Reviews for What Follows Consent
Guest chapter 12 . 6/10/2014
thank you for such a great ff!

man, the plot is so neat, and I personally like your writing. I prefer dialogues using signs like "I don't know," "Let me take my cue." and whatnot, but this ff just blows my mind.
Catastrophic Monsoon chapter 12 . 4/4/2014
Noooooo im so sad this is over T_T but I'm glad you're going to write another story about them :D I really enjoy reading their banter. I swear that's how it is in the manga and anime lol but awesome job on this and im definitely going to subscribe to you so I don't miss out :)
Orchidellia chapter 12 . 3/17/2014
Absolutely stellar job! This is one of my new favourite fics.
Risa Hijikata chapter 9 . 2/3/2014
Kyaaaa! *fangirl squeal* That was a good suspense. I kept shouting at my laptop, "Confess! Confess! Confess!" like Yamazaki screams 'Anpan!'. When Gin-san didn't, I almost flipped my whole desk in frustration hahaha...
Guest chapter 12 . 1/6/2014
AMAZING! Your fiction was amazing. You keep their characters so well, and it was really well written. You should definitly write more GinHiji stories, like seriously. Anyway I'm so happy I've read this fic, you made me the happiest girl today!
Thanks for your hard work!
masruiiiik chapter 6 . 12/16/2013
Hello! Just thought I'd stop lurking around for once and pop by and tell you that I absolutely adore your GinHiji fanfics. They're adorable, perfect, and wonderfully realistic. They're very in character, very real, and I adore how even without needing the necessary words, the readers understand the crazy, stupid, irrational emotions these two feel for and about each other. Well...they admit it at the end of this fanfic, which is brilliant as well (Gintoki's vague "I love you" without explicitly saying it is awesome... and he's right! It's always been implicit. ;P), gave me tons and tons of feels.

At certain times, I have to reread certain parts of the chapter because wow. There's so much going on and so many rampage thoughts and feelings and sometimes it's overwhelming...but in a good way! I don't know how to describe it, but I can feel how Gintoki and Hijikata are slowly falling for each other, and it's this immense wave that just sorta washes over you with every word of this fanfic, and it's just. Wow. I don't even know how to describe how amazing this fanfic is in proper words. xD It's just such a good story, with such a nice flow, and wonderful, quirky, in-character characters. You're amazing writing abilities are just an added bonus. ;) All in all, beautiful, wonderful, amazing, and I am off to read the sequel to this story! :D

Definitely one of my favourite GinHiji fics out there. :)))

- masruiiiik

PS. I just remembered why I reviewed this on chapter 6 even though I'm done this fanfic. But chapter 4 is the same as chapter 6. I think you accidentally put up chapter 6 as 4? I dunno. I read chapter 4 and thought: I don't understand what the heck is going on. But then I finished chapter 5 and went to 6 and it was the exact same chapter as chapter 4. Maybe I'm going crazy. Maybe it's from all the GinHiji feels. But I thought I should point that out. :)
MatoGin chapter 12 . 12/5/2013
Wah I really liked this fic :) you really kept true to Sorachi's style and I love how Hijikata and Gin are still so feisty and gets in each others nerve all the way to the end XD
UuenTheYueRyuu chapter 11 . 11/14/2013
...!
*Deep breath*
I can't even...! Aaaaaaaahhhh! Fhdjshsjsjajsjebdjsueeeubsnnyajsbhw...!
Finally, a confession!
KonKon chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
Just dropping by to say how I really love this fanfic! I've just finished reading the whole story and it was really cute and nice!

Someone could say nothing's going on inside Gintoki's mind but so much and a lot of ramblings involving Hijikata is actually happening inside there, it actually spun my mind off (as well what was going on inside Hijikata's). D Really... the hardships when these two always start as fuck-buddies... unf.

