Reviews for Sky on Fire: Walk Through Shadow
wolfeclipse25 chapter 8 . 9/4/2012
This wss a very vonfusing story, but it was good. I got like 90% of it.
SI5EVA chapter 8 . 1/16/2012
Fabulous story! Over the years and considering the amount of screentime Shikamaru gets, it's hard to find something marginally original but you've done it :D

I especially liked how you emphasized the shadows because isn't that exactly what the Nara clan is known for? The idea of "walking" through your shadow to overcome yourself was interesting in and of itself, but the fact that Shikamaru's worst enemy was indeed Shikamaru himself made it relatable in other terms. Kinda like finding yourself without the cliched-ness, you know?

I definitely did not expect Aunt Sadako's story but at the same time, it wasn't inherently shocking, which means you did a great job of writing it. One thing I noticed was that Shikamaru was particularly short-tempered and talkative; while that doesn't come as much of a shock considering his upset shadow and the circumstances, it was just a bit unsettling for this change of character. You expect Shikamaru to be eternally composed but I guess that while this was written in third person, it also focused mainly on Shikamaru so it was likely just the fact that it was his thoughts plus his words that made him seem loquacious.

Overall, great job! You tied in other important characters from Shikamaru's life smoothly and acknowledged his relationships and shadow very neatly. :)
RosRua chapter 8 . 9/5/2011
What an awesome story! Great read. I loved how you brought it to its conclusion. I didn't see the ending about Aunt Sadako coming - that was really sweet.
Essex chapter 8 . 8/15/2011
Nice ending. I like the big reveal about Sadoko, and the bit with the kittens gave things a lighter note.
Jedi chapter 8 . 8/13/2011
Great story, really fits into your Slow Burn arc but weaves it's own thread.
KukiRew chapter 8 . 8/12/2011
I don't know how to handle or describe the feelings I got when I realized that this was the last chapter for this story, except that it was beautiful. The ending was sweet and satisfying too. 333
Essex chapter 7 . 8/7/2011
Well done. It'll be interesting to see how you end this.
with vine leaves in his hair chapter 7 . 7/31/2011
Aww, please update soon!

I want to know how this ends sp much!
Deleted114 chapter 7 . 7/30/2011
Oh, Shikamaru...denial is not just a river in Egypt. ;)

I am, as always, in love with your characterization.
Sun and Shadow chapter 7 . 7/28/2011
Really cool development of Shikamaru's character. I anticipated the voice being Shika's subconscious, but not the shadow outliving the person. Also, Aunt Sadako seems suspicious to me. Could she possibly be a shadow herself? Interesting, really really good!
KukiRew chapter 7 . 7/27/2011
Oh my gah! It's almost finished. o3O

This has been quite a successful and ultimately beautiful read

into self-discovery and realization. The way you conveyed everything was just simply amazing.

Thank you for this fic.
Hijokugei chapter 7 . 7/27/2011
Huh. That was an interesting realization scene. Not the usual Massive Battle for Dominance, but a game of words... interesting.
paperazzi chapter 6 . 3/16/2011
well i've found your Sky on Fire series and i rather enjoy it!

this story is much slower and heavier than Ino's story, but i like it even more i daresay.

Thanks for sharing these wonderful stories!

Please update!
Deleted114 chapter 6 . 2/2/2011
Awesome.
Jenn chapter 6 . 1/27/2011
Thank you for writing this story. I love the plot and the composition of this story is simply wonderful. I will continue to read this story for please do your best in writing Sky on Fire.