Reviews for Lombaxes Don't Count Sheep
PinkSaphira chapter 1 . 5/15
Loved it! You are so good at writing this stuff! Also, I noticed that you write Assassin's Creed fabrics and was wondering if you had a AC and Ratchet and Clank crossover. Just wondering because I saw a picture of a Assassin Ratchet and thought a story like that would be cool! Anyways, loved the fluff in this! Poor Ratchet, but at least he has sweet Aphelion!
Bookwrm389 chapter 1 . 5/14
Aww, so sad! I felt so bad for Ratchet at the end of Tools of Destruction when Clank was snatched away from him. And I felt all the same uncertainties as Ratchet, not knowing where Clank was or even whether he wanted or needed to be rescued, but all the same still missing him and worrying about him and feeling like it would be a betrayal to give up the search. I like this little illustration into that heartbreaking time.

As a side note, I have to mention that earlier this week, I actually legit fell asleep while watching a Ratchet and Clank walkthrough on Youtube. To be fair, it was late at night and I was in tucked bed and not at my desk, but apparently the sounds of violent explosions soothes me? And I only woke up after the boss was defeated and the action died down, haha! Easy to see how Aphelion reciting the manual for the RYNO would soothe Ratchet in much the same way :D
Crescent Moon -Jessica151294 chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
This was beautiful! Nice descriptions too! And Aphelion reading aloud the RYNO manual as a lullaby was so... so... Ratchet! That's why we adore him, right? This was a lovely one-shot, good job!
Ghostkid33 chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Techno-babble. Best cure for insomnia. lol Aphelion did that quite well when she was reciting the RYNO's technical manual to lull Ratchet to sleep. Apparently, reciting any strongly-worded instructions to a piece of advanced technology can put any person to sleep if they can't understand it. This was so awesome and it captured Ratchet perfectly! I can totally see this as an alternate cutscene in ToD.
Temporal abnormalities chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
MORE? :)
Mirror and Image chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Ah, the words that come to mind. Adorable. Sweet. Wistful. Gentle. While Clank is malfunctioning and not even aware that he's really away from Ratchet, Ratchet is left suffering the pangs of loneliness which you manage to capture in heartfelt simplicity.

Of course, Ratchet treats robots like living beings, after all, look at his best friend. It's nice to see some reciprocity as a result, that Aphelion and others are fiercely loyal to him as a result. (What *does* that say about how the galaxies treat their automatons?)

And Aphelion's recitation of the R.Y.N.O.'s technical manual us such a wonderful touch of pure Ratchet.

Thumbs up. A very nice story.

~da twins

~~Mirror and Image
Jelfia Maleak chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
that was a great story. keep it up, very well writen
Yami Arow chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
Aw I really enjoyed this I love how you write Ratchet, he's so sad and misses his friend so badly, bless him.

I really like how you sloted in Aphelion the best ship ever, and the RYNO manual what a lullaby lol

Thanks for writting this, simple heartfelt oneshots are wonderful.

Aino nĂ¡

Arowanna
porkybun chapter 1 . 12/8/2009
This was really nice~ :)

Reciting the manual for the RYNO to get to sleep :P

Poor Ratchet
Anonymous chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
Holy crap! AWESOMENESS! The only bad thing I have to say is...I wish there were more chapters! Haha! I mean, this is very well written. It shows a more personal side of Ratchet without getting overly-sensitive-feeling (which would feel VERY out of character!) And I absolutely LOVED the little details that show Ratchet's "Lombaxy-ness", like when you said "winds bit into his fur", it makes you remember that the character is an alien, but it still seems so human. Also, I thought the ending was sort of cute and funny, with Aphelion reading the RYNO manual to lull Ratchet to sleep. Overall, here's what I want to say: I used to think of the R&C series as cute, as far as the storyline goes, but felt that it lacked in serious plot. Well, lately I've been really looking into the entire series' plot, and I'm finding that it IS quite a story! So I went looking here on FanFic for something that would further intrigue me with the storyline, and I thought this was a nice look in Ratchet's mind. Very cool, keep it up!
Babywarrior5 chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
Since I don't have an account, I've decided to use my PSN ID. Lol. Anyway, that was absolutely beautiful! You have a real talent. This is exactly how I imagined Ratchet being after ToD. And I like that you actually give Aphelion a personality. A lot of people don't and I like her better that way. I always imagine Ratchet becoming more attached to her over the course of Crack in Time. Again, excellent story. :)
Kaden Koba chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
How beautiful.

It catches a different side of the Ratchet and Clank universe, in a way that makes me think about how to develop the darker parts of Ratchet's own character for the story that I have yet to write.

Thank you for posting this. I mean it.