Reviews for Extra Credit
tenoh27 chapter 1 . 11/18/2010
Thank you for sharing this story. I am really glad Hermione threw Ron over. Hr/R is a really bad example of a functioning couple.
Kitsune Fey chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT! omg Hermione Neville are kick ass
lollipop chapter 1 . 2/4/2010
"Do you know that the ministry’s been issuing glitter on vampires to make them stronger in the sun?”

Ha. Haha. Hahahaha. That really made me laugh. Vampires are always stronger when they SPARKLE!

The story was cute, too. I really liked it. Keep up the good work. :)
Right or Ryn chapter 1 . 12/18/2009
Absolutely, undeniably adorable. Neville was very much in character - brave but still incredibly self-conscious.

This story is near perfection. The only glaringly obvious detail that needs to be fixed is the attention (or lack thereof) to punctuation, particularly at the end of dialogue. "... I got you a detention” should be "... I got you detention." etc.

Thanks for sharing! It was a delightful read, and I wish there were more stories with this pairing out there.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
"He was used to being confused by Harry sometimes, but this year it was different. Harry seemed distant, like everyone else. It was like they had never experienced what had happened last year. It was like Dumbledore’s army had never happened, and Umbridge had never put a broad, pink-shoed foot in Hogwarts. Ron was absorbed with Lavender, Harry was secretive and paranoid, and Hermione seemed to be self-contained and distant. It was frustrating; he thought he had come closer than ever before to his friends, and now things seemed worse than before."

Yes, that’s how book 6 must have felt to Neville… I still remember Luna’s comment that the DA was “almost like having friends.”

OK, Luna’s loopy theory about glitter and vampires… somebody wouldn’t be taking a pot-shot at a certain rather-too-popular teenage vampire series, would they? :) (and I don’t mean Buffy.)

“He’s got hands like a tentacula and makes Malfoy look humble and chivalrous.”

That’s our Cormac. What a guy. And the way you develop him subsequently is, alas, all too probable. I did see somebody’s fic recently that paired Cormac and Draco—if ever there were two who deserved each other, it would be those two. Ego enough to light New York, London and Tokyo for a year.

You brought them all alive with sufficient vividness that I finished my reading worried for Neville that he’d declared himself to someone who was rather painfully on the rebound, and would all of this work out… regardless of how J. might have written it.
NLaddict chapter 1 . 12/4/2009