"Take my cock- I mean, SOCK."
HAHAHAHAHHA ONE OF MY FAVORITE PARTS OMG GIN-SAN XDDD

I was actually waiting for either Gintoki or Hijikata to mention Bikini Bottom or Spongebob with all the fishes around them. LOL XD

All in all, it was really a good read. And I'm really looking forward to it's sequel! Thanks for making GinHiji fanfics and keeping the fandom alive!
Proper the Incredible chapter 12 . 5/25/2013
Very nicely done, I really respect you for writing this pairing, I can only imagine how hard they must be to successfully write.
Illgenes chapter 12 . 5/12/2013
Woww... thank you so much for your amazing fanfic. It's probably one of the best I've ever seen. And there's so much depth too (also- finally! a fanfic that's actually helping me expand my vocab! It's just really well written)
Guest chapter 12 . 5/10/2013
This was really, REALLY good. I adore how you decided to end it in such a light-hearted manner, though I found it to be a bit abrupt, but it doesn't really make this fic any less of amazing, so whatever, haha. But I just want to say this fic was such a fun read and I don't really know how to express how much I loved the way you portrayed GinHiji. Also, this fic is all sorts of perfect because I found everything I was looking for in a GinHiji fic in here: the humor, the angst (I really loved the angst, huhu) and of course, the romance. Sorry for my incoherence. But really, it was that good. Thank you so much for this! I'll be looking forward for more of GinHiji from you :'D
calloutyoru chapter 12 . 4/29/2013
na-chan00,

First of all, I sort of wanna apologize. After years of perpetually rereading this story and its prequel, this is the first time I'm leaving a review. I feel like such a shithead for being a (devoted) lurker and secretely diehard fan but never telling you, when I know very well how much it means to writers to receive feedback on their work. I blame my absentmindedness! Yet. Sorry. I mean it.

Here goes... I can't even properly express much I love this story. It's probably my all-time-favourite fanfiction, to be perfectly honest. I'm fickle by nature and constantly get lost in different fandoms, switching from one to another in the blink of an eye - Gintama is the only thing I always return too, no matter what. My headcanon is quite undeniably that Gintoki and Hijikata are in love with each other, not in the conventional way but the totally messed up, frustrated, overwhelming, twisted sort of way...which you describe so FREAKING SPOT ON. Seriously, I'm blown away by your ability to make their love-hate relationship so beautifully real, in all its hysteria and angst and tension and and and!

Haha, what's more... you got the characters down perfectly. Inner dialogues as well as direct ones. and I mean all of them. Reading your fic gives me same feeling as watching a Gintama episode or reading a chapter for that matter. I just find myself inside the amazingly fucked up Gintama universe immediately and I cry and laugh accordingly. and I love that feeling.

I could go on forever, but I won't since this is about to turn into a rather long-ass annoying rant, but I hope I got my point across. My point being, I ADORE THIS. Thanks for writing it. I love your writing style. It's got every single little emotional twist perfectly drawn out, and it's still funny as hell. Not everyone can pull that off!

Phew. That said, I hope you never abandon GinHiji. You were possibly born to write them. *resists urge to type hundreds of heart* Yeah. When I've started I don't know how to stop. Still. 3 (behold my self control XD)
akatsus4 chapter 12 . 4/1/2013
I mean... what the...
what the hell? I mean... what did I just do? I feel like I'm going insane.
what the frick was that?
The end? The end! Sorry, but I'm not sure I understand this phrase my lovely lady. I mean... whyyyyyyyyyy? I feel extremely happy just reading a new chapter (I mean, extremely incredibly happy, I've been so desperate for this chapter since... like, the eleventh? Probably.) but I feel... what's the word? I don't even know. I seriously didn't want it to end. It's just too sudden. It ends beautifully, by the way. But... but... bwawawawaaa my love write another GinHiji. I'm begging you.

Anyway, I can't change the fact that What Follows Consent has ended. Aah, my lady, it's the most amazing masterpiece I've ever read in my entire fangirl-life. I'm serious. I have never read anything longer than 5000 words twice. And I read this beautiful thing over 10 times. Messing With A Rotten Bond was about... 10 times too? Oh well, both of them are incredibly lovely. You're just awesome. Seriously.

Ok, I'm going to read this chapter again now, excuse me.
AdaraLove chapter 12 . 3/28/2013
Another amazing chapter like usual, although I'm sad to see this story end ( At the least Gintoki finally allowed himself to share his feelings with Hijikata ) I swear, these two are so super stubborn XDD Anyway, this chapter was both frustrating, heartwarming, and downright hilarious! Yamazaki's report had me laughing so hard XDDD Thank you for finishing such an amazing story! I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end )