in March, Zoro's being in November. Considering that November is after Sanji's birthday and both of them are 19 years old, Zoro is slightly younger. It's a weird thought, I know. XD

Loved it! Can't wait to read the last chapter and any others that have yet to come :)
SETOGIRL chapter 4 . 8/22/2015
I am in love with your writing style
Cant wait to see more
Wordlet chapter 4 . 5/25/2015
XD this whole fic is so sweet! But really, where's Luffy? Don't mark it complete yet! Keep going keep going, your going deep here!
Mystery Guest chapter 4 . 4/22/2015
Fabulous. As always. ;)

- Mystery Guest
Valdesa chapter 4 . 2/14/2015
Still enjoying your stories Just a thought: earlier, you said that Zoro was the oldest member of the crew before Franky joined. However, as far as I know, Sanji and Zoro are both nineteen at the start of the series, but Zoro's birthday is in November while Sanji's is in March; wouldn't that make Sanji older?

I don't usually review your stories because you ask for thoughtful reviews and I usually can't find anything useful to add. I hope this little nitpick is alright :)

Cheers!
Guest chapter 4 . 12/14/2014
Zoro being colorblind is now headcanon
BlatantBookworm chapter 4 . 10/24/2014
I like this idea, that Zoro's colourblind. It makes perfect sense to me. And I especially like the idea that the main reason it's completely driven home to him is Sanji's insults.

I have no idea if you're still writing this or not, but if you are, I can't wait to see what you come up with next, and if you're not, well I enjoyed reading it anyway.