Reviews for Poison Pen
masitech09 chapter 27 . 1h
awwwwww
kimtrg chapter 15 . 9/18
“Knock me up if anyone tries to wake me.” HARRYYYY NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, DO YOU KNOW WHAT GETTING KNOCKED MEEANNNNSSSS?! OMG
xikum chapter 31 . 9/16
I like your choice of ending! Harry wanted to get them thinking, and is no lover of public attention. This puts it squarely in the people's hands - as he may be anyone, so anyone may question wizarding behaviors that are unfair at their base. Well done!
sanjh.urs chapter 31 . 9/16
Great story, kudos to you.. I especially loved the articles by Oliver Twist.
Elle Poynton chapter 20 . 9/9
That Charlie & The Chocolate Factory reference MHMMMMM GOODSHIT yes
wastemylife chapter 31 . 9/5
Addition: I just went on your profile to see if you had any other Harry Potter fanfictions and read that Frau has since passed away. I am very sorry for my indiscretion and offer my sincerest condolences! May she rest in peace.
wastemylife chapter 32 . 9/5
I‘ve come across this fic quite a few months ago and reread it recently when I decided to leave a review on every single one of my all time favourites and this fanfiction is on that list!
I love the idea of an intelligent and eloquent Harry Potter, mostly because (as you pointed out several times) his parents were described as highly intelligent in the books and it didn‘t feel logical for Harry to be such a lazy person with only real talent for quidditch and defense of the dark arts and getting in trouble.
I enjoyed your self confident Harry who speaks up for himself and takes responsibility, leading the Wizarding World into a new age - if only under an alias. The way Harry‘s articles were written seems ‚legit‘ - what I mean is that they do in fact sound like newspaper articles and columns.
I laughed quite loudly when Dobby caught Rita, especially when he went to show his achievement of and decided to keep the blasted woman as a pet! Suits her right, that horrible woman.
I‘m also a huge fan of the very subtle Molly and Dumbledore bashing. I hate when Dumbledore‘s manipulations are not subtle but very clear and incredibly unrealistic. You however managed to make it very subtle without discrediting Dumbledore too much towards the end of your story. Having him have mental health issues makes sense, especially now knowing his background story with Ariana and Grindelwald, he must have had quite a lot of things to live with and quite some guilt and that can certainly drive a person crazy. Adding your reason for his issues, it‘s honestly quite marvelous he managed to stay ‚sane‘ that long ;)
I wish however that there would have been some closure with an epilogue of sorts that showed what happened to the magical world after they got rid of Riddle and his Death Eaters, how the Ministry was affected and in which ways they changed their policies and maybe followed Oliver Twist‘s advice on a few things. I also found it a little weird that Hermione as the stereotypical bookworm didn‘t recognize Oliver Twist. She sure must have read Dickens but since you are the authors...
In conclusion, I love this story dearly and revisit it regularly to read it because it is an incredible story with an amazing idea and on point characterizations! I also hope that Frau got better (even though the story has already been finished for about 8 years at this point but I know that dealing with mental health issues takes a lot of time and patience) and I wish you both the best!
SlytherinSalazar chapter 31 . 8/29
This was amazing! Just what I was looking for
once.and.future.k1ng chapter 25 . 8/29
okay, hi
i know it's been like 8 years since the last chapter and you probably won't even see this review but i really wanted to say that this is like the best fic i've ever read
i've been reading it for hours and it's like 4am right now BUT HOLLY HELL this is so good
bless you
Dude chapter 32 . 8/25
Hdhjeje
Robby the Cyber Warrior chapter 31 . 8/25
This was brilliant, echoed many of my problems with the wizarding world, and was a thoroughly enjoyable read
Robby the Cyber Warrior chapter 20 . 8/25
"Anything you want to, do it! Want to change the world? There's nothing... to it." God I love that movie, and that song. Gene Wilder is a treasure
V.V chapter 28 . 8/24
Ah, yes, the inheritance rituals. Wonder how they have gone...
V.V chapter 25 . 8/24
STOP THE PRESSEES!
And someone get a priority alpha message to Lord Potter that in all his dealings after claiming his emancipation there was a "Lord Harry" in attendance.
V.V chapter 23 . 8/24
You know,... all this meticulous switching to meet his dudes could be migated by slipping Harry a time-turner.
9,089 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »