Reviews for In His Father's Footsteps
gabelou1991 chapter 10 . 10/27
Call0013 chapter 6 . 3/15
In the manga Gohan is nine when he beats cells in the anime they make him eleven
Neo-Devil chapter 8 . 8/11/2014
not only that, remember, Gohan is turning into another 'Goku', Remember, Goku thought Marriage was a FOOD of all things, now gohan is turning into a naive moron. poor Gohan.
Neo-Devil chapter 7 . 8/11/2014
eh, seen it before.
icecreamguy chapter 10 . 6/12/2014
Please continue this story! It's really unique and good
TalkingLollipop chapter 10 . 4/11/2014
Are you planning on continuing this story?
DarkVoid116 chapter 10 . 2/19/2014
So this is where the new content, what a stopping point...

Erasa learning about Bardock shocks me. I wonder if they'll break up now? Erasa must understand the leaving now..

The GohanVidel friendship moments really made me super dooper happy.

Great battle- the Vegeta scene made me super happy, as did the way Gohan eventually beat Ka-Ryu.

Awesome chapter, and story.
DarkVoid116 chapter 9 . 2/19/2014
Just found out you went to the military, which probably means this story won't ever be updated again.. but it's so amazing that it could stand alone, depending on how next chapter goes.

The end of this chapter brought such a smile to my face. It was so easy to see the sparks between Gohan and Videl. Their banter was amazing.

Great job with the Bardock/Videl talk and the robbery in general. Excellent chapter!
DarkVoid116 chapter 8 . 2/19/2014
I wonder if Erasa saw Gohan transform into Bardock and head off.. I also expect the Bardock/Videl confrontation is going to have to happen soon-ish.

Great chapter. I don't mind them going on a date. It's true Gohan likes Erasa as a dear friend, and Erasa clearly likes him a ton. Why not? He'll be with Videl in time..

The Vegeta/Gohan spar was well written as well.
DarkVoid116 chapter 7 . 2/19/2014
I like the name Bardock. Especially given his actual outfit. It's a fitting tribute to a true hero who is way too often overlooked in the story of DBZ.

You're sticking well to canon without doing so to a tee, a perfect combination. I'm a big fan of the bond between the four teens, and am also a fan of Gohan helping Videl as Bardock.

When might more secrets be revealed? Will we see more GohanPiccolo and GohanVegeta spars in the near future?
DarkVoid116 chapter 6 . 2/19/2014
Man, this jumped way further up my favorites list. It's realistic! GOHAN HAS A CAR! I like the hovercar, I like this second meeting with Videl. Might Videl realize this is who saved her as a child? And, I assume, spurred her little crime-fighting adventures?

I like that Sharpner, Erasa and Videl welcome him in with open arms. It was really cool.

Is he going to be a superhero? I do hope so. What about Vegeta? How is the Saiyan culture stuff going?

I also enjoyed him not being shy about who training him. Reeling off famous martial artists off the bat helps to acclimate himself without being shrouded in secrets. Great chapter.
DarkVoid116 chapter 5 . 2/19/2014
I will start with your most recent logic- if it happened 3 years after DB, Gohan would be 2 & three months, max. DB ended with the wedding, and I don't believe Chi Chi was pregnant before that. Nine months later is the earliest he could've been.

Anyway, my age timeline for Gohan- 4 at start of DBZ. 5 when Saiyans arrive. 7 when they received the warning from Trunks. 10 when Androids attack. 11, due to Hyperbolic Time Chamber, when Cell Games occur. When he attends high school, he is 18, while Videl, Erasa and Sharpner are 17. Also, his birthday is in May, so he technically gains a year between the Androids attacking and the Cell Games, on a strict number basis. He's probably born one year after the 23rd WMAT, assuming that takes place in May as well. So he's 4, then 5, then 7, then 9 going on 10 when the Androids arrive, then 11 after the HTC.

Anyway, good tournament. I didn't like that last guy, but the other fights were excellent. Great job with Vegeta/Gohan bonding, the Saiyan culture, etc., and good chapter overall.
DarkVoid116 chapter 4 . 2/19/2014
I would say it's a Namekian simply because of the green skin color, but that seems weird.

Ha! Representative! Four feet tall! I laugh at Vegeta from this chapter.

This tournament should be interesting. I'm a little confused, but whatever floats your boat. As long as stuff gets explained in the long run, oh well.

Nice chapter.
DarkVoid116 chapter 3 . 2/19/2014
Haha, Vegeta is intense. 800? That's a lot. Is Vegeta a Super Saiyan 2 yet? I wouldn't think so, but who knows.. it's only been a year since the Cell Games, that would be insane - and quick - progress.

The dimensional rip seems legitimate considering Gohan is probably around Super Buu's power now, who also created a rip in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with a combination of power and the volume of his screams.

Hopefully now that Goku knows about Gohan's battle with his inner demons he'll be around more to help.

I wonder if Mr. Satan and Gohan will ever cross paths or if Videl will recognize Gohan when he goes to high school..
DarkVoid116 chapter 2 . 2/19/2014
Wow, your writing is really good. The plot is excellent. I don't know what it is about him, but I really like the camaraderie between Gohan and Vegeta. It's not quite a father-son type of deal, which is nice since I find Goku irreplaceable in that respect, but it's something that will help Gohan grow as a person. I really, really like it.

The nightmare was intense, and well written. I usually skim battles when I read a fic, as I'm more of an emotions, love, gooey type of reader, but I read every word. It was excellent.

I also really like Chi Chi's passion as a mother. She's excellently portrayed in this. I recently rewatched canon, from the Otherworld Tournament until when Gohan and Videl leave the 25th WMAT with Kibito, and what stuck out was how Chi Chi actually isn't portrayed too OOC in canon. She really was that pushy. Still, though, I prefer your version- caring mother who still maintains some 'Chi Chi' elements..

That was Videl, I assume, correct? I'm looking forward to seeing how an early, just-post-Cell meeting will affect Videl and Gohan's future as friends and as a couple.