Reviews for All Things Pass
Whisper of the Moonlight River chapter 6 . 6/19/2011
WHAT? Is this the end of the story? This piece of writing made me cry, and now it's cut off in the middle of nowhere?

I can't describe it. I can't believe Carlisle and Esme would do such a thing. Out of all the Cullens, the two of them seemed most unlikely.

Outstanding plot. I can't be satisfied by just six chapters.
neener.will.quit chapter 6 . 6/11/2010
wow. i havent read a twilight story in a while but that one was realllllllly good.

well done.

loved the ending. :)
Master of the Boot chapter 5 . 3/18/2010
If this story had been entirely about Joan then I might be enjoying this story right now.

I found her experience with the spriits of the dead to be fascinating. the first fascinating moment in this story.

Master of the Boot chapter 4 . 3/18/2010
Well, this wasn't a bad chapter. It wasn't a good chapter either. It wasn't bad because it didn't directly relate to the Cullens too much. You seem to handle original characters better.

Yeah, Ruthvhen. "Nice" reference there. To the early vampire novel that preceded Dracula. I'd like it if this wasn't such a bland chapter. It came across as rather cheap. And no offense but Joan was pretty stupid not to realize that waking up in a cave with two homely doctors is a bad thing! Not nearly enough doubt and worry on joan's part.

Honestly, this is just too much of a leap for the characters. First it's "I'm dying on animal blood, maybe i can try human blood." Then it's, "LEt's kidnapp all these hobos and kill them. :)"

I found nothing particularly fresh or original about this chapter. I've seen stuff like it a billion times over and it's all old hat.

Master of the Boot chapter 3 . 3/18/2010
Alright, I found this one slightly better than the last chapter but not by much.

A lot of the characters struck me as OOC in this. I was shocked by Carlisle's sexism. I was even more shocked when Esme got angry at how well he listened to the doctor. It's just that in the books i've never seen any evidence that would back up this kind of behavior from Carisle. I've read stories where he did have a slightly ethnocentric and sexist mindview, but in those stories I could believe it. Here I just can't buy it.

Esme also comes across as a bit OOC. I find her mindview hard to believe. It's not her nature to sneak behind people's backs about things. That's Alice and Rose's department.

J ust not sold to the idea. I can read stories where they're downright nasty and worse, but I have to believe it first (rhyme.)

This isn't working out at all. Metro K is definitely runining this story for me.

Master of the Boot chapter 2 . 3/18/2010
I remember geophf's stories, they were so bad that I wanted to commit suicide in order to escape the pain.

I have to say that I was less than impressed with this chapter. IT just stretches plausability in just too many places. For starters, the contact lenses. The vampires here can see the individual dust particles in the air. Just because it can fool humans doesn't mean that it could fool them. but I guess that's forgivable. Even if it's to hide his eye color, wouldn't it be suspicious if he wore them around all the time?

Another thing, it stretches plausability too much that NOBODY noticed Carlisle's ailing healthy. A single stumble should have alerted them to his failing health. It's like your father becoming an alcoholic, you might not see him drunk and you can't see the cirocis setting in, but the signs will be there, especially to a LOVING family, especially when there are at least seven people who can notice it. For the sake of argument I'll just conclude that you decided to make the Cullens stupid or unbelievably selfish beyond all reason. Kay?

Call me crazy, but I thought that Carlisle's reaction to drinking human blood was OOC. He called the human drinkers "one of them." I just can't picture him saying that, he doesn't have the nescessary hubris to do that. Don't forgett that he's friends with many of the human eaters and treats them as well as he treats the animal eaters. If anything, he 'd be angry that Esme didn't tell him the truth right away.

I'll be honest, the house crossover did nothing. Without anything else of substance in this chapter. Without anything else of worth to give it boyancy, it fell flat. I hope Carlisle eates House, I no longer like that guy.

MAster of the Boot
Master of the Boot chapter 6 . 3/16/2010
I wasn't sure about this one so I decided to read the final chapter just to give me a guage of what's going on.

*Slams fist down on desk* I LOVE IT! I read this chapter and I love it with all ten magnitudes and orders of my heart. I know you said this wasn't a happy ending but damn it! this was one hell of an ending. I just love it.

I know the Cullens most likely die, but there's something deeper going on. Carlisle has fallen and a monster has awoken which cannot be put to sleep. But as the quote says, "Pride comes before the fall." I LOVE that Carlisle would rather fall, rather forsake his wife and die than continue with this lifestyle. That's the Carlisle I know and love! :D D

That's what the Cullens are all about. they're about being better than who you are, they're about principles and ethics. When those principles that sustained them are gone, chaos has come again and it all must be brought down like the diseased abomination that it is.

Esme has fallen so far and I shake my head, but I also rejoice knowing that she will be killed. Her love has turned sour, like Othello, her love has become a twisted and selfish parody of what it once was. And like Othello she is abandoned by her lover. How fitting. Let the ax fall for her.

Then Emmett gets his fight. What a mental retard, his whole family is about to be murdered and all he can think of is that this will be some brawl. Like a child, he has no grasp of the gravity of the situation. Oh well, there's one Cullen I won't be sad to see go. Rain Man has more brains than he.

But seriously, I loved this story. It hit a note deep inside of me and filled me with richeous, joyful adrenaline.

*Slams fist down again* I'm glad that you were wrong, because I loved this :D

I'm pressed for time now and I'l have to review the rest of it later.

Master of teh Boot
Matrix Taylor chapter 6 . 3/4/2010
I like the plot and tone of story. Good job. Although wish you didn't kill of Carlisle and Esme.

Should warn about dark esme though. _
ElectrikViolin chapter 6 . 1/20/2010
I'm not so sure if I liked this fic. It was written incredibly well that I can't deny. It was entertaining and kept me on the end of my seat. Unlike other 'lets go kill the Cullens' stories this one was well thought out and original. But the whole Esme turning into a bitch thing didn't go over so well with me. Although I liked it because it was different and made sense I always liked that in Twilight the Cullens didn't give in to their Vampiric nature. You obviously didn't like that. Another thing that I didn't like was that you painted the wolves in a bad light. But being a fellow hater of sparklified vampires (sparkles seriously?) I am able to appreciate the dark spin that you put on this story. Excellent job to both of you. It's being favourited!
Haissan chapter 6 . 1/19/2010
o neat falls into canon
nustressmom chapter 6 . 1/19/2010
Is it weird that all I keep thinking is Esme calling the girl a bitch? LOL!
nustressmom chapter 5 . 1/10/2010
Is this going to be a story full of questions that won't get answered until the end? I'm starting to feel like I'm reading an episode of Lost. That is a good thing.
nustressmom chapter 4 . 1/10/2010
It took me until the end of the chapter to figure out that Daniel wasn't real. I was really confused there for awhile. I like how you work these new characters into the lives of the Twilight characters.
Haissan chapter 5 . 1/8/2010
Well, I am not complaining. I drank that bottle got sick, I am not drinking sake for a while, not by myself anyway.

Honestly, this goes beyond what i would have expected, retelling a story through recollection.
Haissan chapter 4 . 12/26/2009