Reviews for Lyin' Eyes
GrandpasGuitars chapter 1 . 12/4/2009
Wow. I must admit, even though Shawn through his pity party in the end, I couldn't sympathize too much with him. He's doing to John squared what Bret did to him, (and he exposed others like Chris to the same behavior) and none of them are reacting like he did. They are victims, and Shawn is using his bad situation to excuse being a regular bully. It's like the kid who tries to excuse picking on a skinny kid because his father degraded him day after day.

But I loved it. So often John gets cast as the villian (Jibbs, not Cena) that seeing Shawn was a welcome change. And he's such a good villian... who remembers the original Heartbreak Kid anymore?

Great work.
EroSenin'sDeciplesKJT chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
And you know what? This is about how I figured Shawn would be. This was sad but the evil, vindictive part of me can't help but laugh at John and...John. LOL Fools. They don't call him the Heartbreak Kid for nothing.

I swear I'm convinced Bret and Shawn were lovers. They just HAD to be dammit! *huffs* Um...haha *end rant*

The lyrics fit perfectly. I'll have to youtube the song so I can hear it for myself. Man...this was the perfect scenario. Poor Jibble. I feel worse for him than Cena since Cena is young. He's more capable of breaking away (theoretically) than John but he won't do it. Like a kid who just has to have his Shawn. I swear're so mean! No heart at all. LOL

I really, really enjoyed this. It was sad which means I need to go read something happy now LOL But with Shawn it's never really truly happy until all things are resolved.

Your writing is phenomenal as usual and thanks so much for the shout out! *hugs*
Esha Napoleon chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
Fuzzely? That's a new one XP

This was good ;)
slashburd chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
Totally and utterly fantastic. I *love* this wholeheartedly.

Heel Shawn is perfect, the manipulative side I can really see and Bret - Bret is perfect too. Just the line "Long, dark, hair in curly rivulets, hung over strong shoulders" was enough for me to know, to almost feel what Shawn felt and I love that in a story. And I almost feel sorry for JBL and Cena getting thoroughly played by HBK.

Another awesome fic, straight to faves as I know I'll want to read this again :)
takers dark lover chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
WOW! This was AWESOME! I loved this story it put two things I love togather. Wrestling and The Eagles. And Lying Eyes is one of my faves.

Wonderful Great Awesome!
Dark Kaneanite chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
Can I smack Shawn now or later? This fic-in Nef's words- Is a gem. I really, really like, defo going on favs. And I agree it's not right that Shawn gets a pity party, but at the same time it lets us see what twisted Shawn into the player he is.

Loved it hun!

And according to a certian blonde muse there are some more xmas fics coming. -_- Can I beat him instead. lol